The Student Room Group

BTEC business level 3 unit 1 help!!!

I need to clarify something - in particular M2 of unit 1 (the business environment). It says that I need to 'compare the challenges to Coca-Cola's business activities presented by the contrasting economic environments.' Does this mean that I need to compare the impacts of the two economic environments and come to a judgment of how good they would be able to survive in those envts. (the two I've chosen are recession and recovery)

tbh my teachers not that much help so ive turned to you guys :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
if you dismantle the question, it is asking for you to:

do an analysis of the different economic environments, if you have been asked to only look at 2 areas such as recession and and recovery then you need to think about what impact recession and recovery has on a companies operations and activities.

You will need to link these ideas to Coca-Cola. So you would start by identifying their current activities and then talk about how a recession would change these activities or have some negative impact on them. Then do the same for recovery.

at the end you need to compare the differences.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more help!
Reply 2
Original post by Bazymac

do an analysis of the different economic environments, if you have been asked to only look at 2 areas such as recession and and recovery then you need to think about what impact recession and recovery has on a companies operations and activities.

You will need to link these ideas to Coca-Cola. So you would start by identifying their current activities and then talk about how a recession would change these activities or have some negative impact on them. Then do the same for recovery.

thank you soooo much :smile:)))))
Reply 3
Original post by Bazymac

what do you mean by comparing the differences?
Reply 4
Original post by adiiisiii_
what do you mean by comparing the differences?

Basically a small conclusion on what you have identified are the clear differences between what happens to the companies activities during the recession and how it is during the recovery like you did for the main part. But, because in the main part you will be explaining in more detail to why this happens etc. in the conclusion you will just point out the changes.
Reply 5
Original post by Bazymac
Basically a small conclusion on what you have identified are the clear differences between what happens to the companies activities during the recession and how it is during the recovery like you did for the main part. But, because in the main part you will be explaining in more detail to why this happens etc. in the conclusion you will just point out the changes.

So for example, I stated that interest rates tend to fall in a recession whereas in an economic recovery they rise - basically do I have to state the disadvantages of these contrasting impacts on Coca Cola?
Reply 6
So for example, I stated that interest rates tend to fall in a recession whereas in an economic recovery they rise - basically do I have to state the disadvantages of these contrasting impacts on Coca Cola?

Exactly! šŸ˜Š

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Bazymac
Exactly! šŸ˜Š

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhhhhhh thank you so much for the help :biggrin:
Reply 8
ahhhhhhh thank you so much for the help :biggrin:

No problem šŸ˜€

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi Iā€™m stuck on m2 unit 1 assignment 3 compared the challenges of 2 environment business activities? Iā€™m not Sure wot to do ?

Quick Reply

Latest