The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth uni help - Computer visualisation and animation.

I am applying to the course for computer visualisation and animation and I was hoping to get some feedback of the course and what did you do for your portfolio?

Scroll to see replies

Hi there Ellie :smile:

I'm a first year on the CVA course here at Bournemouth :smile:

Check this thread out (just means I don't have to repeat myself and we can have one place for all the info)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3065091

All the best,

Brian :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
hey I am thinking to apply this year too for CVA :biggrin:
Original post by elliebelfield123
I am applying to the course for computer visualisation and animation and I was hoping to get some feedback of the course and what did you do for your portfolio?

Hi, thank you, it's helped a lot! I read in the prospectus that you have to do entry exams in Maths, Logic and Life drawing, but doesnt say it online. Did you have to do these?
Original post by Ximena Roldan
hey I am thinking to apply this year too for CVA :biggrin:

Omg, that's cool!!! hhh maybe we'll see each other hahaha
Hi, thank you, it's helped a lot! I read in the prospectus that you have to do entry exams in Maths, Logic and Life drawing, but doesnt say it online. Did you have to do these?

Hi there Ellie :smile:

Indeed you do - we all did.

If I remember correctly, 50+% is a pass for both the logic and the maths test and the life drawing was a series of poses in pencil (up until then, I had exclusively used charcoal so you can imagine my panic - especially after seeing everyone else's life drawings).

Like I said in the other thread, the Maths was mainly towards Trigonometry and Algebra but I'm afraid I can't point you towards any resources for the Logic test :P

Good luck!

All the best,

Reply 6
I am just sending off my application!! I am applying for both the CVA course and the CAA course. I am studying Maths Mechanics, and did Physics at AS but I also am doing Art, and I'd first and foremost describe myself as an artist. Therefore, I didn't know which course to go for, so I settled with both! Good luck if you get an interview, might see you there!
Omg, that's cool!!! hhh maybe we'll see each other hahaha

maybe hahaha I am so exited!! :biggrin: I am sending my application next week!
Original post by SianVee
I am just sending off my application!! I am applying for both the CVA course and the CAA course. I am studying Maths Mechanics, and did Physics at AS but I also am doing Art, and I'd first and foremost describe myself as an artist. Therefore, I didn't know which course to go for, so I settled with both! Good luck if you get an interview, might see you there!

thats awsome! I am applying for CVA too! :biggrin:
I am doing :
A2 maths
A2 art
BTEC music
A2 spanish, and i did AS physics last year :smile:
Original post by Ximena Roldan
maybe hahaha I am so exited!! :biggrin: I am sending my application next week!

Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

All the best,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brian.insua
Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

All the best,

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!! :tongue:
Reply 11
I have an interview for CVA and CAA on 16th!!!! EEK
Congratulations! Very well done - and Good Luck to you! :biggrin:

All the best,

Reply 13
Congratulations! Very well done - and Good Luck to you! :biggrin:

All the best,

Hi Brian, my interview for CVA and CAA will be on 9th of December. I've read your guide and it's really helpful! Well, as you mentioned the quick poses in life drawing, I would like to know about how long is the time bwtween two poses? I have practiced a lot on this, but the quickest I can do is roughly about 4min per pose:tongue: so I'm so worrying about this...
Original post by Xiaoo
Hi Brian, my interview for CVA and CAA will be on 9th of December. I've read your guide and it's really helpful! Well, as you mentioned the quick poses in life drawing, I would like to know about how long is the time bwtween two poses? I have practiced a lot on this, but the quickest I can do is roughly about 4min per pose:tongue: so I'm so worrying about this...

Hi Xiaoo,

Congratulations on getting an interview! 😀 What time is your interview? 😊 Most of the CVA guys, including myself, have a workshop that morning so I can arrange something so you can come and talk to us if you'd like 😊

I'm glad to hear that you found my posts helpful 😊

If I remember correctly, they were shorter than that but I'm not 100% sure - my memory is currently failing me 😛

Don't be worried 😊 Just do your best and focus on the form and the line of action through the pose 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Hey Brian!

I just thought of a question regarding the course. I know it would likely vary from year to year, but what kind of gender ratio is there on the CVA course in your year (and if you know, what is it like on the CAA course)? Just wondering as when I went to an open day the students at the talk were predominantly male.

Thanks!
Sian
Reply 16
Good luck Xiaoo!! Mine is exactly a week after yours. I hope the day goes well for you!
Original post by Xiaoo
Original post by SianVee
Hey Brian!

I just thought of a question regarding the course. I know it would likely vary from year to year, but what kind of gender ratio is there on the CVA course in your year (and if you know, what is it like on the CAA course)? Just wondering as when I went to an open day the students at the talk were predominantly male.

Thanks!
Sian

Hi SianVee,

Good question 😊 I would say there is an almost 50/50 split of guys and girls in CVA (out of 65-70ish students) and for CAA, I would imagine that it's almost the same as well - although it feels like there are more girls in CAA than guys (it's not by much but I could be wrong) (that's out of about 55 students, by the way) 😛

Hope that helps 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hi SianVee,

Good question 😊 I would say there is an almost 50/50 split of guys and girls in CVA (out of 65-70ish students) and for CAA, I would imagine that it's almost the same as well - although it feels like there are more girls in CAA than guys (it's not by much but I could be wrong) (that's out of about 55 students, by the way) 😛

Hope that helps 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Brian,

That's really helpful to know, thanks!!

Sian :smile:
Original post by SianVee
Hi Brian,

That's really helpful to know, thanks!!

Sian :smile: