The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathlete2198
I know. But I would've thought they want more girls studying CS/CSP. That's why I'm just a bit confused if you get me?
I think you're right that they do pay particular attention to the applications of girls who just miss out on being invited to interview. But if they've done that and reckon the chance of them giving you a place is incredibly slim, it's kinder not to drag you up to Oxford for interviews. They might be able to take slightly weaker female candidates, but they can't take candidates who are much weaker.

Don't forget that CS at Oxford has more applicants per place than almost any other course at Oxford or Cambridge. If you've been rejected you might still be very good (and perhaps would have got an interview a few years ago when there was less competition) but sadly you didn't measure up to the top applicants this year.
Original post by nichole199810
Same! Spanish and beginners portuguese :smile:

Oh, that's so great! I have finally found someone!
Would you like to meet after the interview and like have lunch or something?
GUYS. I had two interviews for English. One was atrocious.
Original post by Georgiexlouise
Anyone getting there by car, how bad is it driving into the centre of Oxford? Is the traffic ridiculous or okay? I'm debating whether to get the park and ride in or just get dropped off outside my college

It's pretty easy to get dropped off at the train station and from there most colleges are easily within walking distance 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finished all my interviews so I can relax now until January, so happy! :biggrin: Best of luck to everyone who is still doing them/yet to start!
Reply 9385
Original post by kitchentowel1
GUYS. I had two interviews for English. One was atrocious.

Same :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsianMetalhead
Anyone else stalking this page, getting excited whenever someone has an interview at the same college/subject or nah?
Asking for a friend...:biggrin:

Yes! But the medics probably won't surface properly until the weekend. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Balls. I had two interviews for Biochem and I can't say they went well. I enjoyed them and it was a great experience, I learnt a lot! But oh my they could have gone better...

Good luck everyone staying in Oxford! If you get the chance go to Christ Church meadow, and also indulge in the ice cream/pizza bagels at D&G's :smile: (near the city centre)
Original post by mechanism
Balls. I had two interviews for Biochem and I can't say they went well. I enjoyed them and it was a great experience, I learnt a lot! But oh my they could have gone better...

Good luck everyone staying in Oxford! If you get the chance go to Christ Church meadow, and also indulge in the ice cream/pizza bagels at D&G's :smile: (near the city centre)

Ah, it's OK, don't worry! Everyone always thinks that their interviews didn't go well :wink: To be honest, there's no way to really tell!

*G&D's :wink: Yeah, I agree. Try and visit the Covered Market too if you have time :smile:
Original post by danniegee
Ah, it's OK, don't worry! Everyone always thinks that their interviews didn't go well :wink: To be honest, there's no way to really tell!

*G&D's :wink: Yeah, I agree. Try and visit the Covered Market too if you have time :smile:

Oops, soz, it's been a long three days haha!
And yeah, everything I told myself to do (think before you speak, don't make stupid comments) I did the exact opposite :wink:. It was really fun either way although I'm already cringing at myself haha!
Law interview was so difficult I almost broke down :frown: basically had 1 question throughout the entire interview
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9391
Original post by Zephex
Law interview was so difficult I almost broke down :frown: basically had 1 question throughout the entire interview

Mines in two hours. Why do you think yours went so badly?
Original post by fs1
Mines in two hours. Why do you think yours went so badly?

Well lets just say it was about an area of the law I have completely no interest in. Good luck though!
Original post by Zephex
Well lets just say it was about an area of the law I have completely no interest in. Good luck though!

MMine went awfully too, I kept getting muddeled up between the claimant and defendant in an act id been given 😕
What's everyone doing between interviews?!
Just had my first law interview, which was an atrocity D:
Got my general history interview later...oh dear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by learner248
What's everyone doing between interviews?!

Going to the ashmolean and walking around pretty much! Being touristy
Original post by Zephex

Omg that is absolutely how I'd describe mine! It was awful I honestly don't know how I didn't cry
Has anyone who applied for medicine had anything in the post? So far I've only had an email from Oxford and my host college, basically only telling me the day I'm expected to be there

Latest

Trending

Trending