The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from trinity for material science yet, did you hear by email or post?
Original post by ard1246
Any The Queen's College applicants staying there from the 9th to the 11th??? Feel like I'm the only one there haha :smile:

Me! Haven't found anyone else from Queen's either! What are you applying for? :smile:
Original post by MouseyBrown
Do you mean when we get there they will already be able to tell us if we are having second interviews at that college, but not about any more after that, or about any we might end up having at other colleges?

It's a bit complicated because it varies by subject. But for subjects where everyone has an interview at another college, they'll be able to tell you about that from the start.

But for almost all subjects (there are some exceptions, e.g. I think Medicine and Engineering, where you know from the start about all your interviews) you just have to keep watching the noticeboards, because extra interviews may be arranged during the time you're there.
Original post by iluv
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory :biggrin:

It's not compulsory to stay overnight. But interviews can be lateish at night and early in the morning (e.g. before 9am does happen sometimes). And they might only decide to arrange that early morning interview late the last night. So you'd probably be fine, but it could be a real pain.

And staying is definitely more fun :smile:
Any Oriel applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by serenial
Did you receive the interview acceptance letter? Or are you waiting on the letter?

Received the invitation, waiting for the confirmation of date.
A bit of a random question, but would anyone say that black converses are too casual for the interviews? Am I better off wearing something more 'professional'?
Original post by parky98
Me! Haven't found anyone else from Queen's either! What are you applying for? :smile:

Law with German Law :smile: Wbu??
Original post by iluv
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory :biggrin:

no i don't think it's compulsory but it definitely has benefits to it, being that you get a feel for the place and what student life could actually be like. I live in London too but i would suggest staying because you don't know when your earliest interview will be, it'll get tiring going back and forth especially if your interviews are over 3 days, and if you stay you can get to know your potential college classmates.
At the open day in the chemistry talk, Dr. Green (director of studies?) mentioned doing a trial of a chemistry admissions test during the interview period, however it would not be used by admissions tutors for our selection. Is there any update on this? Is it going ahead?
Original post by ard1246
Law with German Law :smile: Wbu??

History :smile: What time have they asked you to arrive? I've been asked for 8pm
Original post by parky98
History :smile: What time have they asked you to arrive? I've been asked for 8pm

They asked me to arrive by 10am on the 9th so I'm actually getting there on the 8th around 9pm
Original post by kjlynch
A bit of a random question, but would anyone say that black converses are too casual for the interviews? Am I better off wearing something more 'professional'?

No, they're absolutely fine. As long as they're clean and tidy it's not a problem.

Which subject are you being interviewed for and at which college?
Original post by ard1246
They asked me to arrive by 10am on the 9th so I'm actually getting there on the 8th around 9pm

Cool, I might see you there then :smile:
Anybody chilling out around magdalen I'm very bored at the moment, got all three interviews tomorrow!
Original post by Aquaxo
St Peter's - Wednesday to Friday :-)

Same! All I've been told is to get to St Peter's college by 10am on Wednesday, and that I could possibly be staying on Friday. Don't know when my interviews are yet and who they're with.
Original post by connieiscrazy
No, they're absolutely fine. As long as they're clean and tidy it's not a problem.

Which subject are you being interviewed for and at which college?

I brought new ones today so that shouldn't be a problem, thank you!

History at Corpus Christi :smile:
Original post by nexttime
Why does a mock exam occupy your time? Its a mock, whilst the interview very much isn't - you need to prioritize what's important.

I dunno if you're some kind of genius that's never studied for a mock, but I'm not that kind of person so studying takes up my time. I can't just fail it since I need to pass, otherwise I'll not be eligible to sit the final exam, and if I'm going to pass it then I'd rather pass it with an A so it can be used for an appeal if I'm ill during the actual exams
Original post by Gogogog1617
Has anyone heard from trinity for material science yet, did you hear by email or post?

Hiiiiiii another one in my shoes :biggrin: im emailing them tonight, but we should be hearing back the next one or two days, check their website for updates, their interview shortlist for materials hasnt been finalised yet, dont worry so much (this is what im telling myself). Anyways, hope to see you if we get shortlisted :smile:
Original post by itsmyblackparade
I've got an interview at Jesus! I'm there 9th-11th I'm afraid, but its good to actually know that someone else has applied there cos you're the first I've been able to find?!

Well done! is that for English? And I know, where is everyone :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending