The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
I don't think the pitch or weather helped the quality of the game either. That said, it sounded like we were slack all over the pitch.

Thursday probably won't be much better if we play lots of kids and fringe players.

See, I actually think Lallana may have handled the pitch better than some. He is used to playing on poorer pitches, given his journey from the lower leagues to the PL. I think he'd have suited it better than Firmino. Ibe is the same, having played in the second tier for a while.
Original post by Mackay
See, I actually think Lallana may have handled the pitch better than some. He is used to playing on poorer pitches, given his journey from the lower leagues to the PL. I think he'd have suited it better than Firmino. Ibe is the same, having played in the second tier for a while.

So upset about Moreno's goal being ruled offside. Not because it would've given us the draw/potentially win but because that would've been a goal of the season contender.
Exeter away
Exeter away is a shame, given that I have ACS and an automatic seat in the Kop for every home match during the FA Cup.

That said, I'll enjoy seeing us at a relatively different ground.

Last time we met, Suarez helped us beat them 3-1. How I still long for him...
Benteke was a bag of potatoes. He is a great striker, but does not fit into Klopps system. Very static and slow!! Firmino and Benteke's partnership just doesn't work! Love klopp, but he got it wrong with midfield too, there was no linking midfield with the attack shows how much Can's presence is needed!! Dont get me started on 'welsh Xavi' Joe frickin Allen!!! UGH overall cant plant the blame on individual performance, whole team was crap. Oh well great that the other clubs dropped pts too, onwards and upwards! YNWA.
Original post by ThisIsNotMyNamex
Benteke was a bag of potatoes. He is a great striker, but does not fit into Klopps system. Very static and slow!! Firmino and Benteke's partnership just doesn't work! Love klopp, but he got it wrong with midfield too, there was no linking midfield with the attack shows how much Can's presence is needed!! Dont get me started on 'welsh Xavi' Joe frickin Allen!!! UGH overall cant plant the blame on individual performance, whole team was crap. Oh well great that the other clubs dropped pts too, onwards and upwards! YNWA.

Can was suspended and only had an unfit Henderson on the bench. Klopp didn't have much choice with the midfield.
Original post by samir12
Can was suspended and only had an unfit Henderson on the bench. Klopp didn't have much choice with the midfield.

Still think hendo should have been subbed in at half time!
Allen had a good game on Sunday. One of the few players you can say that of.
We're after Marko Grujic apparently for £5m.

Also Sturridge is injured again according to rumours
Grujic must be something special.

We have Can, Rossiter, Teixeira, Brannagan, Allan, Chirivella all in his position and of similar ages.
Sturridge is injured again, it's actually passed the point of a joke now. Sell him to United.
Scenes when we meet United in EL :biggrin:

Also Sturridge lol.
Original post by Lúcio
Scenes when we meet United in EL :biggrin:

Also Sturridge lol.

You would probably batter us. So please no.
Can we even meet in the next round or is the round after?
Original post by Seabear11
You would probably batter us. So please no.
Can we even meet in the next round or is the round after?

You've already beaten us this season to be honest.

Not sure how it works really; somebody on here will know though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners in the Europa Lague and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded.

United will be seeded, and we should win the group, so we won't meet.
Klopp will surely have to adjust the team to Benteke now, Sturridge can't be relied upon anymore. Origi is still young and Ings aint coming back till the end of the season.
SSN confirms Sturridge will be out 'weeks' rather than days.
How can a professional athlete be so prone to injury?
It's actually laughable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coutinho has travelled with the squad.

Lucas, Allen, Moreno AND Ibe all haven't travelled, though.

Expect the back four to be Bogdan, Randall/Clyne, Skrtel, K Toure, Smith/Clyne.
Original post by Mackay
Coutinho has travelled with the squad.

Lucas, Allen, Moreno AND Ibe all haven't travelled, though.

Expect the back four to be Bogdan, Randall/Clyne, Skrtel, K Toure, Smith/Clyne.

Wonder why Coutinho travelled? Surely not worth wasting his energy on the flight etc. I wouldn't have taken Clyne either.

I guess Klopp won't play an entirely reserve team. Maybe he wants to get back to winning ways/top the group?

Latest