The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lynda.williams90
Hi, I've applied for Cardiff, USW, UWE, Coventry and Swansea. I heard of Bristol within 2 days of applying and have a interview in 2 weeks and I heard of Coventry beginning of the week and have a interview the end of January.

Original post by iamabbie97
Hello,

I've applied for midwifery at:
Plymouth
Bristol UWE
Brighton
Swansea
South Wales

And currently have an interview at Brighton for the 15th December, and Bristol UWE for the 16th :smile:

Hi! I'm applying to Cardiff, USW and Swansea too! When did you guys send your applications off? I haven't heard from any of those three yet, beyond confirmation letters. Very excited -- good luck to you two! xx
Original post by pâquerette03
Hi! I'm applying to Cardiff, USW and Swansea too! When did you guys send your applications off? I haven't heard from any of those three yet, beyond confirmation letters. Very excited -- good luck to you two! xx

I sent mine off on the 20th of November but track was down so didn't get sent till 23rd november. The interviews for them are February and March have dates written down somewhere. Tutors have said they wait till after closing to issue interviews.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rofi
how long did it take for them to respond to you?

It took about a week so I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :smile:
I just can't wait to get mine actually sent off.. Uni are taking the mick with careers checking PS's I don't want mine checked by them so hopefully it can get gone within the next week! Xx
Original post by pâquerette03

I sent mine off 3 weeks ago! I contacted USW and Swansea around a week ago and they said that they won't be sending out invites for interview until after the deadline :smile:

I also got invited to interview by Plymouth today, so just USW and Swansea left now :smile: x
Reply 285
Hey everyone i'm started to feel a bit deflated and scared now as I have been rejected from ljmu and Nottingham :frown: I still haven't heard from Staffordshire, Manchester and Edinburgh Napier yet but I feel like I won't get in....... has anyone heard anything from these three universities :frown:
Original post by taraxx
Hey everyone i'm started to feel a bit deflated and scared now as I have been rejected from ljmu and Nottingham :frown: I still haven't heard from Staffordshire, Manchester and Edinburgh Napier yet but I feel like I won't get in....... has anyone heard anything from these three universities :frown:

I'm sure you'll be fine. What feedback did they give you when they rejected you?? X
I just hope that there will be places for midwifery in UCAS extra. Cause I feel really scared

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 288
Original post by ellarosenwyn
I'm sure you'll be fine. What feedback did they give you when they rejected you?? X

Well ljmu said I didn't say much about the insight into midwifery and Nottingham didn't give any feedback...... I'm just worried this could be the reason why I don't get into any of the universities :frown:
Original post by taraxx

Hi Taraxx,

Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed about this. It can be demotivating getting a rejection, but don't get demoralised: just make sure you're focusing on your exams now. It probably won't happen, but if you find yourself without a place this year you can always take a year out, get some work experience and then reapply next year. So whatever happens you will be fine. :smile:

Fingers crossed for your other offers. :crossedf: Best of luck!

Katie
Reply 290
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi Taraxx,

Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed about this. It can be demotivating getting a rejection, but don't get demoralised: just make sure you're focusing on your exams now. It probably won't happen, but if you find yourself without a place this year you can always take a year out, get some work experience and then reapply next year. So whatever happens you will be fine. :smile:

Fingers crossed for your other offers. :crossedf: Best of luck!

Katie

yeah thanx i'll try to be a bit more optimistic :smile:
Original post by taraxx
yeah thanx i'll try to be a bit more optimistic :smile:

Good to hear - let me know how it goes! :h:
Reply 292
Original post by taraxx

I've applied for Staffordshire and have my interview in February

Sorry to hear about your rejections, this is my second year applying so I know what it's like x
Reply 293
Original post by LC1996
I've applied for Staffordshire and have my interview in February

Sorry to hear about your rejections, this is my second year applying so I know what it's like x

are you applying to the same uni's as last year? x
Hi I am new to this site, I have only applied to Edge Hill sent it off on the 1st December, got an email to say they had my application on the 3rd. Has anyone else applied there? If so how long did it take for you hear back? I am so nervous and keep stalking ucas track lol
Original post by danielle-louise
Hi I am new to this site, I have only applied to Edge Hill sent it off on the 1st December, got an email to say they had my application on the 3rd. Has anyone else applied there? If so how long did it take for you hear back? I am so nervous and keep stalking ucas track lol

I recieved my interview from there 5 weeks after applying x
Original post by bethygirl
I recieved my interview from there 5 weeks after applying x

Thank you. I think I need to stop looking all the time. If I was to be unsuccessful would you hear straight away?
Thank you. I think I need to stop looking all the time. If I was to be unsuccessful would you hear straight away?

They tend to send replies out in bulks so it's just whenever they decide to do that. But let's not think that way, think positive, you will be successful!! Xx
Original post by bethygirl
They tend to send replies out in bulks so it's just whenever they decide to do that. But let's not think that way, think positive, you will be successful!! Xx

Yes must keep positive!! When is your interview? Where else have you applied? Is it your first time applying?
Yes must keep positive!! When is your interview? Where else have you applied? Is it your first time applying?

My interview is Feb 11th which I believe is the first interview date. I've also applied to Leeds, Huddersfield, Teesside and northumbria. And yes I'm only 17 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending