The Student Room Group

**Hong Kong Non-JUPAS Applicants 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Hi has anyone done the HKUST Kira talent BBA interviews????? Eager to know about the questions asked!!!!
Original post by thesmallman
Ok so I've got an interview with HKU for LLB, but it's on the 17th when I'm still in the UK.

Apparently it's supposed to take the form of a small group in front of the admissions panel.

I was originally thinking more on the lines of a phone or Skype interview, but I guess it would be difficult for a group interview.

Any advice would appreciated regarding my situation and the style of questions that would come up in the interviews

Thanks!

I have also received an interview offer from hku and its on 17th dec too. But im gonna stay in the uk over christmas. Just wonder if its possible for them to do it in an alternative way like skype maybe? otherwise i will have to book a flight ticket now
Original post by Happysushi
I have also received an interview offer from hku and its on 17th dec too. But im gonna stay in the uk over christmas. Just wonder if its possible for them to do it in an alternative way like skype maybe? otherwise i will have to book a flight ticket now

Good to see someone in a similar situation. I've sent them an email asking them for suggestions but I don't think it's worth worrying about because it should be quite a common thing for non jupas, I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Are you applying for LLB as well?
Good to see someone in a similar situation. I've sent them an email asking them for suggestions but I don't think it's worth worrying about because it should be quite a common thing for non jupas, I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Are you applying for LLB as well?

Yes. So you are not coming back for the interview?
Original post by Happysushi
Yes. So you are not coming back for the interview?

Well I've already booked a flight for the 18th because school doesn't end till then. Would be quite expensive to change the time now, so I asked them if I could do a Skype interview or arrange for one after I come back. In the worse case scenario, I will if all else fails
have an interview tmr. **** my life i don't even want to go back to hk.
Original post by lai812matthew
have an interview tmr. **** my life i don't even want to go back to hk.

Ohhhh sheeetttt same here!!!!! I wanna go to U.K.!!! What about you!!!
Original post by Eddymok123
Ohhhh sheeetttt same here!!!!! I wanna go to U.K.!!! What about you!!!

well from my sentence you could see i have been studying in uk for quite some time. other than cheaper tuition fees there is almost no incentive for me to come back.
well from my sentence you could see i have been studying in uk for quite some time. other than cheaper tuition fees there is almost no incentive for me to come back.

So how's ur Cambridge application going?
So how's ur Cambridge application going?

interview on 8th
interview on 8th

Good luck!! I've already had mine, which went rather disastrously lol
Anyone given the HKUST video interview? I have just given and I can say **** went down real quick
hi are there second interviews following the first regional interviews in asia?
esp in the case of dentistry or medicine. I understand that the group interviews are very general and totally not course-related so i was wondering if there will be a call for another interview maybe in hongkong directly esp for these two courses. I'm referring to HKU
Original post by hjeongsub
Anyone given the HKUST video interview? I have just given and I can say **** went down real quick

I did it. wont think they will send me an offer.
Original post by fedorahat88
I did it. wont think they will send me an offer.

hahahaha same dude it was so bad
Hahaha same here guys. The questions were so weird!!!!!
Guys finished the interview (wasn't great, the questions were peculiar). Anyone received any mails from HKUST?
Hello!

I was just wondering whether anyone has gotten interviews or has already received offers for Engineering at HKU or HKUST, during the Fast Track/Early Decision round? Do some faculties take longer than others to ask for interviews/send offers?

Thanks! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by piyushjha099
I am done with my interview at HKU . I am an international applicant from India. Mine went pretty well the topic on the group interview was quite familiar to me and i had a lot to connect and express on. I even had an one on one interview for the young scientist scheme for which i was shortlisted separately . It also turned upto be well on my side. Hoping for good offers from HKU .

That is absolutely wonderful news! All the best for offers! I just wanted to ask, though, if you applied to both the Engineering and Science faculties? Also, are these group interviews the ones you have to sign up for online? Did you receive an invite for an individual interview for Engineering? Thanks!
Reply 239
Original post by piyushjha099
Yes i applied to both the faculties and I received the invitation for group as well the young scientist scheme interview by separate two emails . I didn't signed up for that . The young scientist scheme is only available for bachelor of science not for engineering. There are no separate interview unless you have been shortlisted for young scientist scheme else its only general group interview for all the faculty applicants.

Congrats !

When did u submitted ur application?
When did u receive the interview notification from the university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending