The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieGEM
Well there's only one way to know for sure: by doing a medical degree if I actually get a place then I'll let you know :biggrin:

Good luck.
[QUOTE=Grad201X;61156527]I have a Barts interview for the 21st, does anyone with an interview on the 18 or 19th want to swap with me?

I really dont wanna go on the 19th and wouldnt mind going on the 21st. I'll let you know. Struggling to time get time off work on 19th. What time is your interview on the 21st
Just wondering guys what are your ideal choices in order that are also realisitc e.g you have an interview or are hoping for an interview. Lets try and stay occupied before the warwick emails lol

Mine is barts 1. B'ham 2nd. Warwick 3rd.
Reckon all of the Barts interviews have gone out today or are more coming?

Congrats to all those who got them!!
Original post by ForestCat
Good luck.

Thanks. I think my weakness is interviews so I might need it :wink:
Barts here too for the 21st. There i was waiting for Warwick and then i notice a new email from a uni i'd practically forgotten i'd applied to :P
Original post by nickname_esco
Yeh graduate entry 695 ukcat

Thanks for replying! What are your stats in terms of degree classification/level of study please?
Just noticed this on the Bristol website - "Please note: the MB ChB Medicine (graduate entry) (A101) course will run in 2016, but will not be available for applications for 2017 entry."

Anyone know why they're stopping the A101 programme?
Original post by LilithSternin
Thanks for replying! What are your stats in terms of degree classification/level of study please?

1st class Bsc degree. Dont worry if you havent recieved an email yet. More should go out tommorow.
Has anyone applied as a graduate to the Cardiff A100 course and heard anything back yet?
I guess Warwick will email interview invites tomorrow then?
Original post by renoufcaitlin
Just noticed this on the Bristol website - "Please note: the MB ChB Medicine (graduate entry) (A101) course will run in 2016, but will not be available for applications for 2017 entry."

Goodness! Leicester did it last year, now Bristol! So there's only Cambridge left without an entrance test!
Why do people think more emails for barts will go out tomorrow? :smile:
Anyone know maybe from a successful Nottingham GEM student what would be sufficient work experience (detailed on the work experience questionnaire once met gamsat cut off) to get an interview?
Haven't heard from Bart's so far :'(
Is it because I told them to get their **** together? Well, I take it back! TAKE YOUR SWEET TIME
Original post by RexyB
Haven't heard from Bart's so far :'(

As far as I'm aware, nobody with a 2.i has heard. Hoping that this means they have more to send, but I'm worried that the new 50:50 academic/UKCAT scoring means that a 2.i isn't good enough.

Let's hope we hear tomorrow, and congrats to everyone who has an interview already!
Original post by SummerSunshine
As far as I'm aware, nobody with a 2.i has heard. Hoping that this means they have more to send, but I'm worried that the new 50:50 academic/UKCAT scoring means that a 2.i isn't good enough.

Let's hope we hear tomorrow, and congrats to everyone who has an interview already!

Yep, depressed 2.i holder here! Let's hope that we hear tomorrow.
Original post by renoufcaitlin

There was a report that following a 5500 hours of training requirement from the EU, the government were thinking of requiring full registration at the end of medical school instead of FY1 which would mean with only 4 years in a medical program you wouldn't be eligible for registration. Imperial cut their 4 year program due to this.
Original post by CharlieGEM
There was a report that following a 5500 hours of training requirement from the EU, the government were thinking of requiring full registration at the end of medical school instead of FY1 which would mean with only 4 years in a medical program you wouldn't be eligible for registration. Imperial cut their 4 year program due to this.

Thanks - here's hoping that doesn't affect the 2016 entrants!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending