The Student Room Group

Cambridge HSPS Hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessicaknowles
Fair enough!! At least it's out the way, did you just have one interview??

Yeah that's true! Nope I had 2 interviews, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how do you feel the interview went?
Original post by fluzzles98
Yeah that's true! Nope I had 2 interviews, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only one :frown:
Original post by jessicaknowles
Only one :frown:

Ohh that's not so bad, at least it will be over quicker :smile:

Original post by paulmardee
how do you feel the interview went?

Hmm I think my second interview was better than my first but in general, it's so hard to gauge how they went or what they actually thought of you haha :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Were the questions mostly broad or specifically related to what you provide them in your application (SAQ, personal statement, essays...)?
Original post by yeboiz
Were the questions mostly broad or specifically related to what you provide them in your application (SAQ, personal statement, essays...)?

The first interview was based around my essay and current issues along with a bit of psychology due to my EPQ :smile: and for the second interview, questions stemmed off of my personal statement mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
The first interview was based around my essay and current issues along with a bit of psychology due to my EPQ :smile: and for the second interview, questions stemmed off of my personal statement mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh cool! So there were no broad questions about power, states, or anything like that?
Original post by yeboiz
Ahh cool! So there were no broad questions about power, states, or anything like that?

There was a lot about democracy in my second interview but that's bc I had a quote about democracy in my PS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My interview is tomorrow!!!
Freaking out 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
There was a lot about democracy in my second interview but that's bc I had a quote about democracy in my PS :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they give you any texts to read before as a basis for discussion? :smile:
Original post by yeboiz
Did they give you any texts to read before as a basis for discussion? :smile:

Nope :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
I had my interview at Kings for HSPS yesterday, and it wasn't as bad asI thought it would be!

My only regret is not getting the contact details of someone else from Durham who was applying with me and had their interview at the same time :frown:
Original post by Madhog
I had my interview at Kings for HSPS yesterday, and it wasn't as bad asI thought it would be!

My only regret is not getting the contact details of someone else from Durham who was applying with me and had their interview at the same time :frown:

May I ask who you interview was with? I really can't make sense of how mine went!
Original post by Madhog

Did you only have one interview? Did they focus on PS/Essays?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MaryBerry
I left with the same feeling ...and looking back I cringe at the fact that I could have formulated my answers in a more clever way...needless to say I'm pretty negative right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can totally relate :/
I'm not optimistic at all now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Horcrux16
I can totally relate :/
I'm not optimistic at all now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same for me, I left thinking it had gone really well and now I'm cringing/remembering the stupid things I said. Feel awful. Sigh, a month of this to go
Hi everyone!

Great to see that I'm not the only one with a lot of nerves! I've been invited to an interview the 16th at Sidney Sussex, and I'm doing a reading, 2 interviews and then a written test.

Has anyone else done a written test? I have no idea what it will be like and how to prepare.

Thanks!
Thought that my interviews went fairly well but it's so hard to tell! Really enjoyed them though. Had readings before both but I actually quite enjoyed that as it formed the basis for some really interesting discussions! Now just to wait...
Reply 99
Original post by LinnAmalie
Hi everyone!

Great to see that I'm not the only one with a lot of nerves! I've been invited to an interview the 16th at Sidney Sussex, and I'm doing a reading, 2 interviews and then a written test.

Has anyone else done a written test? I have no idea what it will be like and how to prepare.

Thanks!

I have one for Sidney on the same day with the same interviews and i am soooo nervous, i have no idea what to expect, i didn't even expect to get this far!
What prep have you done?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending