The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
She's stopped ageing, no? That's what she said in the ep anyway

Okay well she could still be killed, unless she's now immortal?
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Okay. It makes a bit more sense now, but it's still ridiculous! Even if she had forgotten the Doctor, she could have been killed elsewhere or she'll die of old age anyway.:s-smilie:

She can't die of old age, she's a fixed moment in time and essentially will get no older.

Yeah it's odd and if she dies elsewhere then the universe is screwed.
Original post by Rakas21
She can't die of old age, she's a fixed moment in time and essentially will get no older.

Yeah it's odd and if she dies elsewhere then the universe is screwed.

And so all of this was because the Doctor couldn't bear to let her die? He only went to Gallifrey because he wanted her back?

Also I hated it when that important Gallifreyan regenerated:angry:
And so all of this was because the Doctor couldn't bear to let her die? He only went to Gallifrey because he wanted her back?

Also I hated it when that important Gallifreyan regenerated:angry:

Yes. That point was hit home by Ashildr.

I think it was meant to point out how little Timelords value mortality, everything is beneath them as superior beings.
Original post by Rakas21
Yes. That point was hit home by Ashildr.

I think it was meant to point out how little Timelords value mortality, everything is beneath them as superior beings.

I see.
Well, I am so bloody disappointed. I didn't want the Doctor's return to Gallifrey to be overshadowed by Clara like that.:angry: :angry:
I don't even know why, but Maisie Williams makes me angry, everything about her character is unsympathetic, unlikeable, irritating, smug and just generally fkn annoying. If her character is meant to be all those things then fair play, that's stellar writing/acting, done her job to a tee. If not then Steven, you done ****ed it up son.
So why did he need to wipe Clara's memory so that she could live safely?

Because this way the Time Lords couldn't interrogate her to find out any information about The Doctor.
Original post by tomtjl
Because this way the Time Lords couldn't interrogate her to find out any information about The Doctor.

Okay but how could they have interrogated her when they're stuck in a pocket universe?
I only watched the first episode but from the trailers i've seen and a little bit of one of the episodes where the doctor is travelling alone I think. The Quality of the show is really declining, (just my opinion).
Okay but how could they have interrogated her when they're stuck in a pocket universe?

They're not. Gallifrey is back in the universe, just located far out of the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're not, they're hiding at the end of time. However, since they have plenty of Tardises then they can go and find her anytime.
Reply 5031
I personally think series 9 has been perfect apart from 1 two parter the girl who died/the woman who lived (that two parter just didn't make sense to me)
and peter capaldi could become my favourite doctor
Currently it's
Christopher Eccleston tied Peter Capaldi
Matt Smith
Peter Davison
Paul Mcgann
David Tennant
Original post by L116
I personally think series 9 has been perfect apart from 1 two parter the girl who died/the woman who lived (that two parter just didn't make sense to me)
and peter capaldi could become my favourite doctor
Currently it's
Christopher Eccleston tied Peter Capaldi
Matt Smith
Peter Davison
Paul Mcgann
David Tennant

you mean favorite new who doctor i'm guessing?
Original post by chelseafreak
you mean favorite new who doctor i'm guessing?

They've listed Davidson and McGann so obviously not. At a guess it's the ones they've seen episodes of

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
I think the problem here was that it was 2 episodes merged. The first half was great and should have developed but instead they found 'Me' and made the Doctor forget.

That said i actually like the ending (although i preferred the stay dead option). Clara is now biologically frozen in time until a point at which she dies and giving 'Me' a tardis raises many possibilities.

Hoping River becomes a good character and not a 5 minute save before crapmas.

Agreed!

Are we supposed to know what/who the hybrid is after that? I didn't understand ANY OF IT.

And I can't believe the Doctor went to Gallifrey and we didn't hear ONE SINGLE moment of the 'This is Gallifrey' theme... This show makes me want to weep and weep ...

I think it was the Doctor+Clara. It was a tricky one I'll admit but I think I got it. Really wanna know what she told him though.

Yeah, although I wasn't a massive fan of that theme so I'm not too bothered by that

Posted from TSR Mobile
The ending was good, didn't expect it to be that at all.
I see.
Well, I am so bloody disappointed. I didn't want the Doctor's return to Gallifrey to be overshadowed by Clara like that.:angry: :angry:

I could it coming as soon as they first mentioned the hybrid :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somemightsay888
I don't even know why, but Maisie Williams makes me angry, everything about her character is unsympathetic, unlikeable, irritating, smug and just generally fkn annoying. If her character is meant to be all those things then fair play, that's stellar writing/acting, done her job to a tee. If not then Steven, you done ****ed it up son.

I couldn't agree more! I think her acting is shoddy (at best) which has made her a completely disingenuous character. A better actress might have been able to pull that character together (even with the half-arsed writing).

It's a shame, because I think the the idea behind her is really interesting it just didn't quite come together.
I do wonder if they will kill River Song off in the Xmas special for a completely blank slate for series 10
Original post by Ace123
I do wonder if they will kill River Song off in the Xmas special for a completely blank slate for series 10

They won't, at least I think they won't

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest