The Student Room Group

Woman demands men jump in to protect women.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-bravo/combating-sexual-assault_b_926255.html

What a joke. Are men the possessions of this woman to demand they step in and defend her?

When two men are fighting, do people jump in to start wailing on the guy who started the fight? No. Most people, especially women, will start running the other way... this is just accepted. If we live in an equal society, why should one gender deserve physical protection more than the other? Men are just as prone to getting hurt from being shot, from being stabbed, from being punched in the face... why does this woman think men should put their necks on the line for some random woman, just because she's a woman?

Scroll to see replies

To be honest Huffpost is filled with feminists who hate men unless they are only for the protection of women, don't take it personally, feminists are crazy!
Original post by harinimnida
To be honest Huffpost is filled with feminists who hate men unless they are only for the protection of women, don't take it personally, feminists are crazy!

Feminists don't hate men? Feminists want the same rights as men
Original post by noor.m
Feminists don't hate men? Feminists want the same rights as men

Women have the same rights as men.

Edit: At least in the UK/USA, I'm not talking worldwide here. There is no reason for feminism in these countries, at this point it's just social change they want.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheGuyReturns
When two men are fighting, do people jump in to start wailing on the guy who started the fight?

I thought most people filmed it while shouting "Worldstar,"
Reply 5

Edit: At least in the UK/USA, I'm not talking worldwide here. There is no reason for feminism in these countries, at this point it's just social change they want.

Just because they have equal rights in terms of the law it doesn't mean they do nit still face discrimination in wider society asshat.

Just stay in the kitchen in future before you open you dumbass mouth. :rolleyes:
Reply 6
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-bravo/combating-sexual-assault_b_926255.html

What a joke. Are men the possessions of this woman to demand they step in and defend her?

When two men are fighting, do people jump in to start wailing on the guy who started the fight? No. Most people, especially women, will start running the other way... this is just accepted. If we live in an equal society, why should one gender deserve physical protection more than the other? Men are just as prone to getting hurt from being shot, from being stabbed, from being punched in the face... why does this woman think men should put their necks on the line for some random woman, just because she's a woman?

She has a point.

men should be protecting women.

Any man that doesn't protect women isn't a man- he is a mouse.

If I see any man or men disrespecting a woman I would beat the **** out of him/them I don't give a **** mate.
Original post by flab10
She has a point.

men should be protecting women.

Any man that doesn't protect women isn't a man- he is a mouse.

If I see any man or men disrespecting a woman I would beat the **** out of him/them I don't give a **** mate.

Jokes aside, this pretty much seems to be the mentality of women like the writer of the article, and a lot of pussy whipped white knighting men.
Original post by flab10
Just because they have equal rights in terms of the law it doesn't mean they do nit still face discrimination in wider society asshat.

Just stay in the kitchen in future before you open you dumbass mouth. :rolleyes:

Discrimination in wider society? Are you kidding me? Also why would you argue that women face discrimination to then say stay in the kitchen. Congratulations you're further ruining the legitimacy of the feminist 'movement'.

Men are discriminated in a court of law, whereas women are favoured, chivalry thesis isn't hard to understand.

Men make up 80% of suicide victims, 93% of workplace fatalities, 76% homicide deaths and 61% homelessness.

Now tell me how oppressed women are. Please I'm begging. Was being catcalled that horrific?
Reply 9
Jokes aside, this pretty much seems to be the mentality of women like the writer of the article, and a lot of pussy whipped white knighting men.

I wasn't joking mate.

I have beat the **** out of en who disrespected women before and I will do it again.

No they don't.
Women are still being discriminated against in the UK/USA so there is a reason for feminism.
Reply 11
Discrimination in wider society? Are you kidding me? Also why would you argue that women face discrimination to then say stay in the kitchen. Congratulations you're further ruining the legitimacy of the feminist 'movement'.

Men are discriminated in a court of law, whereas women are favoured, chivalry thesis isn't hard to understand.

Men make up 80% of suicide victims, 93% of workplace fatalities, 76% homicide deaths and 61% homelessness.

Now tell me how oppressed women are. Please I'm begging. Was being catcalled that horrific?

Are you kidding me? Women face huge amounts of discrimination in wider society.

Men are discriminated in a court of law? Can you give me an example please ****wit?

Think you find suicide, workplace fatalities, blah bahh (whatever yo crying about) is mostly mens fault.

You should just stay i the kitchen love make sure you don't burn the potatoes. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by Mayhem™
This girl has just rekt you bruv.

Sorry I don't speak retard chav language.

Haven't you got a park to rekt or some carling to drink with you chavy friends?
Reply 13

I guess this sums up her thoughts
flab10 confirmed white knight l o l
I personally think anyone who has the ability to help someone who is vulnerable should step in if they have the means to do so, regardless of gender.

I have stepped in in the past when I have seen something going on that I thought was harmful or unsavoury for the other person going through it, and I can only hope if I was in that position where I didn't feel I could defend myself that if someone saw that they would step in and help me if they could.

But I understand it's not always that simple, and people react differently to threatening situations. And in some instances a man can be just as frightened as a woman, so I think it is unfair to base how someone should react purely on gender.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flab10
Sorry I don't speak retard chav language.

Haven't you got a park to rekt or some carling to drink with you chavy friends?

In case you didn't know, the use of slang was to place emphasis on your failure to make a strong argument. Seems to me that you're more likely to be the 'chav' here:wink:
Original post by Andy98

I guess this sums up her thoughts

Eloquent
Original post by flab10

But there has not been much convincing proof of any gender discrimination.

Come on, I dare you to reveal it to TSR.

What about women from cultural minorities who suffer from the highest rates of domestic and sexual abuse in the country? Just because we're fortunate enough to not face discrimination in day to day life (yet) doesn't make the plight of others less noteworthy.

Quick Reply

Latest