The Student Room Group

St Andrews Medical School Applicants - 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessica6
I haven't heard anything at all either :/ starting to panic

If you havent heard anything anything like no confirmation or fee status its def worth calling and just make sure because u should have got them and its better to be safe than sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when St. Andrews are expected to have sent out all of their interviews? I've seen quite a few people say other medical schools will have all of the invitations out by Christmas however St. Andrews seem to have been quite quiet so far!
Im currently studying at St As and i didnt get an interview until February!! so you guys have loads of time :smile:
Original post by Sophia7860
Im currently studying at St As and i didnt get an interview until February!! so you guys have loads of time :smile:

Wow! That's definitely reassuring :smile: Can I ask, what was your ukcat score? And more importantly, are you enjoying yourself :smile:?
I'm a Scottish applicant and I just got an invite for interview on Monday!
St Andrews interviews until quite late though so good luck to everyone else! :smile:
Original post by Rosiebear150
I'm a Scottish applicant and I just got an invite for interview on Monday!
St Andrews interviews until quite late though so good luck to everyone else! :smile:

Congrats! You must be over the moon :biggrin: Do you mind me asking what your ukcat was? And are you a school leaver or graduate applicant?
Original post by scotmed1205
Congrats! You must be over the moon :biggrin: Do you mind me asking what your ukcat was? And are you a school leaver or graduate applicant?

Thank you! Yeah I'm happy since I would love to study at St Andrews :smile: Not at all, I'm a school leaver and here are my stats, they're not the best though:
S5: AAAAA
S6: AAA
UKCAT 718 band 3 (not happy with this but hoping it won't bring me down too much as it's only 1 station)
How about yourself?
Thank you! Yeah I'm happy since I would love to study at St Andrews :smile: Not at all, I'm a school leaver and here are my stats, they're not the best though:
UKCAT 718 band 3 (not happy with this but hoping it won't bring me down too much as it's only 1 station)
How about yourself?

Your relatively high UKCAT will put you at the level of the other applicants anyway I'd imagine.
How about yourself?

"not the best" hahaha how can you get better than all As! Well done :smile: Yeah your ukcat will put you way above others! I'm a graduate applicant with a predicted 1st in human biology and 652 ukcat. Think the ukcat is bringing my application down quite a bit as I haven't heard from anything yet. Keeping positive though!
Original post by scotmed1205
"not the best" hahaha how can you get better than all As! Well done :smile: Yeah your ukcat will put you way above others! I'm a graduate applicant with a predicted 1st in human biology and 652 ukcat. Think the ukcat is bringing my application down quite a bit as I haven't heard from anything yet. Keeping positive though!

Thanks! I'm just hoping my SJT won't bring me down too much. Well done though a 1st is amazing! Just keep waiting though as St Andrews starts with higher UKCAT scores and works there way down so you've still got plenty of time to get an interview. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Jennapee
Wow! That's definitely reassuring :smile: Can I ask, what was your ukcat score? And more importantly, are you enjoying yourself :smile:?

2650. yes!! im loving it here! the town is lovely and the course suits me really well! hope you hear back soon! :smile: if you have any questions, feel free to message me!
Hey anyone got/already had an interview at St andrews? Had mine friday last week :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Wannabe1doc
Hey anyone got/already had an interview at St andrews? Had mine friday last week :smile:

How did you find it?
Original post by madmed16
How did you find it?

Was pretty good tbh i thought they were quite friendly interviewers :smile: I just hope ive done well enough. Do you know if they use 50% weighting of ukcat when giving offers after interview?
Reply 54
Was pretty good tbh i thought they were quite friendly interviewers :smile: I just hope ive done well enough. Do you know if they use 50% weighting of ukcat when giving offers after interview?

That's good!! I'm not actually sure how much weighting the UKCAT has, post-interview...
Original post by madmed16
That's good!! I'm not actually sure how much weighting the UKCAT has, post-interview...
yeah i dont think they said :/ am i one of the first few to be interviewed then? Cause this thread is pretty quiet
Reply 56
yeah i dont think they said :/ am i one of the first few to be interviewed then? Cause this thread is pretty quiet

I think you're part of the first batch... But this thread has been very quiet for quite a while...
Just got an interview! :biggrin:
Original post by medicinehopefulx28

Whats ur ukcat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medicinehopefulx28

And congrats!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending