The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hopton98
Has anyone who applied for medicine had anything in the post? So far I've only had an email from Oxford and my host college, basically only telling me the day I'm expected to be there

I haven't had anything through the post either. What colleges are you being interviewed at? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by binnsm
Omg that is absolutely how I'd describe mine! It was awful I honestly don't know how I didn't cry

Mine was awful too, never felt so stupid before.
So glad I showed up the day before; email states to come before 10:30...

...10:30 - first interview 😩
Just had my first interview and it was horrendous 😩😩
Anyone staying at St Anne's on Saturday night?
(sorry if this has already been mentioned) What do I need to bring with me? (I'm staying for 2 nights)
Had my first Law interview today - could have been better, but it could have been much worse. The actual interview itself was OK, but the case they gave me beforehand freaked me out a bit. Hope I got the gist of it correctly! My interviewers were so lovely though and put me right at ease.

Although, it's a bit worrying that everyone else's Law interviews didn't go well (from what I've seen on here) - I've heard that if you found it horrible you've actually done well, but if you found it OK you've actually done really badly... :s-smilie:
Original post by cakeislife
(sorry if this has already been mentioned) What do I need to bring with me? (I'm staying for 2 nights)

Lots of work since you'll probably have a 20 minute interview and then nothing else for the rest of the day.
Original post by Lainathiel
I haven't had anything through the post either. What colleges are you being interviewed at? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm staying at Oriel on Sunday night, then my interview is Monday, and St John's on Tuesday :smile: and you?
Anybody going to be at Jesus college next week 14th to 16th (Monday to Wednesday)?
Original post by connieiscrazy
Had my first Law interview today - could have been better, but it could have been much worse. The actual interview itself was OK, but the case they gave me beforehand freaked me out a bit. Hope I got the gist of it correctly! My interviewers were so lovely though and put me right at ease.

Although, it's a bit worrying that everyone else's Law interviews didn't go well (from what I've seen on here) - I've heard that if you found it horrible you've actually done well, but if you found it OK you've actually done really badly... :s-smilie:

Haha I wouldn't worry mine was terrible and there's absolutely no way it actually went well 😂
Im at St Annes from the 13th through to the 16th for Computer Science, anyone else there? And any tips to prepare?
Had two interviews for biochem-- Horrible.
Original post by Lainathiel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither!!! Either of you at Brasenose or Hertford? :smile:
Hey guys, I'm staying at St Hugh's from the 14th to the 15th and was hoping to get to go there on the 13th already to avoid stress and to get to settle down (I'm from overseas). I sent them an email about this a few days ago but they still haven't replied. What do you think I should do? Just wait? Send another one or try to contact them in some other way? I'm getting pretty nervous since I'll be traveling on my own without an Internet connection, and my London hotel reservation (I'll be staying there for a couple of days) ends on the 13th and I don't want to end up having nowhere to sleep :s-smilie:
Original post by Eveliina97
Hey guys, I'm staying at St Hugh's from the 14th to the 15th and was hoping to get to go there on the 13th already to avoid stress and to get to settle down (I'm from overseas). I sent them an email about this a few days ago but they still haven't replied. What do you think I should do? Just wait? Send another one or try to contact them in some other way? I'm getting pretty nervous since I'll be traveling on my own without an Internet connection, and my London hotel reservation (I'll be staying there for a couple of days) ends on the 13th and I don't want to end up having nowhere to sleep :s-smilie:

Call the college and confirm that they got your email! I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating for an extra day but double check so that you're not left stranded. They have all the contact details on their website so call and speak to whoever you can
Original post by Hareve
Im at St Annes from the 13th through to the 16th for Computer Science, anyone else there? And any tips to prepare?

I'm there 12th to 15th for medicine! :smile:
Original post by thepurpletrain
Call the college and confirm that they got your email! I'm sure they would have no problem accommodating for an extra day but double check so that you're not left stranded. They have all the contact details on their website so call and speak to whoever you can

Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow then :smile:
Original post by criskalee
Had two interviews for biochem-- Horrible.

Sorry to hear that... What went wrong?
Was it the academical questions?
Original post by lou77777
Me neither!!! Either of you at Brasenose or Hertford? :smile:

No :/ Oriel and St John's.
I was just wondering if anyone had received some sort of schedule for the day, but I don't think anyone has

Latest