The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Nearly all my interviews have been arranged for the same date. Waiting on the unis to get to me to see if i can changem what are the chances of that haha 4 dates the same i managed to get 2 changed already though. I feel awful having to change them x
Original post by emmawebb
Hi Katie,

Yeah I have a few questions just.. because I'm coming from Ireland I'd like to know if the admission tests and the interviews are held on the same day? Also I'm hoping to hear from my other universities soon in the hope my interviews are on the same week so I don't have to travel 5 times by plane as flights are really expensive. If i need to change the interview date is that possible? And if so, what alternative dates areavailable?

Hey Emma,

The interview and numeracy all takes place on the same day. Changing the date is a little more complicated so I'm just waiting to hear back about that - if there are specific difficulties it might be possible but I think it will depend on what they are, and what other interview dates have been set.

Are you coming from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland? If you're from the Republic of Ireland then we need to check funding as the NHS bursary is only open to UK nationals and you need to have been a resident in the UK for 3 years prior to starting.

Hope that clears things up - will get back to you again as soon as I know the details about changing dates. :smile:

Katie
Hello everyone :smile:
I've applied to study child nursing at Kings, Kingston, Surrey (although i've been rejected), Brighton and Bournemouth. To gain work experience I've volunteered in a school with children who have severe learning and physical disabilities, shadowed a social worker for young adults and volunteered in a surestart centre with babies and toddlers. I've got interviews for Brighton and Kingston so fingers crossed i'll hear back from the other 2 soon :smile: Has anyone had any admissions tests or interviews yet, what are they like?
Original post by allym123
I am the same! I'm obsessed with checking my e-mails and track and it's driving me nuts not hearing anything! I applied on the 9th November so it's been 4 weeks now. I know of people who applied after me and have already had interviews and been rejected - It's making me nervous! I just want them to put me out of my misery :biggrin:

It's so strange how they do it. Suppose we've just got to hope it's a good thing that we haven't heard yet, especially for you as you've been waiting ages. At least it wasn't an immediate no. Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hey Emma,

The interview and numeracy all takes place on the same day. Changing the date is a little more complicated so I'm just waiting to hear back about that - if there are specific difficulties it might be possible but I think it will depend on what they are, and what other interview dates have been set.

Are you coming from Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland? If you're from the Republic of Ireland then we need to check funding as the NHS bursary is only open to UK nationals and you need to have been a resident in the UK for 3 years prior to starting.

Hope that clears things up - will get back to you again as soon as I know the details about changing dates. :smile:

Katie

Hi Katie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. I'm coming from northern Ireland, but I've confirmed my date already with Staffordshire University now so that date and time is set and stone and my flights are booked already and I have recieved all the information I need in regards to the interview.

Original post by emmawebb
Ohhhh. We will have to see eachother there then. Its child nursing I'm applying for :smile: I'm just looking over bbc bitesize etc going over my basic maths and hopefully pass for tge interview. I wonder how long it takes them to tell you, you've passed. Oh god. I'm excited too. What campus are you applying to? I'm going with Burton as it is close to Derby where my bf is. I'm from Ireland x

Same I'm also applying for child nursing. Ah I see, I'll probably do the same. Me too! Fingers crossed! Apparently it takes like a week...thats what i heard from some people. Lol, I'm applying to the Walsall campus. Aww cool, I'm from Wolverhampton :smile: Where else are you applying?
Original post by alice97
It's so strange how they do it. Suppose we've just got to hope it's a good thing that we haven't heard yet, especially for you as you've been waiting ages. At least it wasn't an immediate no. Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep - I keep telling myself no news is good news - eek! When did you apply?

I'm only applying to Southampton. I'm 31 (that sounds SO old!!) and have a nearly 7 year old son. We live near Southampton so I don't really want to uproot him if I manage to get a place. I've worked with children of all different age ranges for the last 6 years but went back to an office recently and now I'm in a position to study again so I have everything crossed that I can do this.

How about you? Where else have you applied?
Reply 507
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from child nursing Brighton? From Interview on 25th Nov??
Original post by sim.c
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from child nursing Brighton? From Interview on 25th Nov??

My interview was on the 25th and I found out, 8 days afterwards, that Id got in. Last Thursday Id found out.

Have you checked UCAS, Student Central and your Junk Mail just in case?
Reply 509
Original post by TheSecondDegree
My interview was on the 25th and I found out, 8 days afterwards, that Id got in. Last Thursday Id found out.

Have you checked UCAS, Student Central and your Junk Mail just in case?

Yes. I have checked all three mutiple times daily!!!
Original post by allym123
Yep - I keep telling myself no news is good news - eek! When did you apply?

I'm only applying to Southampton. I'm 31 (that sounds SO old!!) and have a nearly 7 year old son. We live near Southampton so I don't really want to uproot him if I manage to get a place. I've worked with children of all different age ranges for the last 6 years but went back to an office recently and now I'm in a position to study again so I have everything crossed that I can do this.

How about you? Where else have you applied?

Haha tbh the average nursing applicant is aged 29 so that's not old at all. That all sounds really good and i can't imagine that they wouldn't at least interview you.

I've also applied to brighton, kings, Kingston and Northampton. I don't have much experience other than a bit of volunteering but I'm also about to start work as a HCA in hospital, which I'm really looking forward to 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sim.c
Yes. I have checked all three mutiple times daily!!!

Yeah I thought you might say that. Silly question really, I did the same myself!

How did you feel the interview went?
Best of luck with it.
Original post by alice97
Haha tbh the average nursing applicant is aged 29 so that's not old at all. That all sounds really good and i can't imagine that they wouldn't at least interview you.

I've also applied to brighton, kings, Kingston and Northampton. I don't have much experience other than a bit of volunteering but I'm also about to start work as a HCA in hospital, which I'm really looking forward to 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds great! Good luck with yor applications, keep me posted about how you get on with Southampton and I'll let you know if I hear anything too. Exciting times! 😄 X
Good luck to you all on getting into the course. If anyone is looking for accomadation I have a room available at mansion court, £300 a month , 2min walk to campus :smile:
I've got my numeracy and literacy test for dmu on 17th December! So excited and nervous as its my first choice :biggrin: anyone else got this date?
Just been rejected from Southampton, gutted :frown: not feeling at all hopeful for getting an offer this year!
Original post by M_E_Rosie
Just been rejected from Southampton, gutted :frown: not feeling at all hopeful for getting an offer this year!

Don't worry, I was rejected from 4 unis and was accepted at dmu, don't stress over it it'll drive you crazy. There's always something. :smile:
Original post by Lois_Dia
Don't worry, I was rejected from 4 unis and was accepted at dmu, don't stress over it it'll drive you crazy. There's always something. :smile:

Ahh that makes me feel a it better! :redface:

Awww sorry to hear that. Was it your first interview? Where else have you applied to? Don't worry about it, it will obly make you more determinedat your next one x
Reply 519

Sorry to hear that. I am still waiting nervously to find out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending