The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JayYY99
I will be interviewed by Skype so I'm in another group entirely :P

Probably has to do with this and my subject being one of the early ones? (Spanish & Linguistics)

Have they gotten back to you with the specifics yet? The Skype interview that is.
Original post by itsConnor_
At the open day in the chemistry talk, Dr. Green (director of studies?) mentioned doing a trial of a chemistry admissions test during the interview period, however it would not be used by admissions tutors for our selection. Is there any update on this? Is it going ahead?

This resembles a lot the Imperial situation, where they introduced the admission task and told us that it is only an experiment and it wouldn't have any impact on our applications, but in fact it is as important as the interview :s-smilie: never trust a university when they say it doesn't count :wink:
Original post by vermelha
But German isn't surely one of the languages offered at ab initio? I've just looked at their website and there's no trace of that

If you scroll down the Modern Foreign languages page, it should be in a table. The course code is R101.
Anyone else got an interview for Law this week? I have mine at Lincoln. Don't think there is very much you can do to prepare for that style of interview?
Original post by ard1246
Any The Queen's College applicants staying there from the 9th to the 11th??? Feel like I'm the only one there haha :smile:

I am, but i'm yet to see another candidate
Original post by charleethompson
Any Oriel applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me! I'm there from the 14th - 16th for Physics? You?
Original post by georgium
This resembles a lot the Imperial situation, where they introduced the admission task and told us that it is only an experiment and it wouldn't have any impact on our applications, but in fact it is as important as the interview :s-smilie: never trust a university when they say it doesn't count :wink:

Ohhh...how do you know it was as important as the interview if they said it was only an experiment? :smile:
So my interview from the 10th - 12th, and I'm not allowed to leave until 10am on the 12th at the earliest. Does anyone know if I could be needed until the next day or the day after e.g. if I get pooled? Trying to organise travel home to Scotland and it's proving a bit of a nightmare! Sorry if a question has been posted in this vein before, I haven't been on for a while. Thanks!
Hi, guys, anyone can help me?
If I applied for biomedical engineering, will they give me a standard general engineering interview or more biomedical side... I did't do biology in AS level, when I had a mock interview with a biology teacher, I couldn't answer anything sounds correct.... I didn't do GCSE either....
Original post by ard1246
Any The Queen's College applicants staying there from the 9th to the 11th??? Feel like I'm the only one there haha :smile:

I'm there from the 10th - 12th! :smile:
Just wondering, does being interviewed at two colleges mean that you're academically a better student, or you have a greater chance of getting in anyway?
Original post by itsConnor_
Ohhh...how do you know it was as important as the interview if they said it was only an experiment? :smile:

The admission tutor for chemistry told this to the parents while the applicants were having the admission task :smile:
Anybody at worcester college between 9-11th this week? Econ management applicant here.
Original post by suziesoiree
Just wondering, does being interviewed at two colleges mean that you're academically a better student, or you have a greater chance of getting in anyway?

I think for most subjects they do two interviews for everyone, so that they can get a better assessment of applicants. I don't know if having more interviews than normal is good or bad - either way I wouldn't look into it too much. Just try your best and treat each interview the same!
Original post by jjjzzz
Hi, guys, anyone can help me?
If I applied for biomedical engineering, will they give me a standard general engineering interview or more biomedical side... I did't do biology in AS level, when I had a mock interview with a biology teacher, I couldn't answer anything sounds correct.... I didn't do GCSE either....

Are you saying you want to apply for Biomedical science with no GCSE or A level Biology?
Reply 9195
Original post by charleethompson
Any Oriel applicants? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep! I'll be there from the 9-11th for law. What subject did you apply for?
Medics! How are you prepping for your interview?! I'm totally lost as to what to do!
Original post by BritishBean
Are you saying you want to apply for Biomedical science with no GCSE or A level Biology?

biomedical engineering... I think the most of applicants applied for general engineering. Actually every branch of engineering science students study the completely same modules in the first two years..
I am just wondering if I specified which branch of engineering that I am applying for, will my interview be same as the general one?
Original post by jjjzzz
biomedical engineering... I think the most of applicants applied for general engineering. Actually every branch of engineering science students study the completely same modules in the first two years..
I am just wondering if I specified which branch of engineering that I am applying for, will my interview be same as the general one?

Oops I misread! Honestly I don't know sorry, I haven't a clue about engineering. I guess as long as you know why you want to do biomedical and what parts of it interest you you should be ok.
Original post by georgium
The admission tutor for chemistry told this to the parents while the applicants were having the admission task :smile:

Seriously? That admissions test is just as important as the interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending