The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

My Jets Color Rush jersey arrived today :woo:
****, just found out we play the Jets next.

We'd better beat the Jets. I will give up on us this season if we lose to the ****ing Jets.
Reply 1802
Lol, someone needs to get fired from this Jags defence and defensive staff. Nobody can tackle. They have better personnel than they had last year and are playing significantly worse. I know we need Fowler Jr back but he can't fix this dumpster fire single handed. While we're at it can we ditch Myers the kicker and give Wisnewski some lessons on not ****ing up the snap of the football?
(edited 8 years ago)
*******s. #BattleOfNewYork
Double *******s. That is devastating.
#CoughlinOut
Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner
****, just found out we play the Jets next.

We'd better beat the Jets. I will give up on us this season if we lose to the ****ing Jets.

:smile:
Reply 1807
Surely not Tom Brady? He can't can he?
Brady will forever get me pumped. Was a one man show in those last 7-8 minutes.
haha.. Tom Brady platying a bit of WR was actually awesome. No-one expected him to get the balls.

Eagles won that with their special teams, and turnovers. A blocked punt, for a touchdown, punt return, for touchdown, interception return for a touchdown, interception for a touchback.

Can't over come all of that.
Original post by jammy4041
haha.. Tom Brady platying a bit of WR was actually awesome. No-one expected him to get the balls.

Eagles won that with their special teams, and turnovers. A blocked punt, for a touchdown, punt return, for touchdown, interception return for a touchdown, interception for a touchback.

Can't over come all of that.

Especially not when your receivers can't catch and give up on routes. Brandon LaFell is literally making me go grey through stress/anger.
Reply 1811
Original post by pol pot noodles
Especially not when your receivers can't catch and give up on routes. Brandon LaFell is literally making me go grey through stress/anger.

Yeah he was not good and you can't feed Amendola everything! No-name receivers and deep playoff runs are a recent trend though so maybe they get it together
How many points will the cards win by tonight as a Vikings fan I think at least 21?
Patriots to win the superbowl again
Picking up SO from work at 1am. Any decent college football on tonight?

I know nothing of collegeball, some choices that will be televised in USA will be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching army v navy. Is alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Watching army v navy. Is alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was an awesome game tbh. Very lucky choice.

Great navy win. Continuing their streak to 14 years now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watched the 4th quarter. I don't want to be one of those armchair coaches but I did find myself thinking that maybe if Navy installed a forward pass they would have more success converting their 3rd and 5+s. Crazy I know, but the best innovators sometimes are.

On the whole it looked pretty much like a UK game except
1. At least Navy knows they can't throw
2. All the players have been to the gym.

I don't watch a ton of NCAA.
The service academies don't have the lines to be able to implement a throwing scheme -- their biggest linemen are no more than 280lbs on either side of the ball. They trade boulders for speed, and they use a flexbone formation, as part of a triple-option attack, which makes their running game one of the most potent in all of college football.#

Navy were one of the best teams in the country this season. Shame they lost to Houston, because they could have got a top-notch bowl. They still have their bowl game to go, so hopefully Keenan Reynolds can get more touchdown passes.

He absolutely will have an NFL career. He has vision, guile and cutting ability, and since he's from the United States Naval Academy, he will a player of top character. I'd love him to go to my Broncos with their third or fourth round pick, because he is a very special talent.

Credit to Army though. This is the best rivalry in college football, and it's nice to see the games more even. Anchor's Aweigh!!!
Reply 1819
That first paragraph is so much in coach speak that I cannot make a head or tail of it!

Quick Reply

Latest