The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1001
Hmm, Giroud up front with pace eitherside Ozil on the wings. Looking forward to this tbh
Giroud should not be starting but I can only wish that guy the best
Original post by Diego Costa
When did you say we were talking about starts? When it suited your argument? Even then it doesn't support you. Giroud has 8 goals from 9 starts, Walcott has 2 goals from 6 starts.

The "stats" you linked don't really show anything. For example, in the second link it gives credit to Walcott for the Munich win, when the game didn't change until Giroud was brought on.

The first link doesn't prove your point. It knocks Giroud for not having enough "match winning goals" but when was the last time Walcott got one? I don't even think it was this year.

Arsenal play a narrow formation. When get the ball up to Giroud he holds the ball up for the three behind which creating space for them to work within. When you consider how key Giroud was the past three seasons, which have been three of Arsenal's most successful, it should highlight how well he fits the side.

Even if you do watch Arsenal, you don't exactly have a good knowledge of them.

FGS

Like I said, you do not watch Arsenal and you have all but confirmed it. Either that or your eyes deceive you. Please name a match this season when Giroud has been successful in holding the ball up and bringing others into play, barring Bayern H where he came off the bench and was relatively successful.

Giroud's main attribute is his aerial presence (which is expected from a 6 ft 4 monster and, even then, he misses a ton of crucial headers) and his ability to make runs which lure defenders out of their positions, which you would expect from any centre forward really. Giroud is fairly rubbish with the ball at his feet and attempts to use elaborate flicks which come off about once every 10 times, and one touch passes which are almost always misplaced and breaks down the attack. His hold up play has been almost non-existent this season.

It's insulting that your trying to discuss Arsenal's tactics with me when everything you've just spewed is utter nonsense. Expect nothing else from an account dedicated to Diego Costa tbf.

Giroud has been key in the past three seasons?! Mate what planet do you live on?
Looks like Wenger is going all out this game. Expect goals.
They've beaten Benfica, United, Atletico and Juventus at home in the last 24 months.
Original post by AliRizzo
FGS

Like I said, you do not watch Arsenal and you have all but confirmed it. Either that or your eyes deceive you. Please name a match this season when Giroud has been successful in holding the ball up and bringing others into play, barring Bayern H where he came off the bench and was relatively successful.

Giroud's main attribute is his aerial presence (which is expected from a 6 ft 4 monster and, even then, he misses a ton of crucial headers) and his ability to make runs which lure defenders out of their positions, which you would expect from any centre forward really. Giroud is fairly rubbish with the ball at his feet and attempts to use elaborate flicks which come off about once every 10 times, and one touch passes which are almost always misplaced and breaks down the attack. His hold up play has been almost non-existent this season.

It's insulting that your trying to discuss Arsenal's tactics with me when everything you've just spewed is utter nonsense. Expect nothing else from an account dedicated to Diego Costa tbf.

Giroud has been key in the past three seasons?! Mate what planet do you live on?

I agree with everything apart from the last line and the bit where it says that Giroud was 'relatively successful' off the bench against Bayern at home (I thought he was excellent).

Giroud has been key but that's largely due to being our starting striker, not because he's world class.

IMO, he's a perfect second option/weapon but I prefer how we play with a more mobile striker who has more to his game and is more efficient in front of goal.
You'll score at least 3 and win this comfortably
Original post by dairychocolate
I agree with everything apart from the last line and the bit where it says that Giroud was 'relatively successful' off the bench against Bayern at home (I thought he was excellent).

Giroud has been key but that's largely due to being our starting striker, not because he's world class.

IMO, he's a perfect second option/weapon but I prefer how we play with a more mobile striker who has more to his game and is more efficient in front of goal.

100%. People assume he's class because he scores the goals. Well what the hell do you expect lol, he's our only striker.

Agree with your last para completely as well. A very good option when he comes off the bench and he almost always scores. It's no coincidence that whenever Walcott is fit Giroud is benched.
Original post by sr90
You'll score at least 3 and win this comfortably

Agreed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Shed End
They've beaten Benfica, United, Atletico and Juventus at home in the last 24 months.

They've beaten Arsenal 3 times at home in the past 6 years as well
Original post by AliRizzo
100%. People assume he's class because he scores the goals. Well what the hell do you expect lol, he's our only striker.

Agree with your last para completely as well. A very good option when he comes off the bench and he almost always scores. It's no coincidence that whenever Walcott is fit Giroud is benched.

Another point is that I think we're better off the ball when we have Walcott up front.

When we want to sit back and counter with Giroud, we have to commit a load of bodies beyond him from deeper positions. That leaves us more exposed than when we use Walcott and can mainly keep bodies behind him and look to directly put him through on goal.
Original post by sr90
They've beaten Arsenal 3 times at home in the past 6 years as well

Skewed stat as it has always been on MD6 when Arsenal have already qualified, fielded weakened teams and have relatively nothing to play for.
RIP
Original post by difeo
RIP

Long time no see I swear
Original post by The Shed End
Long time no see I swear

I've been around
where the fuk is the urgency.

bunch of ****boys.

couldnt beat Rodney King if they were white police.
I hate Flamini more than most spurs players.
Bellerin is completely exposed down that right hand side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jesus Christ we can barely keep the ball for more than 30 seconds.

Latest