The Student Room Group

Who else is ****ting themselves for A2?!

Scroll to see replies

Did a biology mock and it really makes me feel like im not capable of >90% in A2 :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ManUtdTAW
Has anyone else lost motivation to do work at A2, compared to when they were at AS?

I've never had any motivation, and I don't think it'll show up now
Original post by z33
good luck to you too i'm sure you'll smash that nterview :3

Thanks :smile: cant help but worry that a topic that I know nothing about will come up :frown: obviously going into the unknown is expected though but hopefully within a nice topic lol.
Reply 343
Original post by LordGaben
Thanks :smile: cant help but worry that a topic that I know nothing about will come up :frown: obviously going into the unknown is expected though but hopefully within a nice topic lol.

aha i hope it's a nice topic too! i'm sure it will be :biggrin:
even if it's not, own it and be confident
you'll be fine :wink:
Anyone dead yet?

I am speaking from the dead. :eek3:
Original post by frances98
I do maths chemistry and history. You?

Math, Chem and Bio.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Anyone dead yet?

Almost dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone dead yet?

i may be after this weekend, i haven't started my history coursework and my teacher wants to stuff of it on monday :tongue:
I may have been panicking a little too much over Psychology the other day... apparently I was trying to learn the studies in way too much detail... no wonder my brain was exploding!
Anyone dead yet?

About to die.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pandorax
Ahah! XDD I've only started revising for one of my subjects, but that's only due to daily tests. I usually start revising during Christmas time in preparation for the mocks, and then I recap and learn more the month before the exams. :P

They've moved our mocks to the week after next so I'm now completely fvcked without the Christmas holidays to use for cramming 😥
Original post by Gabby-A
They've moved our mocks to the week after next so I'm now completely fvcked without the Christmas holidays to use for cramming 😥

Aaaaah no! That sucks! Mine are from january 7-18th D: Just cram during any free periods or weekends and after school, good luck!
Original post by aspiring_
Predicted 4A* and have been getting low Us in all my recent assessments :s-smilie: :frown: (with the exception of a D)

try not to get too stressed,
most of my geography class last year were getting U's right the way through but with a lot of cramming during Easter School most of us managed do really well (I think only 1 person failed but they hated geography anyway)
Reply 353
As someone who's been through A2s (I'm now at uni) my advice would principally be to work hard throughout the year and it means you don't have to go crazy towards the end.

Big thing would be to treat your Mocks seriously and work for them. For example my history and politics mocks gave me the chance to lock up a large portion of the syllabus and an entire unit respectively (my politics mock was effectively my unit 3 exam) and that went a long way to making it easier down the stretch.

If anyone would like to ask me anything or wants advice or just anything like feel free to message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by N1x0N
As someone who's been through A2s (I'm now at uni) my advice would principally be to work hard throughout the year and it means you don't have to go crazy towards the end.

Big thing would be to treat your Mocks seriously and work for them. For example my history and politics mocks gave me the chance to lock up a large portion of the syllabus and an entire unit respectively (my politics mock was effectively my unit 3 exam) and that went a long way to making it easier down the stretch.

If anyone would like to ask me anything or wants advice or just anything like feel free to message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what topic did you do for politics?
I need some advice

I got a mid B grade on my Sociology Education paper...think I got 86 UMS out of 120

Debating whether I should retake the paper in the summer...I know people say you should concentrate on A2 because it is worth more....but if i do much better on the retake it means I will need less marks to get an A overall....?
Reply 356
Original post by xxvine
what topic did you do for politics?

I did Edexcel US Politics for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 357
I would say it depends on how you feel you're coping with the workload this year. Helped me not having any resits this year but if you feel like it would help and it wouldn't undermine your exams this year then go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by N1x0N
I did Edexcel US Politics for A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did you find it? was it easier than ideologies?
Reply 359
I did British Government and Politics in Year 12 so I wouldn't know I'm afraid. Provided you keep up with it and read a lot (I mean I just got hooked on it for some reason) it's not bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest