The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
I got my offer from Liverpool in 2 days! Leicester only took a week or so and NTU a week or so after that. Nottingham have offered me a place but invited me to discuss the exact offer due to special circumstances and Sheffield haven't responded to me yet. :smile:
Original post by Waliid
Wow your grades are impressive. I would've thought u would've got offer within a month at most. As you know unis get loads of applicants and all you can now do is just wait because there is nothing you can do and they also have till May to reply so don't worry about it. Even if the uni was to say you're not good enough then you're still in luck because Sussex still consider people who are unsuccessful to other physics degree. So good luck and just wait hopefully soon you'll get offer.

Thanks, I'll try to be a bit more patient at this point! Just want to get an offer soon! I can't imagine how many applicants unis get so it must take them quite a long time to chose who to give a place to.
Original post by Katiecartwright
Did anyone's application get processed on the 6th December? That's when Track says it was last updated for me.

I've applied to do English at University of Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick and Wolverhampton. Has anyone received offers yet for applications of around the same time?

I am obsessed with track! Can it really take up to May to get offers or is that due to the influx of people who apply in January close to the deadline?

I have offers from Bristol and Nottingham but then I applied in mid-November. Don't be surprised if Bristol takes a while, they replied to me only a few days ago.
Original post by jamlycheeemir
I have offers from Bristol and Nottingham but then I applied in mid-November. Don't be surprised if Bristol takes a while, they replied to me only a few days ago.

Thank you! I'm regretting not applying earlier now. I thought early December was relatively early because the deadline isn't until Jan! Well done on your offers! How quick was Nottingham's decision?
Thank you! I'm regretting not applying earlier now. I thought early December was relatively early because the deadline isn't until Jan! Well done on your offers! How quick was Nottingham's decision?

Thanks:smile:I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. Notts got back in ten days although I applied for Sociology and English may have a longer selection procedure.
Reply 1725
Did anyone's application get processed on the 6th December? That's when Track says it was last updated for me.

I've applied to do English at University of Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick and Wolverhampton. Has anyone received offers yet for applications of around the same time?

I am obsessed with track! Can it really take up to May to get offers or is that due to the influx of people who apply in January close to the deadline?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can take till may! It depends on the number of applicants, the subject, and your own situation
Reply 1726
I applied 15 days ago to St.Andrews, Warwick, KCL, York and Exeter for maths. Until now i've got offer from KCL, everyone seems to be getting offers from Warwick and York except for me :frown:
I applied on November the 27th at 8 in the morning and had two offers from Northumbria and Huddlesfield the next day, havent had any since though, anyone had any quick offers from Newcastle University?
Applied for computer science on the 29th November.

Got an offer from Warwick within two days and an offer from King's within four.

I'm just waiting for St Andrews (who suggested they won't send anything until January), Nottingham (who haven't even acknowledged my application) and UCL.

/Respect to the other Computer Science applicants! There are so many of you.
I applied on the 4th for geography at Birmingham, Keele, Hertfordshire and Gloucestershire. Got a conditional offer from Gloucestershire yesterday! Does anyone know how quick/slow Birmingham Keele and Hertfordshire are?
Does anybody know how slow/fast Warwick and Bath are? quite frustrated 'cause all my friends already got offers from them within days and I'm still waiting
Reply 1731
Original post by ats961
Does anybody know how slow/fast Warwick and Bath are? quite frustrated 'cause all my friends already got offers from them within days and I'm still waiting

Posted from TSR Mobile

what subject??

MMORSE at Warwick and Mathematics and Economics with placement at Bath
Original post by Fayehun
I have 2 offers from Oxford brookes and an interview day at Leeds, waiting on Durham and Edinburgh who seem to be really taking their time and they are the ones I really want to go to so fingers crossed. I know Durham can be very slow especially since the sports science is so popular there with limited spaces

5 of my friends do sport science at Durham currently, apparently most of the kids taking the course are like national sports players who went to private school or some crap like that💀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nathaniogeorge
Applied for computer science on the 29th November.

Got an offer from Warwick within two days and an offer from King's within four.

I'm just waiting for St Andrews (who suggested they won't send anything until January), Nottingham (who haven't even acknowledged my application) and UCL.

/Respect to the other Computer Science applicants! There are so many of you.

It's going to take you three weeks exactly to hear back from UCL. My friend and I who both applied for CS at UCL got offers back three weeks after we applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything back for Nursing at Sheffield Hallam? People seem to be getting offers and they sent their application off at the same time as me!! 🙉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1736
Original post by elsbels1
Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything back for Nursing at Sheffield Hallam? People seem to be getting offers and they sent their application off at the same time as me!! 🙉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nursing can take a while longer, just hold on :smile:

I know that Birmingham takes a while to get back to you. I think they're one of those universities that waits till the 15th of January (so that they get all the applications through) and then they start sending out offers - I may be wrong so don't quote me on this! :smile:

Good luck with your UCAS :h:
Original post by ats961

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still waiting for an offer, I was in the same position this time last year! I understand that it can be very frustrating, however I can assure you that our admissions team are working hard to get a response to everybody as soon as possible. We aim to make decisions before the end of March as you can see here.

If you have any questions while you are waiting for your offer please feel free to quote me!

Good luck with your application,

Hayden
Portsmouth is quick, still waiting on Liverpool, Sheffield, Oxford Brooke's and Royal Holloway, anyone received offers from these?

Latest