The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Midwifeforlife
It's been almost a month now, I don't think they've started giving out interviews yet maybe?

Hmm probably not.. I've heard about a few people who got rejections very soon after sending theirs off, so it might be a good sign for us!
Hi guys, new to the thread, haven't sent my ucas off yet, hoping to have it sent within the next week.. Has anyone else applied to Nottingham and heard back? I'm applying to Notts, Wolverhampton and staffs :smile:
X
Nottingham have given one interview date. It took them over a month to get back to me.

Original post by chelseyrenee16
Hi guys, new to the thread, haven't sent my ucas off yet, hoping to have it sent within the next week.. Has anyone else applied to Nottingham and heard back? I'm applying to Notts, Wolverhampton and staffs :smile:
X
Original post by naz.97
Hmm probably not.. I've heard about a few people who got rejections very soon after sending theirs off, so it might be a good sign for us!

Oh I hope so!
Hey guys, I really need some help right now. So i applied for foundation year pharmacy but I really have changed my mind... I feel like midwifery is the right path for me. Do you think that there willl be midwifery courses in UCAS Extra or maybe even clearing. Im so scared cause I feel like ive just made the biggest mistake of my life
Original post by NewestPharm
Hey guys, I really need some help right now. So i applied for foundation year pharmacy but I really have changed my mind... I feel like midwifery is the right path for me. Do you think that there willl be midwifery courses in UCAS Extra or maybe even clearing. Im so scared cause I feel like ive just made the biggest mistake of my life

Hey, I'm a third year English Lit and Lang student who did the same thing in 2012.. sent off applications for English and realised I wanted to be a midwife.

Don't stress too much, first thing I would do is talk to your head of Sixth form or college - whoever is writing your reference and helping you with UCAS. They'll be able to talk you through your options and maybe even call up universities with you.
I'm not sure if there will be any places left in clearing as it's a competitive course, but don't let that put you off exploring all your options!

Just wanted to let you know that I had an amazing time on my course and I'm now applying for midwifery at what I think is the right time for me.

It's never too late, so good luck with everything! X
X

I'm applying to Nottingham but haven't heard back yet, although, I only sent my application off a few days ago! Is Nottingham your first choice? 😊
Thank you - I'm hoping there will be some spaces left in UCAS Extra with good universities too
Hi, I've applied for Cardiff, USW, UWE, Coventry and Swansea. I heard of Bristol within 2 days of applying and have a interview in 2 weeks and I heard of Coventry beginning of the week and have a interview the end of January.
Btw, good ideas for work experience in this field? Most of the hospitals in my area don't do work experience for sixth formers :frown:
Hello,

I've applied for midwifery at:
Plymouth
Bristol UWE
Brighton
Swansea
South Wales

And currently have an interview at Brighton for the 15th December, and Bristol UWE for the 16th :smile:
Reply 271
Hey everyone, sent my UCAS off about a week ago for Midwifery for the following unis:
Nottingham
Kings college London
East Anglia
Coventry
Keele

Has anyone heard back from these unis if you've applied to any of them?
Has anybody heard from uni of Leeds yet? I have 4/5 interviews so far but still waiting on Leeds
Original post by rofi
Hey everyone, sent my UCAS off about a week ago for Midwifery for the following unis:
Nottingham
Kings college London
East Anglia
Coventry
Keele

Has anyone heard back from these unis if you've applied to any of them?

Hey, I've got an interview from East Anglia and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Kings
Reply 274
Original post by Midwifeforlife
Hey, I've got an interview from East Anglia and I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham and Kings

how long did it take for them to respond to you?
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
I'm applying to Nottingham but haven't heard back yet, although, I only sent my application off a few days ago! Is Nottingham your first choice? 😊

Yeah its my first choice, Wolverhampton my second as they're closer to home hun :smile: really need Notts though! Was going to apply to bcu but they want gsces before you even apply and I'm doing my maths along side my access course :frown:
Is it your first choice too?
Yeah its my first choice, Wolverhampton my second as they're closer to home hun :smile: really need Notts though! Was going to apply to bcu but they want gsces before you even apply and I'm doing my maths along side my access course :frown:
Is it your first choice too?

Yeah same with me, Nottingham is my first choice as well! ☺️ Ah I see, that's annoying! Good luck I hope you hear off them soon! ☺️
Reply 277
Original post by bethygirl
So sorry to hear about your rejections. Nope nothing from Northumbria yet! I have interviews at edge hill, hudds and Teesside. Just waiting on Leeds and Northumbria :smile:

Aww it's okay, was completely gutted but obviously not meant to be and now need to focus on the future I guess! I heard from Northumbria last Friday and was offered an interview on Thursday 10th Dec, have you received anything yet? Congratulations on those interviews, be proud of yourself!
Yes I got an interview for northumbria!! I asked for an alternative date though so I'm there on 15th instead. Best of luck xx

Original post by jesss97
Aww it's okay, was completely gutted but obviously not meant to be and now need to focus on the future I guess! I heard from Northumbria last Friday and was offered an interview on Thursday 10th Dec, have you received anything yet? Congratulations on those interviews, be proud of yourself!
Reply 279
Aww congrats! Thank you, you too! Xo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending