The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHSFan
33.3%, surely!? It's the offers that applicants want!

Original post by III-AMIR-III
isn't it 30%?

20% for actually places but 30% for offers.

Yes but not all offers lead to places.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
20% for actually places but 30% for offers.

as long as you get an offer you are fine, thats all you need really.

They do if all the people accept their offers!
as long as you get an offer you are fine, thats all you need really.

Original post by NHSFan
They do if all the people accept their offers!

Oh, that's alright then, I thought it might be like a flight; could be oversubscribed meaning people may have to be deferred or something.
Oh, that's alright then, I thought it might be like a flight; could be oversubscribed meaning people may have to be deferred or something.

Haha a version of Hunger Games for Medicine, they usually give more offers than places available because many decide to go to another university or some don't get the grade required.
I'm a loooong time stalker of tsr, especially the medicine threads. I feel a certain comradeship with everyone on here - happy whenever anyone gets an interview invite and sad when someone posts that they've been rejected. This wait is slowly killing me...I've heard nothing from any of my choices but the work experience form for Warwick. I'm really kicking myself for applying to Leicester instead of Barts, seems like people have received interview offers with similar stats but I guess I'll never know now. I'm here refreshing my emails every 5 minutes between my care work and when I'm not checking my emails I'm refreshing the tsr threads.

Anyway I really hope the best for everyone on here, I know how hard GEM is. I hope we all hear some good news soon.
Haha a version of Hunger Games for Medicine, they usually give more offers than places available because many decide to go to another university or some don't get the grade required.

That does make sense.
I'm pretty sure medicine is the same in most universities, with the exception being Oxbridge of course, although I guess if one got a offer from two medical school then one of the offers would go to waste.
Warwick you're killing me here :frown:
Original post by Creatingchaos
Warwick you're killing me here :frown:

I can imagine there admins office just watching this thread and laughing at the office haha
this wait for warwick is driving me crazy.
Safe to say we won't hear anything from Warwick today?
Original post by Natha_Lite
Safe to say we won't hear anything from Warwick today?

It's odd given that there were far fewer applications too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LuceeeeeT
It's odd given that there were far fewer applications too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even odder considering they said we could pick interview dates from the 9th.
Maybe there are loads of people tied because most people have the 70 hours and now they've needed to use something else to select? Just a guess, but it's ridiculous that they specifically told us all a date that we could chose interview slots!
is there a link to where warwick update us on the admission process? How did people find out about when we can pick interview dates?
Original post by Richardjamesford
is there a link to where warwick update us on the admission process? How did people find out about when we can pick interview dates?

It was on the work ex email. I have checked their Twitter but nothing there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jodieee2994
Maybe there are loads of people tied because most people have the 70 hours and now they've needed to use something else to select? Just a guess, but it's ridiculous that they specifically told us all a date that we could chose interview slots!

Surely they'd probably select on UKCAT in the same way they did before? In reality, who not working in Warwick admissions knows :tongue:
Original post by renoufcaitlin
Thanks - here's hoping that doesn't affect the 2016 entrants!

A101 will definitely run at Bristol for 2016 intake (all of 19 places ...).

It will not be available in subsequent years .

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/medical-school/prospective/mb-medicine-grad-entry/
Original post by returnmigrant
A101 will definitely run at Bristol for 2016 intake (all of 19 places ...).

It will not be available in subsequent years .

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/medical-school/prospective/mb-medicine-grad-entry/

Thanks - I meant more in terms of an effect on the 2016 entrants (Class of 2020) being able to register properly after their FY1 year. As in if the system changes (as mentioned earlier) while they're in the middle of the A101 program then they would not be eligible to register with the GMC at the end of 4th year if you see what I mean.
Has anyone else had an email from Barts Medical School ?

I have received an email inviting me to interview but the email contains no information which would allow me to log in to the next screen when I click on the link to the portal. Has anyone had the same problem or knows what I am doing wrong? I have been ringing the uni all day but with no answer... I'm keen to get this sorted as I know the slots will be filling up!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending