The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medbot123
Woooo good news!

Did they say for December or are they processing them for the February batch now?

Last year the interviews held in February were only for people who couldn't make the December interviews
Reply 581
What do you think 'suitability to do medicine' is about, is it like extracurricular activities or skills?
Original post by idklol
What do you think 'suitability to do medicine' is about, is it like extracurricular activities or skills?

I was wondering the exact same thing... It sounds like the skills we have learned from our extra curricular stuff!
Any of you guys going to the medlink conference in Nottingham?
Reply 584
Original post by madmed16
I was wondering the exact same thing... It sounds like the skills we have learned from our extra curricular stuff!
that sounds about right. It's so vague that maybe it's an overall thing they assess us like communication skill?
Original post by idklol
that sounds about right. It's so vague that maybe it's an overall thing they assess us like communication skill?

Oh, maybe! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Oh, maybe! I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Can extea ciricular include volunteering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylan_20
Can extea ciricular include volunteering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah 😁
Yeah 😁

Woo really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Timewilltellu
I thought they need to give us two weeks notices?

:frown: Don't know
Original post by medbot123
Woooo good news!

Did they say for December or are they processing them for the February batch now?

December :smile:
Just wondering, does Glasgow do full body dissections?
Original post by TheKhaleesi

Yeah 😊
Original post by TheKhaleesi

Whether they do full body in one go I'm not sure but they definitely do a lot, I'm an anatomy student there and we usually get the bodies once the medics have used them for the chest and abdominal cavity. The heads usually go to the dentists though
Reply 594
Glasgow Email

Problem solving skills within a scenario setting: Candidates will be given the option to select one of two scenarios prior to their interview. Candidates will be expected to discuss the issues around the scenario with their panel.

So how will they be evaluating this? When are we getting these scenarios?
Original post by Atham
So how will they be evaluating this? When are we getting these scenarios?

You get it just before you go in, you just read it over before you go into the interview
Reply 596
Original post by hollyt93
You get it just before you go in, you just read it over before you go into the interview

Oh I see. I thought as much. What sort of stuff is it usually? Is it like an article regarding an ethical debate (like euthanasia)?

Anyway, how long should an answer for the question "why study medicine?" I have a feeling that I go off the board and start talking too much and trying to incorporate the work experience I had, since I was not always interested in medicine and found my way through working with people in my community work. I am just afraid that for a 15min x 2 interview, I will take up 5 min just with this question.
Original post by Atham
Oh I see. I thought as much. What sort of stuff is it usually? Is it like an article regarding an ethical debate (like euthanasia)?

Anyway, how long should an answer for the question "why study medicine?" I have a feeling that I go off the board and start talking too much and trying to incorporate the work experience I had, since I was not always interested in medicine and found my way through working with people in my community work. I am just afraid that for a 15min x 2 interview, I will take up 5 min just with this question.

2 minutes is plenty, I can get everything and I'm similar to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 598
Original post by Dylan_20
2 minutes is plenty, I can get everything and I'm similar to you

Ok, gonna try to cut it down lol. I just like to talk a lot.
Original post by sorfinaghazali
December :smile:

Surely we'll have to hear soon then? as we would have a fortnight's notice if we heard tomorrow?

Also do you know when they tell you if you've been rejected, January or February? march?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending