The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
[QUOTE=sh0rney;61080631]I've applied to Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Newcastle and Sheffield

Got AAA offers from both Newcastle and Sheffield, rejection from Cambridge and still waiting for Bath!

I've got an interview at UCL on Tuesday - any chance someone here has too?

Rejection from Cambridge? Whoa, I thought they invited all decent candidates to interview (&you clearly are one). Did you apply for a highly competitive college or something?
I have an intrrview at UCL in February (international here) , good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 201
Original post by larra7
Rejection from Cambridge? Whoa, I thought they invited all decent candidates to interview (&you clearly are one). Did you apply for a highly competitive college or something?
I have an intrrview at UCL in February (international here) , good luck with yours! :smile:

Thanks!

Yeah Cambridge say they interview the top 80% of candidates - obviously didn't quite make the cut! I applied to Kings which is a very popular college so maybe that's why... Not overly fussed anyway, just trying to focus on UCL!

Best of luck with your interview too :smile:
Original post by sh0rney
I've applied to Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Newcastle and Sheffield

Got AAA offers from both Newcastle and Sheffield, rejection from Cambridge and still waiting for Bath!

I'm still waiting for UCL to get back to me after I submitted my task. What did you do in your task? I did the theme 'closer to further'. I actually have no clue whether they'd like to see as the info they sent was rather vague 😕
Reply 203
Original post by basmaell1
I'm still waiting for UCL to get back to me after I submitted my task. What did you do in your task? I did the theme 'closer to further'. I actually have no clue whether they'd like to see as the info they sent was rather vague 😕

I did the theme 'thresholds and transitions' and did the progress of putting on a stage show. I think the themes are purposely vague so they can see your own creative interpretation of it and it can imply how you think or respond to a task
Original post by sh0rney
I did the theme 'thresholds and transitions' and did the progress of putting on a stage show. I think the themes are purposely vague so they can see your own creative interpretation of it and it can imply how you think or respond to a task

That's really creative, no wonder you got in :smile: congrats btw with your offers!! My interpretation of the theme was simply examining different perspectives of 3 objects idk if that's good enough to be honest??
Reply 205
That's really creative, no wonder you got in :smile: congrats btw with your offers!! My interpretation of the theme was simply examining different perspectives of 3 objects idk if that's good enough to be honest??

Haha thanks, not in yet! Got the interview stage still! In all honesty I have no idea what they were looking for so you never know, your idea could be more than good enough! I guess it depends on how well you did the drawings too
Original post by sh0rney
I've got an AAA offer from Sheffield and my UCL interview next Tuesday!

Original post by larra7
Rejection from Cambridge? Whoa, I thought they invited all decent candidates to interview (&you clearly are one). Did you apply for a highly competitive college or something?I have an intrrview at UCL in February (international here) , good luck with yours!

I sent mine off 10 days ago but they haven't invited me to the interview, does it mean that I am rejected? how long did it take for them to send you the invitation to the interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 207
[QUOTE=peterkeixo;61085879]I sent mine off 10 days ago but they haven't invited me to the interview, does it mean that I am rejected? how long did it take for them to send you the invitation to the interview?

Don't worry, they are probably extremly busy atm, with assesing both applications and tasks.
I sent off my task on 10th November I think and got the invitation after 2 weeks. I guess the period gets exponentially longer as time passes haha.
Good luck!
Reply 208
Original post by peterkeixo
I sent mine off 10 days ago but they haven't invited me to the interview, does it mean that I am rejected? how long did it take for them to send you the invitation to the interview?

Took them 2 weeks to get back to me :smile:
Original post by sh0rney
Took them 2 weeks to get back to me :smile:

Original post by larra7
Don't worry, they are probably extremly busy atm, with assesing both applications and tasks.
I sent off my task on 10th November I think and got the invitation after 2 weeks. I guess the period gets exponentially longer as time passes haha.
Good luck!

thanks! :smile: I wish the interview goes well! Were you asked to write another personal statement? And how is your portfolio? Manchester has asked me to send a digital one. I just put all my best recent works in it and it sums up 30ish pages.
Reply 210
[QUOTE=peterkeixo;61086603]thanks! :smile: I wish the interview goes well! Were you asked to write another personal statement? And how is your portfolio? Manchester has asked me to send a digital one. I just put all my best recent works in it and it sums up 30ish pages.
Yes for the PS and ...my portfolio is fine, I guess. I do not have so many works, tho.
I already have an offer from MSA, I would suggest chosing only your best and most suitable work for their "task".
Reply 211
Original post by peterkeixo
thanks! :smile: I wish the interview goes well! Were you asked to write another personal statement? And how is your portfolio? Manchester has asked me to send a digital one. I just put all my best recent works in it and it sums up 30ish pages.

Yeah, everyone does. I've made a physical portfolio, it's made up of mounted up sheets of work and full pieces and a sketchbook
Congrats! That's amazing, I already sent off my UCL task and I am so worried as its my first choice. Would it be possible for you to tell me what your response was for the task? I did the theme closer to further. thanks :smile:

i chose inside to outside, and intend to show the transformation of space through series of drawings of staris and windows, from different view points. some drawings incluse the objects outside the window as well.
have used pencil, ink pen, fine liner and think white board pen
Original post by sh0rney
I've applied to Bath, Cambridge, UCL, Newcastle and Sheffield

congrats! how you feeling about the interview? mine is on tueaday as well :)
Reply 214
Original post by afang02
congrats! how you feeling about the interview? mine is on tueaday as well :)

So nervous! Are you morning or afternoon?
Original post by sh0rney
So nervous! Are you morning or afternoon?

haha i m a bit stressed as well. mine is afternoon
Reply 216
Original post by afang02
haha i m a bit stressed as well. mine is afternoon

mine too! haha
Reply 217
I sent off my portfolio to Sheffield at the 10th of November and UCL received my task on the 20th... Still no reply from either... Anyone else been waiting this long for either?:/
Original post by cowie
I sent off my portfolio to Sheffield at the 10th of November and UCL received my task on the 20th... Still no reply from either... Anyone else been waiting this long for either?:/
I had to wait a month after I submitted my portfolio to Sheffield to get an offer (:
how long after getting an offer do you have to submit your portfolio? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending