The Student Room Group

Higher Biology 2015-2016

Don't think there is a forum for higher bio this year yet. How is everyone getting on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My god. Been waiting for this for time!!!! thanks for that
Reply 2
lots of memorising this year in Bio and its quite tricky
Original post by Jeff548

I am actually quite enjoying bio this year, loved genetics in unit 1 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeff548

Higher respiration is hard though. Any tips for remembering the citric acid cycle anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Science_Girl
Higher respiration is hard though. Any tips for remembering the citric acid cycle anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do a lot of diagrams for it and keep repeating them
I've been doing it over two years so this is my second time doing it and I still struggle with remembering it all
Reply 7
Yeah respiration is a pain! Do you think you are comfortable for an A?
Original post by Larissa14
Do a lot of diagrams for it and keep repeating them

Thanks, will do. Probably didn't help I missed the lesson on it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jeff548
Yeah respiration is a pain! Do you think you are comfortable for an A?

Hope so! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where are you all in the course? I feel we are moving quite slowly in comparison with other science subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hope so! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not comfortable. What unit and topic are you on and have you done your assignment yet?
Original post by Jeff548
Not comfortable. What unit and topic are you on and have you done your assignment yet?

Unit 2 topic 4 done assignment. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Unit 2 topic 4 done assignment. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 2 topic 3. Done assignment too. Have you had any tests? If so what was your score in these?? Are you on topic 4 or finished it? When are your prelims? Sorry for loads of questions, so stressed.
Original post by Jeff548
Unit 2 topic 3. Done assignment too. Have you had any tests? If so what was your score in these?? Are you on topic 4 or finished it? When are your prelims? Sorry for loads of questions, so stressed.

Don't stress! We are just finished topic 4. I got an A in the test can't remember my %. My prelims are end of January/start of February. When are yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Don't stress! We are just finished topic 4. I got an A in the test can't remember my %. My prelims are end of January/start of February. When are yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah pre-lims are the same time as yours. What do you use to revise? I really am struggling!!!
Original post by Jeff548
Yeah pre-lims are the same time as yours. What do you use to revise? I really am struggling!!!

Flash cards are my life. However, they drive my friends up the wall! How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Flash cards are my life. However, they drive my friends up the wall! How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol same, flashcards ftw!!
I couldn't help but notice you are in a few other Scottish qualifications subjects threads... just wanted to ask what grades did you achieve last year? What grades are you aiming for this year? And also what course would you like to do???
Reply 18
Just came across this thread and thought i should join :redface:
Our class is on maintaining metabolism and VO2 max and we've done our assignment as well. Our teacher thinks it's a good idea to measure our VO2 max levels through a bleep test tomorrow....
Reply 19
Original post by lucy713
Just came across this thread and thought i should join :redface:
Our class is on maintaining metabolism and VO2 max and we've done our assignment as well. Our teacher thinks it's a good idea to measure our VO2 max levels through a bleep test tomorrow....

OMG SAME WITH OUR TEACHER!! When are your pre-lims and what topics will it have as we are supposed to have completed unit 2 by the week beginning 25th Jan and I have no clue how we are going to manage this and also do Unit 3 after in under 2 months !!!
How you finding Biology this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending