The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeedToRevise
When you get an offer from a uni, do you also get sent an offer letter? I've got a conditional offer but need to do my skills test which, according to the uni, need to be done by the deadline on my offer letter... But I haven't got one??
your offer letter is on your ucas. I think you have to go to main menu and it should say view offer letter
Original post by Niyo123
Not to worry. I got late invitations. I send my application on 16 Nov. Got one intw invitation on 27 Nov and another today! Haven't heard anything from my third option yet.

Which subject are you applying to?

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a worry wart. I've applied for Primary and Early years PGCE with QTS at UCb/UoB, Warwick and a School direct in Birmingham.

I've assed my skills tests already so hopefully that counts.
Passed* not assed. LOL
Original post by Smileygal
I suppose it doesn't help that I'm a worry wart. I've applied for Primary and Early years PGCE with QTS at UCb/UoB, Warwick and a School direct in Birmingham.

I've assed my skills tests already so hopefully that counts.
Original post by Aemiliana
They'll only have got your application today. It took up to two weeks for one uni to get back to me. I know it's hard but try to be patient, there's not a huge amount you can do right now.

Mind you, I'm itching for my offer to go up on UCAS - I don't feel comfortable cancelling my interview this week until it's official.

Normally I have the patience of a saint, but when it comes to things like this, I have no patience haha. Thank you, I actually feel a little better now.

Yeah, I'd wait until it was confirmed, if I were you.
Have two interviews for Edgehill this week, so nervous! especially about the educational issues as there are so many that could come up! Was also told both courses (early years and primary) could be full before then! Fingers crossed they won't be as I've booked flights from N.Ireland :frown:
Can I just say a massive thank you to everyone on this thread!! You are all so helpful and make me feel less stressed!!! 😊
Can I just say a massive thank you to everyone on this thread!! You are all so helpful and make me feel less stressed!!! 😊

Hey! I agree, this thread is great. How's your application going?

😊 I will second that , everyone here has been great !
Yeah was thinking the same thing myself actually! What a lovely and helpful bunch! Have had this page open pretty much 24/7 the last month or so!!

Original post by carolineherts
😊 I will second that , everyone here has been great !
Original post by s_mccann13
Have two interviews for Edgehill this week, so nervous! especially about the educational issues as there are so many that could come up! Was also told both courses (early years and primary) could be full before then! Fingers crossed they won't be as I've booked flights from N.Ireland :frown:

Usually the interviewer will invite you to discuss an issue, rather than asking you about one specific issue. Best bet is just to keep reading TES and Guardian/BBC/Telegraph education sections and you'll get a good overview. Just make sure you have an opinion on the issue you choose to discuss and that you can give a clear reason for it :smile:

Good luck!!
What kind of marks/percentage are people getting on the numeracy skills test? Really worrying now as mine is booked for mod jan and only getting marks in the 40s :frown:
Thank you so much!! Really helpful :smile:
Original post by ChancedTravels
Usually the interviewer will invite you to discuss an issue, rather than asking you about one specific issue. Best bet is just to keep reading TES and Guardian/BBC/Telegraph education sections and you'll get a good overview. Just make sure you have an opinion on the issue you choose to discuss and that you can give a clear reason for it :smile:

Good luck!!

Good luck!!

Good luck!!
Unconditional offer just confirmed by email!!
Original post by martyncooper
Unconditional offer just confirmed by email!!

Woohoo! Excellent! Congratulations.

I'm glad there will be somebody else here not doing PGCE through uni :wink:
Thanks!! It feels a bit more real now! Just a bit mind...

Yeah! You're at UEL as well aren't you? Which subject?

Original post by *tango*
Woohoo! Excellent! Congratulations.

I'm glad there will be somebody else here not doing PGCE through uni :wink:
Original post by martyncooper
Thanks!! It feels a bit more real now! Just a bit mind...

Yeah! You're at UEL as well aren't you? Which subject?

Maths.

No, my training sessions will be with my SCITT provider (although my PGCE will be accredited by IOE).
Ok, good stuff.

I never heard back from one of my school direct interviews, which was strange, so I'm gonna call them today too. Visited another school today, a federation, but my heart has always been with the one I'm going with.

Now off to the pub before flying back to Barcelona tonight!

Original post by *tango*
Maths.

No, my training sessions will be with my SCITT provider (although my PGCE will be accredited by IOE).
Original post by jodiek28
What kind of marks/percentage are people getting on the numeracy skills test? Really worrying now as mine is booked for mod jan and only getting marks in the 40s :frown:

I can't even do the maths test, I'm finding it so hard. I'm just hoping to practice over Christmas since my PGCE offer says it doesn't need to be passed until March.
Original post by Smileygal
Hey! I agree, this thread is great. How's your application going?

It's going OK I guess. I just need to do the skills test and I am freaking out about the numeracy one! I underestimated how hard mental maths is for me! It's not that the questions are difficult, it's just that I need more than 20 seconds to answer! :frown:
Congrats to everyone with offers so far and best of luck to those with upcoming interviews. Anyone has an interview at Leeds Trinity or has been to one already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending