The Student Room Group

I think I have a stalker (note: if you don't like long stuff don't read this )

DONT COMMENT NEGATIVE STUFF OR JOKES!! THIS IS SERIOUS! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY IVE STRUCTURED THIS, DONT READ IT!!

One day i decided to stay after college so on my way home i was waiting at a bus stop for my second bus (note: i dont usually go this bus stop, i go to the one before and i take 3 buses home) so l walked under the bus shelter to see if there was bus times available, but this bus stop didn't have them. So, I was standing there and then a man (who looks around in his late thirties) starts staring at me. I walk away from the bus shelter and stand further away: this man watches me walk away and continues to stare at me after I've walked away. I ignore him. As I stand and wait for my bus, I see a bus occur, there was traffic so I walked down a little bit to see if it was my bus. The man gets up thinking I was going on that bus, walks infront of me, staring in my face but when he realised that I wasn't, he went back to the bus shelter and continued to stare. Eventually, my bus came. So I started to get ready by getting my oyster card out etc. The man realises that I'm getting on this bus, so then when the bus comes he gets up. I noticed his strange behaviour, so when the bus came to the bus stop, I waited for him to get on first but I didn't get on that bus. Instead, I waited for another one.I didn't see this man for another few weeks until one day I was on that same numbered bus which I was supposed to get onto. I was sitting on the upper deck near to the front. It was raining, so I there was still rain on my glasses, so I removed them from my face.I got on the bus at the stop before the stop at which the last incident happened on that day when the bus stopped at the stop where the last incident happened, many people came onto the bus. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see properly. (NOTE: the upper deck had several seats at this time) so I'm sitting down and a man with a hood up sits next to me. I put my glasses back on after wiping them and its the same man!!! I sit there for a minute thinking Wth. So this man then pulls out an apple Mac out of a plastic carrier bag (which I think was stolen by the way because he could barely use it and it when he opened up the files it was empty) and then he opens up the front camera, slants the Mac towards me and starts taking pictures. So I got up to get off of the bus, and this man didn't want to let me go by so I had to push past him. I got off of that bus and waited for another. That was the last time I saw him until recently. This time,I got on the second bus home and went to the upper deck. I had a peaceful journey, then, when I had to get off of at my stop, when I was walking down the stairs, I see some man quickly get up and run towards the stairs; I didn't see their face) so, as there was people behind me on the stairs, I came off of the stairs moved towards the right so people could go down as well. Although I made space for the person behind to come downstairs, they didn't move… so the bus stopped at traffic lights so i was just waiting. I could feel someone staring at me so I looked to my left and guess who it is. THE SAME MAN!! so I was thinking to myself ffs. So when the bus finally arrived at the bus stop, people began to get off. (NOTE: THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND THE MAN ON THE STAIRS) So, once people who were on the lower deck got off, I was about to. As this man was in front of me and people was behind him,I gave him way so he could get off first. He decides not to move, instead, he waits for me to get off first. So I'm walking off the bus and this man the right up behind me. He was so close that he was even treading on the back of my shoes. I quickly run across the road and walk into a shop,I didn't see him again that day. BUT, I saw him AGAIN the next day!! This time, it was around 5pm and I stayed behind at college, so I'm waiting for this second bus home and 3 buses come. So I try to be smart, thinking that he's most likely to be on the first or second bus. So, I got into the last one. I didn't see this man so I was glad. I get off my second bus and go to the bus stop of my third bus. I've been waiting for the bus and its due. So when my bus is at a traffic light around the corner i see a man approaching the bus stop. (NOTE: this man is bending his neck to look at me, so I'm thinking “who is this, does he know me when he gets closer,I realise… IT'S THE SAME MAN!! So when he walked past me, he staring in my face just like the first and third time! So I didn't get on this bus, I just walked instead! ( I think he didn't go when I went into the shop (the day before) and I think that's how he knew what bus stop I go to) I don't know what I should do. I've spoken to friends and family. One friend has told me to ignore him, the other told me that if he touches me or anything go give him a dirty look or fight him and some family members have told me to ignore and others told me to contact the police. But I don't think that would be enough evidence to say that this man is stalking me tho. I want to get a restraining order tho. This man is basically following me, but yeah, idk what to do...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Too long. Did not read.
Get it published
You should have made it paragraphs because it makes it easier on the eyes. And I don't lose where I'm reading. This is long.
I would say you should perhaps go to the police, at least to make a statement so if it continues you have legal documentation of when it started and what happened, I would be very careful of going out on your own, try and walk with other people and stay away from lonely areas. Even if you don't want to go to the police right now, definitely write down and date what has been happening so you have an ongoing log, I've never been stalked so I don't know how helpful this is but imo it's better to be too cautious than not enough , good luck and hope this helps!
Reply 5
Note: If you like paragraphs don't read this.
That's weird as hell. Be rude as ****. When he's close enough say "Ohhhhhhhhh, it's you again. :colonhash:" And roll your eyes. Does he say anything back to you? Try and interact with him. Side note; do you look quite young. Because maybe he has a real weird thing for the young ones idk but get him off your back. Be rude and don't acknowledge you know him but be rude. Like if he's in front of you and he's only waiting for you to get off say... "Well are you going to get off?!" In a rude voice. Be cruel. Doesn't matter. Would you fight him if he did anything? Show him you're pissed off, make him think you'll fight if you have to. Maybe he thinks your easy pray. Show him you're not.
Original post by Blondie987
I would say you should perhaps go to the police, at least to make a statement so if it continues you have legal documentation of when it started and what happened, I would be very careful of going out on your own, try and walk with other people and stay away from lonely areas. Even if you don't want to go to the police right now, definitely write down and date what has been happening so you have an ongoing log, I've never been stalked so I don't know how helpful this is but imo it's better to be too cautious than not enough , good luck and hope this helps!

Thank you! I will do!
Original post by ChildInDisguise
That's weird as hell. Be rude as ****. When he's close enough say "Ohhhhhhhhh, it's you again. :colonhash:" And roll your eyes. Does he say anything back to you? Try and interact with him. Side note; do you look quite young. Because maybe he has a real weird thing for the young ones idk but get him off your back. Be rude and don't acknowledge you know him but be rude. Like if he's in front of you and he's only waiting for you to get off say... "Well are you going to get off?!" In a rude voice. Be cruel. Doesn't matter. Would you fight him if he did anything? Show him you're pissed off, make him think you'll fight if you have to. Maybe he thinks your easy pray. Show him you're not.

Hes never spoken to me but if he does ill be rude deffoo. Thanks
You should have made it paragraphs because it makes it easier on the eyes. And I don't lose where I'm reading. This is long.

I made it very clear in the title that it is long. You clearly cant read, so thats your problem.
Original post by Eggs20
Too long. Did not read.

I made it ****ing clear in the title that it was ****ing long so stfu stupid ****
Original post by Xo_ltm
Hes never spoken to me but if he does ill be rude deffoo. Thanks

Okay try and interact with him. Listen to how he talks. Maybe annoy the hell out of him and take pictures of him every time you see him. If he says something in response say I'm only using my phone. I have rights. Record it every time you see him. That way you also have photo evidence in case. Do you have an apple phone? If not put his face on your computer and name the jpg stalker. Hopefully you'll scare him off.
Original post by Xo_ltm
I made it very clear in the title that it is long. You clearly cant read, so thats your problem.

Woah mate I was helping out?! I was just trying to say paragraphing makes it easier to read and therefore be more likely read. :colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Okay try and interact with him. Listen to how he talks. Maybe annoy the hell out of him and take pictures of him every time you see him. If he says something in response say I'm only using my phone. I have rights. Record it every time you see him. That way you also have photo evidence in case. Do you have an apple phone? If not put his face on your computer and name the jpg stalker. Hopefully you'll scare him off.

I guess that could workbut it may attract the sick bastard. Thank you tho
Reply 14
Original post by Xo_ltm
DONT COMMENT NEGATIVE STUFF OR JOKES!! THIS IS SERIOUS! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY IVE STRUCTURED THIS, DONT READ IT!!

One day i decided to stay after college so on my way home i was waiting at a bus stop for my second bus (note: i dont usually go this bus stop, i go to the one before and i take 3 buses home) so l walked under the bus shelter to see if there was bus times available, but this bus stop didn't have them. So, I was standing there and then a man (who looks around in his late thirties) starts staring at me. I walk away from the bus shelter and stand further away: this man watches me walk away and continues to stare at me after I've walked away. I ignore him. As I stand and wait for my bus, I see a bus occur, there was traffic so I walked down a little bit to see if it was my bus. The man gets up thinking I was going on that bus, walks infront of me, staring in my face but when he realised that I wasn't, he went back to the bus shelter and continued to stare. Eventually, my bus came. So I started to get ready by getting my oyster card out etc. The man realises that I'm getting on this bus, so then when the bus comes he gets up. I noticed his strange behaviour, so when the bus came to the bus stop, I waited for him to get on first but I didn't get on that bus. Instead, I waited for another one.I didn't see this man for another few weeks until one day I was on that same numbered bus which I was supposed to get onto. I was sitting on the upper deck near to the front. It was raining, so I there was still rain on my glasses, so I removed them from my face.I got on the bus at the stop before the stop at which the last incident happened on that day when the bus stopped at the stop where the last incident happened, many people came onto the bus. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't see properly. (NOTE: the upper deck had several seats at this time) so I'm sitting down and a man with a hood up sits next to me. I put my glasses back on after wiping them and its the same man!!! I sit there for a minute thinking Wth. So this man then pulls out an apple Mac out of a plastic carrier bag (which I think was stolen by the way because he could barely use it and it when he opened up the files it was empty) and then he opens up the front camera, slants the Mac towards me and starts taking pictures. So I got up to get off of the bus, and this man didn't want to let me go by so I had to push past him. I got off of that bus and waited for another. That was the last time I saw him until recently. This time,I got on the second bus home and went to the upper deck. I had a peaceful journey, then, when I had to get off of at my stop, when I was walking down the stairs, I see some man quickly get up and run towards the stairs; I didn't see their face) so, as there was people behind me on the stairs, I came off of the stairs moved towards the right so people could go down as well. Although I made space for the person behind to come downstairs, they didn't move… so the bus stopped at traffic lights so i was just waiting. I could feel someone staring at me so I looked to my left and guess who it is. THE SAME MAN!! so I was thinking to myself ffs. So when the bus finally arrived at the bus stop, people began to get off. (NOTE: THERE ARE PEOPLE BEHIND THE MAN ON THE STAIRS) So, once people who were on the lower deck got off, I was about to. As this man was in front of me and people was behind him,I gave him way so he could get off first. He decides not to move, instead, he waits for me to get off first. So I'm walking off the bus and this man the right up behind me. He was so close that he was even treading on the back of my shoes. I quickly run across the road and walk into a shop,I didn't see him again that day. BUT, I saw him AGAIN the next day!! This time, it was around 5pm and I stayed behind at college, so I'm waiting for this second bus home and 3 buses come. So I try to be smart, thinking that he's most likely to be on the first or second bus. So, I got into the last one. I didn't see this man so I was glad. I get off my second bus and go to the bus stop of my third bus. I've been waiting for the bus and its due. So when my bus is at a traffic light around the corner i see a man approaching the bus stop. (NOTE: this man is bending his neck to look at me, so I'm thinking “who is this, does he know me when he gets closer,I realise… IT'S THE SAME MAN!! So when he walked past me, he staring in my face just like the first and third time! So I didn't get on this bus, I just walked instead! ( I think he didn't go when I went into the shop (the day before) and I think that's how he knew what bus stop I go to) I don't know what I should do. I've spoken to friends and family. One friend has told me to ignore him, the other told me that if he touches me or anything go give him a dirty look or fight him and some family members have told me to ignore and others told me to contact the police. But I don't think that would be enough evidence to say that this man is stalking me tho. I want to get a restraining order tho. This man is basically following me, but yeah, idk what to do...

Original post by Xo_ltm
I guess that could workbut it may attract the sick bastard. Thank you tho

I think it'll be good just in case something does actually happen to you D: just in case, the police will look on your computer and know straight away their prime suspect. If he asks what you're doing when you do it, look angrily at him and say "nothing".

A little bit freaky that the song "saving my life" has just come on. Be safe!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Xo_ltm

First point, paragraphs aren't a bad thing. Use them. Restraing order might be a bit hasty. He just sounds like a creepy guy. I mean you get them. At least I've heard about them from my female freinds. Just be careful, dude. i mean it's London, so it happens.
Reply 17
Learn to paragraph man, that reads like one of the prison notes scribbled in ridiculously small font on the back of a postage stamp.
I think it'll be good just in case something does actually happen to you D: just in case, the police will look on your computer and know straight away their prime suspect. If he asks what you're doing when you do it, look angrily at him and say "nothing".

A little bit freaky that the song "saving my life" has just come on. Be safe!

You're giving such horrid advice that could put this young girl in potential danger. The last thing you want to do is initiate conversation (no matter how rude) with someone like that, as this is giving them the privillege to respond and talk to you. You're basically giving them a free pass/invite in. That means that if Mr Stalker sees her again, not only will he stare, but he will also try to talk to her because he will think it's okay, since she spoke to him first.

OP, darling, if you're reading this: go to the police. For the fact that he had the confidence to take pictures of you in front of you, who knows what he's doing/capturing when you aren't looking?! Most people get stalked for years without even knowing that they're being stalked, so I'd have to assume that this case has probably been going on for longer than you think - longer than just recently! Yes, that means that him meeting you at the bus stop for the "first time" and giving you those creepy looks was most certainly a pre-planned thought he had, mapped out in his head. From what I can garner, he's been stalking you for quite a long time now.
For him to be visibly following you around/making his presence known to you must mean that he's got to some sort of serious stalker-stage.

Do the following:

Go and call the police now and in the meantime search for a different means of transportation to/from school. Whether that be a family member or a school friend giving you a ride in their car, finding a new bus route (even if it's tedious, long or a tiny bit more expensive- put your safety first), or even finding a completely new walking route, etc. You are free to use your own ideas, those are just a few I came up with.

Try your absolute best to always go out with someone, whether that be a male friend, a fellow female friend, a relative, a dog. Even a little sibling would do the trick as, if you were in any position of danger, they'd be able to run away and call for help (although, I wouldn't use this one at night time).

Close your windows, close your blinds. I've heard many stalker stories in which the girl never knew she was being stalked and accidentally left her window open, or her blinds/curtains open/drawn, allowing the stalker to take clearer pictures of her or potentially climb in.

And last of all,

Do not worry. Everything is going to be just fine. Stay safe and try not to devote too much of your time to thinking about him, or your current situation as it can sap away at your happiness, drain you of what littlle energy you have and put you in an ever-constant state of fear. And, you don't want that. Especially for the fact that you're in school/college. Don't dwell on your dilemma as it may distract you from schoolwork and stop you from concentrating. You don't want to let some weirdo rule your life and get the best of you.

The reason why you may think I'm being "over dramatic" (which, I'm not), is because there are plenty crazies in this world. You may think he just has a couple screws loose, but he could have many. You may think he's just "stalking" you, but he could have an elaborate malicious plan or alternate agenda that you know nothing of. Just look at the news, so many crazy, scary people in this world. Protect yourself, love, Stay safe!!xxx

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Firstly, please do paragraph. You can't tell a superior at work "if you can't read it/don't like it that's your problem", so why do you not extend the same curtesy to those trying to help out?

Secondly, do take any and every action you can against this person. He is infringing upon personal space, and perhaps even privacy. People need to realise that 1) there are consequences for being a stalker/creeper, because you infringe upon others, and 2) it is definitely not okay for someone to do that and you should not have to put up with it because "it happens".

Thirdly, despite me saying take any and every action, do go to the police first. A restraining order is your least disruptive bet because if you do raise a hand, things could escalate. Get proof by constantly recording with your phone camera and catching him on it. If he continues the harassment, or if the restraining order falls through, then feel free to take things into your own hands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending