The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8800
The RFEF rules are quite clear on this, and Butragueño's defence that "we weren't informed about it" doesn't work since the list of suspended players was published to all clubs before the season started (and it wouldn't be a valid excuse anyway). Even if Flo treats Cadiz to some pocket money and they refrain from filing a complaint, any other club that's qualified for the next round could do it, and FCB/ATM surely would. Pretty inevitable.

Then again, stranger things have happened with RFEF
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Vae
The RFEF rules are quite clear on this, and Butragueño's defence that "we weren't informed about it" doesn't work since the list of suspended players was published to all clubs before the season started (and it wouldn't be a valid excuse anyway). Even if Flo treats Cadiz to some pocket money and they refrain from filing a complaint, any other club that's qualified for the next round could do it, and FCB/ATM surely would. Pretty inevitable.

Then again, stranger things have happened with RFEF

Cynical and bitter as usual
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Cynical and bitter as usual

salty cuz he got curved
Original post by swirly
salty cuz he got curved

Bae repped me, she still want it
So, Phil Neville is great at Spanish. Who'd have thought? Fair play to him. Moyes didn't learn the language and the press struggled to warm to him, thinking him aloof and arrogant, so Gary Neville will have to really win over the neutrals - and the crowd and the fans - by winning matches and embracing the culture. He can do it.
Real's defence of this cup disqualification is comical but no surprise that word is associated with them recently and their President.

Only aspect of Neville's press conference that seems contradictory is him saying he's planning for the future, and laying down roots, yet he seemed to be keen to emphasize that he's only there for six months so that suggests he's keeping a permanent role in his mind or more likely, he will hand the job to Phil when he has got his coaching qualification which he will have by the end of next summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheryshev: “I did not receive any notification from Villarreal to inform me that I had been banned from playing in the Copa del Rey.”

Comical **** up of epic proportions.
Original post by Aky786UK
Only aspect of Neville's press conference that seems contradictory is him saying he's planning for the future, and laying down roots, yet he seemed to be keen to emphasize that he's only there for six months so that suggests he's keeping a permanent role in his mind or more likely, he will hand the job to Phil when he has got his coaching qualification which he will have by the end of next summer
I think he did previously say that you have to treat every job like its a permanent job though.
It's sensible that he's promoting within for the time being, and giving every man and player a chance to prove themselves. One of the key things he needs to do early on in his career is reintegrate Negredo and get him firing.
Wow that goal Suarez just scored was incredible he just keeps getting better
Original post by iamthetruth
Wow that goal Suarez just scored was incredible he just keeps getting better

I'm now pretty happy to say that Suarez is better than Henry ever was.

Suarez is the best striker that the planet has seen since 1999, when Ronaldo was injured.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
I'm now pretty happy to say that Suarez is better than Henry ever was.

Suarez is the best striker that the planet has seen since 1999, when Ronaldo was injured.

Yeah well Suarez dominated PL he would have easily broke the record for goals scored in a season if he didn't get suspended and he didn't even take penalties. In Barca he is destroying every team Henry couldn't do that.
Another clean sheet for Atletico; they've only conceded 6 league goals this season.

Edit: and they've only conceded 2 in the Champions League. ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Fair play to Benzema, putting the past few weeks behind him and firing Real to victory. Great team goal for Barcelona, and really well rounded off by Suarez. The stamp will get the headlines, though.
Wonder if Abramovich will go all out for SImeone at the end of the season.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Wonder if Abramovich will go all out for SImeone at the end of the season.

He might give it a try if he doesn't get Pep(who I don't think will come to Chelsea but worth a try).
Original post by jam277
He might give it a try if he doesn't get Pep(who I don't think will come to Chelsea but worth a try).

The Guardian reckon Pep to City will happen, given that the only other team to really interest Pep is United, and they're comfortable under LVG's stewardship until there's a "drastic change".

Good for Valencia to get a point last night, though. In front of Gary Neville, too. They had such a young back four (average age of 23 I think?) and despite having a torrid time against Neymar in particular, they ground out the result.
I wonder if Real Madrid will ever take advantage of Barca's slip-ups.

They had a great chance to go only two points behind, from being six behind from the 4-0 hammering at the hands of Barca.
(edited 8 years ago)
Valencia could have easily found themselves two goals down after conceding that dubious penalty, but they rebounded well to claim a point. At least Neville is off the mark.
Lotf of unhappy Arsenal fans at the workplace today haha.

Latest