The Student Room Group

UCLAN graduate entry dentistry applicants (2016 entry)

Hey everyone!

I am currently in the final year of my Biomedical Sciences degree, and am hoping to study dentistry! I have sent off my UCAS application for graduate entry dentistry about three weeks ago, and my first choice is UCLAN (4 year grad entry).. (hopefully!!) :smile:

It would be very interesting to know who else applied to UCLAN for dentistry, or perhaps talk to any current dental students at UCLAN, who could kindly share their experiences or give any tips/advices! :smile:

Good luck to all! :smile: Hoping to hear from UCLAN dental applicants soon.

Zara
xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nergis
Hey everyone!

I am currently in the final year of my Biomedical Sciences degree, and am hoping to study dentistry! I have sent off my UCAS application for graduate entry dentistry about three weeks ago, and my first choice is UCLAN (4 year grad entry).. (hopefully!!) :smile:

It would be very interesting to know who else applied to UCLAN for dentistry, or perhaps talk to any current dental students at UCLAN, who could kindly share their experiences or give any tips/advices! :smile:

Good luck to all! :smile: Hoping to hear from UCLAN dental applicants soon.

Zara
xx

Hi Zara,
Ive applied to UCLan :smile: Have you heard anything about the entrance exam? They told me they were processing invites this week x
Reply 2
Hi guys, I've applied to UCLan and haven't heard from them regarding the entrance exam yet.
Hello claraoshea93 and Jamesk1 :smile: I have called UCLAN this this morning but couldn't speak to the admissions tutor. But she has emailed me this :biggrin:

"Dear Nergis,

Thank you for your call this morning. I would like to inform you that the letter inviting you to attend the entrance Exam on the 20th November has already been printed. You should receive this in the post early next week.

I look forward to you attending on the 20th."

So I'm guessing you lot should be expecting a letter early next week also hopefully! :smile:
Original post by Nergis
Hello claraoshea93 and Jamesk1 :smile: I have called UCLAN this this morning but couldn't speak to the admissions tutor. But she has emailed me this :biggrin:

"Dear Nergis,

Thank you for your call this morning. I would like to inform you that the letter inviting you to attend the entrance Exam on the 20th November has already been printed. You should receive this in the post early next week.

I look forward to you attending on the 20th."

So I'm guessing you lot should be expecting a letter early next week also hopefully! :smile:

Oh awesome! So if you email you will find out if you got invited? I wonder how many applicants they fot this year. What other unis have you guys applied to? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claraoshea93
Oh awesome! So if you email you will find out if you got invited? I wonder how many applicants they fot this year. What other unis have you guys applied to? :smile:

I have called dental admissions and inquired about my application status, and the admissions tutor got back to me via email. So yes, I guess they would tell you if you were to email them as well.

I applied to Cardiff ,Plymouth, Bristol and UCLAN :smile: Wbu?
(edited 8 years ago)
Check your emails claraoshea93 and jamesk1 - if youre invited for the entrance exam you should have received an email approx. half an hour ago :smile:
Ye got it, exciting :smile: And have applied to Aberdeen, KCL, UCLan (all 4 years) and birmingham (5 years)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by claraoshea93
Ye got it, exciting :smile: And have applied to Aberdeen, KCL, UCLan (all 4 years) and birmingham (5 years)

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 9
How are people dressing? Smart or casual...
Anybody heard back from UCLAN about interview?
Heyy

I just got an email inviting me to the interview for UCLAN dentistry, anyone else? The process of the day looks complicated!
Original post by abbeywell
Heyy

I just got an email inviting me to the interview for UCLAN dentistry, anyone else? The process of the day looks complicated!

Hey, yeh I just got an email today too! that dexterity task looks kinda tricky!
yh it does! and so do the mini interviews and the task they havent told us about. How are you planning to prepare?
Original post by abbeywell
yh it does! and so do the mini interviews and the task they havent told us about. How are you planning to prepare?

erm probs just gonna look up some basic dentistry knowledge, practice with my flatmates and also buy a sewing kit haha. wbu? when is your interview?
Mines on the 14th! Lool sewing kit, i'm worried about the 10 mini stations :/ but yh same gna do some dentistry kmowledge stuff look at some videos and invest in some needles!
Hey,

I got an invite to interview at UCLAN this year for graduate dentistry and I'm just looking to get some collusion on the interview, if theres any past student who have been through the interview process and know what "wax manipulation" means as a dexterity test?
(edited 8 years ago)
mines on the 17th! yeh the needle one seems a bit of a challenge, like im not sure how its gonna go down on the day, if i can even get it through the first one! They mentioned team work for one of their stations. anyone know how that could work?
Reply 18
Original post by maaztalha
mines on the 17th! yeh the needle one seems a bit of a challenge, like im not sure how its gonna go down on the day, if i can even get it through the first one! They mentioned team work for one of their stations. anyone know how that could work?

Mines on the 17th too! tried the needle stuff at home, its not too bad once you've done it once. Not sure about the rest of the 9 stations though, theres a lot they could ask
My interview was on the 17th too. And I got the update on ucas 2 days ago with a conditional offer!! So excited! Anyone else heard back?

Quick Reply

Latest