The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Applied for Radiotherapy & Oncology last year (deferred entry) so already got my place. From Bethesda, North Wales :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by LFB2612
I applied for Mechanical Engineering and have an interview :smile: I'm from Cardiff 🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck. I'm a Year 2 student here. Feel free to ask anything you want.
Reply 182
How long did it take for you guys to get a reply?
Original post by Maximus7
Yes, I'll be applying for Genetics! from Conwy, Wales. :smile:

I've applied for genetics too! Where else have you applied to?
Applied for genetics, from Devon :smile:
Original post by Lukkkeee
Cardiff is my first choice but I'm unsure whether il receive an offer! Psychology, sociology and ICT! They aren't particularly 'preferred' subject which is why I'm unsure about whether il receive an offer :frown:

Which course are you applying for? If it's for Psych you'll likely just get a higher offer ~ that's what it says on the website anyways!

and don't worry, I'm studying Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies AND I retook year 12. They must have really liked me because they gave me offers for both courses I applied for! (not Psychology though) So it's likely your subjects won't affect it :smile:

Btw hello fellow Cardiff-firmer! :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from biomedical science (anatomy), sent my application on 13th november, still no news :frown:
Original post by MechanicalManiac
Good luck. I'm a Year 2 student here. Feel free to ask anything you want.

Ive got an interview too, its on Tuesday and I've been trying to prepare myself for what to say to possible questions, do you have any advice on what to bring up or ask them about? Also do you know what sort of questions they might ask us?
thanks!
I'm going to comp sci applicant day on Wednesday which starts at 11 but my coach gets to Cardiff by 11:15-20. I'm so scared I'll be missing out on something important :afraid: or worse, them going to visit the Software Academy in Newport without me :afraid:
Anyone heard anything from biomedical science (anatomy) from cardiff sent on 13th November
How long do they takee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
What accomodation are people thinking they're going to go for??😃😃🏠🏡🏫
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I'm going to comp sci applicant day on Wednesday which starts at 11 but my coach gets to Cardiff by 11:15-20. I'm so scared I'll be missing out on something important :afraid: or worse, them going to visit the Software Academy in Newport without me :afraid:

Should've booked an earlier coach then. :u:

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman
Should've booked an earlier coach then. :u:

Spoiler

It's the first coach leaving, I'm not that daft. :lol:

I called and they said that they'll be giving a welcome talk by the time I arrive so I won't be missing too much.
It's the first coach leaving, I'm not that daft. :lol:

I called and they said that they'll be giving a welcome talk by the time I arrive so I won't be missing too much.

But you will be the person who arrives late and has the whole auditorium turning around and staring at her in a judgemental fashion. :ahee:
Original post by Hydeman
But you will be the person who arrives late and has the whole auditorium turning around and staring at her in a judgemental fashion. :ahee:

Thanks for calming my nerves.
Thanks for calming my nerves.

Anything for you, Hatless Cat. :h:
Hey everyone! How are you? I'm great! Received an offer to study Journalism and I'm so happy! The problem is I've received an e-mail from Cardiff uni, but there were no updates on my UCAS track. I've noticed that I've always received offers on Friday, so maybe they'll update on Friday...is this even possible? I can't wait to see the condition since I know it wil be a conditional offer. All this waiting is killing me! :bricks:
Has anyone experienced the same situation? I mean, is this normal? Thanks :smile:
Applied for Biology from Lancashire :smile:
Had an invite for an interview for Dentistry!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dioooooon
Had an invite for an interview for Dentistry!!:biggrin:

Nice one -- good luck. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending