The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

I have an interview at my 1st choice uni (Huddersfield)for Child nursing on Thursday. Im SOOO nervous. Anyone here alreaady had the interview there?
Any questions asked or tips?
Reply 481
Original post by natalia97
I have an interview at my 1st choice uni (Huddersfield)for Child nursing on Thursday. Im SOOO nervous. Anyone here alreaady had the interview there?
Any questions asked or tips?

Well done on the interview. Good luck with it :smile: Ive applied to Huddersfield too but haven't heard anything yet. Can I ask how long they took to get back to you after applying??
Original post by RachD33
Well done on the interview. Good luck with it :smile: Ive applied to Huddersfield too but haven't heard anything yet. Can I ask how long they took to get back to you after applying??

Thank you !!! Hope you hear back from it too soon.
Basically I forgot to insert my BTEC modules and when i found out i was rejected from Leeds because of that I panicked and had to change it. After the change it took less than a week for them to get back in touch, so I call myself lucky.
I have sent my application off during the October half term so it took a while!!
I'm a bit worried that my personal statement isn't good enough. I've written lots of stuff that is relevant to nursing and I've stated why I want to do nursing but not paediatrics in specific :frown: The only experience I've had is a week in a hospital and working in a children's amusement park for two summers. Compared to other applicants I just feel as if I'm not good enough!

I've applied to Manchester, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria, Surrey and Edinburgh Napier! I sent off my UCAS off a week and a half ago on Friday and still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone have any advice?
Original post by edenmoffatt
I'm a bit worried that my personal statement isn't good enough. I've written lots of stuff that is relevant to nursing and I've stated why I want to do nursing but not paediatrics in specific :frown: The only experience I've had is a week in a hospital and working in a children's amusement park for two summers. Compared to other applicants I just feel as if I'm not good enough!

I've applied to Manchester, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria, Surrey and Edinburgh Napier! I sent off my UCAS off a week and a half ago on Friday and still haven't heard anything.

I just sent my application today and i only have a weeks experience in a nursery and a couple of days on the children's ward. I can't give you any advice other than to reassure you that you're not the only one. Fingers crossed for us both :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alice97
I just sent my application today and i only have a weeks experience in a nursery and a couple of days on the children's ward. I can't give you any advice other than to reassure you that you're not the only one. Fingers crossed for us both :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh fab! where have you applied for? x

Don't worry yourself. Try and relate it to children's nursing as much you can. It's all about how you can relate it to nursing x
Original post by BrogSmith
Oh I hope it all works out for you!!! I have also applied for york, Cardiff, Swansea and Bournemouth!

Hi! Have you bears anything from York as I also applied there :smile:
Original post by SarahBlondie
Hi! Have you bears anything from York as I also applied there :smile:

No haven't heard anything yet! Have you? So nerve wracking!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 489
No. Still waiting! They said we would hear back within 10 working days so hopefully will know by friday,
Oh fab! where have you applied for? x

I've applied to Southampton, Brighton, Kingston, Kings college and Northampton. That's in order of preference too but on top of not too much experience, I also haven't really got the grades for southampton or brighton. So i tried to make my PS really good and I just hope that will scrape me an interview at least!
Original post by jessicasrowlands
I've been offered a conditional offer for Children's Nursing at Wolverhampton University in September 2016. Anyone else got places there for either January or September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, they invited me for a selection day in February, I wanted to know if this was a good sign? And how long after this did you get an interview?
Guys!!!! I am so nervous!!! I have my interview for University of Hertfordshire tomorrow! Has anyone had or is going to have an interview with University of Hertfordshire? Any tips would be helpful! Good luck to everyone else! :smile:
Original post by safiyyah98
Hey, they invited me for a selection day in February, I wanted to know if this was a good sign? And how long after this did you get an interview?

I have a selection day in feb too for there. Id it the 9th? X
Original post by emmawebb
I have a selection day in feb too for there. Id it the 9th? X

Omg yes it is!! How you feeling about it? What branch you applying for? How are you preparing? Lol sorry for all the questions i'm just excited haha
Original post by safiyyah98
Omg yes it is!! How you feeling about it? What branch you applying for? How are you preparing? Lol sorry for all the questions i'm just excited haha

Ohhhh. We will have to see eachother there then. Its child nursing I'm applying for :smile: I'm just looking over bbc bitesize etc going over my basic maths and hopefully pass for tge interview. I wonder how long it takes them to tell you, you've passed. Oh god. I'm excited too. What campus are you applying to? I'm going with Burton as it is close to Derby where my bf is. I'm from Ireland x
Original post by alice97
I've applied to Southampton, Brighton, Kingston, Kings college and Northampton. That's in order of preference too but on top of not too much experience, I also haven't really got the grades for southampton or brighton. So i tried to make my PS really good and I just hope that will scrape me an interview at least!

Have you heard anything from Southampton? I'm still waiting to hear if I've even made it to interview and have everything crossed!
Original post by allym123
Have you heard anything from Southampton? I'm still waiting to hear if I've even made it to interview and have everything crossed!

No, nothing other than that they've received my application. Yes same! The open day was so interesting and they were all so enthusiastic, you could tell they'd put a lot of effort in to the day, i felt like if i went there I'd be in really good hands.
All i do is keep checking track and my emails every ten minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by allym123

When did you send your application by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alice97
When did you send your application by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am the same! I'm obsessed with checking my e-mails and track and it's driving me nuts not hearing anything! I applied on the 9th November so it's been 4 weeks now. I know of people who applied after me and have already had interviews and been rejected - It's making me nervous! I just want them to put me out of my misery :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending