The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9300
Original post by danniegee
It's OK - it's totally normal to be nervous, but just try to enjoy it! Interviews at Oxford are a great experience :smile:

Yes, I spent hours wandering round the town inbetween my interviews. Good places to visit include the Covered Market (especially Ben's Cookies - I had a just-baked cookie after breakfast on one of the days!), G&D's, and, since it's December, the Christmas Market on Broad Street. There are a few G&D's (it's an ice-cream shop, by the way), and I think that the one nearest to Oriel is on Pembroke Street. I brought a map and my phone (which has an in-built sat-nav app) to help me find my way. I know a lot of people would be worried about getting lost, but as long as you trust your sense of direction and your navigation equipment, you should be OK! Walking around Oxford is a great time-filler and also a bonus if you do get in, because you'll get to know your way around pretty fast! Oh, and the Waterstones on the corner between Cornmarket and Broad Street is amazing!

Sorry, I'm at John's :tongue:

thank you for this - i really want to get around town and check it out as i've never been. i'm struggling to focus on any work because i'm a ball of nerves which i know is normal but really frustrating lol
Original post by fs1
thank you for this - i really want to get around town and check it out as i've never been. i'm struggling to focus on any work because i'm a ball of nerves which i know is normal but really frustrating lol

I completely understand, it's OK :smile: Just try and convert all that nervous energy into enthusiasm and excitement - you'll be fine :wink:
What are people wearing for interview? Cannot decide!
Original post by learner248

Same, I'm currently packing and and I know that I'm bringing way too much stuff but I just want to be prepared for all possibilities haha :smile:

I'm wearing a suit :smile: I always wear one to every interview, I find them very comfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wore a white shirt (with buttons), black pants, tucked in the shirt of course. the ties are overkill.

I just did my Skype interview for Math & Comp and that is what I wore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9306
Is it ridiculous if I bring a hairdryer???
Reply 9307
Stressing over such stupid stuff - is it weird if I bring a wheely bag or is that bit excessive?
Original post by skylake
Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.

Last year I had both my interviews the day I arrived. They asked me to be there by 10am and my first interview was at 1 if I remember correctly and the second was at 5. It actually worked out really well because I got both of mine done and dusted and then just hung around doing whatever I wanted to pass the time until I was allowed to leave. I prefer getting it over and done with to having to wait. A lot of people had their interviews more spread out than I did though.
Original post by Fangorn
I am, but i'm yet to see another candidate

I am! I'll be there from the 9th to the 12th :smile:
Original post by rfo
Stressing over such stupid stuff - is it weird if I bring a wheely bag or is that bit excessive?

I'm bringing a suitcase :tongue: but then again I'll be there for 4 days and coming over from France... :')

I know how easy it is to stress about these things but honestly, they don't care. It really doesn't matter what you wear. Wear formal clothes if that's what you'd be comfortable in but when I was interviewed loads of people were in jeans/trousers and jumpers. Just wear something that you'll be completely comfortable in so that you can forget about it because the last thing you'll want to be thinking about in the interview is your clothes. Good luck!
Anybody at Mansfield for an interview this week?
Original post by armadillo1998
Hey! Is anyone interviewing at Mansfield this week?

Yes i am :smile: What course have you applied for?
Original post by Renaa
No wifi for applicants at Mansfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you at Mansfield now then?
Reply 9315
Original post by Georgiexlouise
Are you at Mansfield now then?

I am yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm arriving at Mansfield early Wednesday morning. What's it like? Have you had any interviews yet?
Do we have to go down for food every meal time. Or do they not mind you staying in your room??
Original post by skylake
Any idea from past experience if one would be likely to have an interview on the day they arrive? I have been asked to be at college by 12, an then lunch till 13:15 and then a pre-interview meeting.

Yes, this is quite likely....when my brother applied he arrived at Merton 9am, and his first interview was at 11am. Also our neighbour was interviewed the morning she arrived at Corpus. A couple of school friends have said the same thing, so I think it's a pretty common occurrence.
Reply 9319
Original post by Georgiexlouise
I'm arriving at Mansfield early Wednesday morning. What's it like? Have you had any interviews yet?

Everyone is really friendly and it is quite down-to-earth. I had both my Mansfield interviews today, but don't know if I'm going to get anymore from other places tomorrow.
Good luck for yours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending