Has anyone got an unconditional offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pizzad0gs
Got an unconditional from Oxford Brookes

what subject did you apply for? (:
Original post by nataliieeliew
what subject did you apply for? (:

Anthropology ^~^
Got one from de Montfort as long as I formed it but it was only my 3rd or 4th choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an unconditional if firm from Royal Holloway for English, but I'm not firming them, so it is irrelevant really
There's a very good TSR article on unconditional offers here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=11155-Unconditional-offers-from-universities-what-to-do-if-you-get-one

The key points are
A) don't rush a decision about your firm/insurance. You have until May so USE that time. There's nothing to gain from firming early and everything to lose. No applicant should be picking a firm on track until April.
And
B) don't be flattered or pressured into firming a university you would not have wanted to go to otherwise.

The actual offers you get should NOT be a factor in deciding your firm. It should simply be the university course you MOST want to study.

Unconditional if firmed offers are particularly nasty in my opinion. A university is saying that they accept you with any grades as long as you don't rate them as second choice. They don't want you enough to offer you the option of an unpressured decision and they're not confident enough in the quality of what they offer you to give you an unconditional offer you could use as insurance. It's manipulative and a sign that even they don't think they're good enough to be your first choice. I personally wouldn't want to attend a university with that sort of attitude towards itself and its students.
Reply 85
I have four unconditional offers for Ecology, I don't think this is that unusual as I finished my A Levels in 2014 so I already have my grades, but I am quite chuffed to have a couple from Russell group unis with only BBC! I am pretty sure I will end up going to Bangor but am still going to go to the visit days with an open mind and think carefully about it.
Kate
Reply 86
I got an unconditional offer from UEL :smile:
Reply 87
And this was with only B E E at AS, Altho predicted A B C at A2; shows you don't always need the highest grades to receive an unconditional, if you're personal statement is good and you're references are good then you might get one
Reply 88
I got an Unconditional from Roehampton for Criminology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mesosleepy
So if you get an unconditional, you can miss all your exams and get accepted in?

Lmao. Why would you miss your exams cause of that? They can always kick you out; what will you do then?
Reply 90
I got a conditional offer from one of the uni's I applied to, what does that mean?
Ps. I'm a European student

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H.b9
I got a conditional offer from one of the uni's I applied to, what does that mean?
Ps. I'm a European student

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/types-offer
I have an unconditional from Goldsmiths. However I'm applying as a mature student and I finished my access course before I applied so I already had my final results.
Reply 93
Original post by lauraamy97
I received an unconditional from Leicester for Psychology

Omg so have I! Do you know if you are firming Leicester's offer?
Original post by PQ
There's a very good TSR article on unconditional offers here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=11155-Unconditional-offers-from-universities-what-to-do-if-you-get-one

The key points are
A) don't rush a decision about your firm/insurance. You have until May so USE that time. There's nothing to gain from firming early and everything to lose. No applicant should be picking a firm on track until April.
And
B) don't be flattered or pressured into firming a university you would not have wanted to go to otherwise.

The actual offers you get should NOT be a factor in deciding your firm. It should simply be the university course you MOST want to study.

Unconditional if firmed offers are particularly nasty in my opinion. A university is saying that they accept you with any grades as long as you don't rate them as second choice. They don't want you enough to offer you the option of an unpressured decision and they're not confident enough in the quality of what they offer you to give you an unconditional offer you could use as insurance. It's manipulative and a sign that even they don't think they're good enough to be your first choice. I personally wouldn't want to attend a university with that sort of attitude towards itself and its students.

[QUOTE="PQ;61154233"]There's a very good TSR article on unconditional offers here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=11155-Unconditional-offers-from-universities-what-to-do-if-you-get-one

The key points are
And

Unconditional if firmed offers are particularly nasty in my opinion. A university is saying that they accept you with any grades as long as you don't rate them as second choice. They don't want you enough to offer you the option of an unpressured decision and they're not confident enough in the quality of what they offer you to give you an unconditional offer you could use as insurance. It's manipulative and a sign that even they don't think they're good enough to be your first choice. I personally wouldn't want to attend a university with that sort of attitude towards itself and its students.[/QUOTE

I wholeheartedly disagree with the latter part of your post. Are you suggesting that Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh etc etc don't think they're good enough to be anyone's first choice? Seriously?!
Original post by DougallnDougall

Original post by PQ

I wholeheartedly disagree with the latter part of your post. Are you suggesting that Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, Edinburgh etc etc don't think they're good enough to be anyone's first choice? Seriously?!

Those universities don't give out unconditional IF FIRMED offers.
I beg your pardon. I misread what you said. Sorry:colondollar:
Original post by Emilyjmitchell
Has any one else got an unconditional offer? Just curious

yeah, dunno if I'm gonna take it though
Reply 98
Original post by Emilymolly19
what AS and A2 predictions did people get who have unconditional offers? (specifically the ones from uni of Birmingham)

also, did they receive their unconditional offer immediately or after a few days?

i have an unconditional for human biology at Birmingham- GCSEs were 6A* 3A, AS AABBE and A2 predicted AAA☺️
I have an unconditional to study History at Nottingham Trent 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending