The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Barts, 21st Jan, 8.15 a.m.! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nickname_esco
Got an interview at qmul

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Just to confirm, was this for A101? Could I be so intrusive as to ask your UKCAT score please?
YEY! Interview at barts here too!!! Hurry up Warwick!!!
Original post by Amywool
YEY! Interview at barts here too!!! Hurry up Warwick!!!

I've spent all day worrying about hearing from Warwick and Bart's didn't even cross my mind, now I'm stressed about Bart's too!

Congratulations on your interview :biggrin:
Could I ask your UKCAT score please?
Original post by LilithSternin
I've spent all day worrying about hearing from Warwick and Bart's didn't even cross my mind, now I'm stressed about Bart's too!

Congratulations on your interview :biggrin:
Could I ask your UKCAT score please?

I know me too. I was in the shower thinking right I'm going to get out and there will be an email from Warwick and I rushed to the phone to get the surprise from barts!!
I have a 1st class biomed degree and an MSc (and an MRes, left the PhD for med school) and got 680 on my UKCAT.
So a low UKCAT but my further education deffo helped. Hope you get one too!!
Original post by Amywool
I know me too. I was in the shower thinking right I'm going to get out and there will be an email from Warwick and I rushed to the phone to get the surprise from barts!!
I have a 1st class biomed degree and an MSc (and an MRes, left the PhD for med school) and got 680 on my UKCAT.
So a low UKCAT but my further education deffo helped. Hope you get one too!!

Thank you so much for replying, congratulations once again!

I get so excited for other people when they get interviews, it's a bit sad hahah.
Just got an invite for the 19th for Bart's :-) can't make it so I've asked to rearrange hopefully they can do that!
Barts interview
Congrats to those with barts interviews. Do you mind stating your ukcat and other qualifications?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a UKCAT score of 810 and a 1st in BSc Human Sciences.
I think my interview is on the last possible day, the 21st, lol. Then my gap year is officially a gap year!
Original post by durhamboy
Barts interview

Durham? I'm in Newcastle and just booked my train to London for barts for £46 advance. Just FYI
I don't think Bart's will be sending anymore interview invites out tonight, a day of double stress tomorrow in case Warwick and Bart's send them out on the same day!
Original post by CharlieGEM
Usually the bottom 10-15% get failed on a medicine degree? If so broadly similar to some other non-medicine courses. I think both the mitigating circumstances related to terminal illness of a close family member.

Its not done so much on quotas such as that. Although it often works out to a level around that.

I was talking more that you need 55-60% to pass the exams.

I think illness/death will only count if its parents, siblings or spouse. No extended family.
Barts interview! 8:15 on the 22nd... !!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Fourth and final interview for Barts. 747.5 UKCAT, 1st predicted. Can't believe I got all four!
damm, now im kinda pissed i didn't apply to queen mary for a101. MPharm predicted 1st with 670 may have gotten me there -_-
Original post by ForestCat
Its not done so much on quotas such as that. Although it often works out to a level around that.

I was talking more that you need 55-60% to pass the exams.

I think illness/death will only count if its parents, siblings or spouse. No extended family.

Always depends how hard the exams are, hence why it generally makes more sense to look at the passing percentile.

The good thing about a medical degree is that any pass practically guarantees employment whereas on some degrees the bottom 60% or thereabouts that get a 2.2 or below are left with the scraps of graduate jobs.

It was a parent in both cases.
Original post by CharlieGEM
Always depends how hard the exams are, hence why it generally makes more sense to look at the passing percentile.

The good thing about a medical degree is that any pass practically guarantees employment whereas on some degrees the bottom 60% or thereabouts that get a 2.2 or below are left with the scraps of graduate jobs.

It was a parent in both cases.

Hmm perhaps. Anyways my point was more than medical schools tend not to be particularly lenient, espeicallly in the pre-clinical years.

Medical school exams are hard to compare with other degrees. The question 'difficulty' may not be so hard per se, but the sheer amount of knowledge you need to retain and understand, in order to answer a sufficient number of questions correctly, is where the difficulty lies. I certainly wouldn't say its easy to pass the exams.
Original post by ForestCat
Hmm perhaps. Anyways my point was more than medical schools tend not to be particularly lenient, espeicallly in the pre-clinical years.

Medical school exams are hard to compare with other degrees. The question 'difficulty' may not be so hard per se, but the sheer amount of knowledge you need to retain and understand, in order to answer a sufficient number of questions correctly, is where the difficulty lies. I certainly wouldn't say its easy to pass the exams.

Well there's only one way to know for sure: by doing a medical degree if I actually get a place then I'll let you know :biggrin:
Original post by LilithSternin
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Just to confirm, was this for A101? Could I be so intrusive as to ask your UKCAT score please?

Yeh graduate entry 695 ukcat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending