The Student Room Group

Welbeck - The Defence Sixth Form College 2016 entry

Hey! This is a thread for anyone who is applying or thinking of applying for Welbeck, to start in September 2016! Whether you're applying for the Army, Royal Navy, RAF, DESG, or privately, you're welcome here!

Application deadlines:

Army - 1 December 2015 ONE MONTH LEFT
Royal Navy - 15 January 2016
RAF - 25 March 2016
DESG - Not open yet. Due to open in November 2015
Private students - 1 June 2016

Feel free to reply if you're applying, or thinking about it!
Reply 1
I don't know what service to apply from yet. I want to go into Air Engineering so I was thinking navy or air force.
Original post by H.anand
I don't know what service to apply from yet. I want to go into Air Engineering so I was thinking navy or air force.

Sadly the Air-Engineer job doesn't exist any more :frown:

But if you mean being an Aircraft Technician or an Engineering Officer then that's dandy ^_^
Reply 3
Original post by Schleigg
Sadly the Air-Engineer job doesn't exist any more :frown:

But if you mean being an Aircraft Technician or an Engineering Officer then that's dandy ^_^

Oh, I went to the open day yesterday and the guy from the Navy said that it was one of the roles as an engineering officer.
Original post by H.anand
Oh, I went to the open day yesterday and the guy from the Navy said that it was one of the roles as an engineering officer.

Ah, confusion :smile:

An AIr Engineer in the RAF is a chap who looks after the aircraft systems in-flight as a member of the Crew. In the Navy an Air Engineering Officer / Technician is someone who works on the Aircraft on a ship. Guessing you meant the latter as opposed to the former!
Reply 5
I've got my medical tomorrow at Westbury:biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Mojan Eva
I've got my medical tomorrow at Westbury:biggrin:

How long ago did you apply, I submitted my application on the 30th November and haven't received my medical questionnaire yet.
Reply 7
Original post by H.anand
How long ago did you apply, I submitted my application on the 30th November and haven't received my medical questionnaire yet.
Same happened to me, you should call them.
Reply 8
Original post by Mojan Eva
Same happened to me, you should call them.

No need, they've sent it now.
Original post by gogojakeo
Hey! This is a thread for anyone who is applying or thinking of applying for Welbeck, to start in September 2016! Whether you're applying for the Army, Royal Navy, RAF, DESG, or privately, you're welcome here!

Application deadlines:

Army - 1 December 2015 ONE MONTH LEFT
Royal Navy - 15 January 2016
RAF - 25 March 2016
DESG - Not open yet. Due to open in November 2015
Private students - 1 June 2016

Feel free to reply if you're applying, or thinking about it!

How far through the process have you got? Have you seen the other thread with more people applying?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3488723&page=9&p=63004495#post63004495

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
is it too late to apply? I only recently found out about Welbeck.
Im applying for DESG for September 2016
Original post by FKibboua
is it too late to apply? I only recently found out about Welbeck.

Yes, closing dates for applications were on the 20/04/2016. Sorry
Reply 13
Original post by chrisewinter
Yes, closing dates for applications were on the 20/04/2016. Sorry

Thanks anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest