The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eveliina97
Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow then :smile:

Yeah I called Oriel today because they hadn't replied to my email from last Thursday, and they said they were looking at them now and we just arranged it on the phone :smile:
Original post by mothrana
Sorry to hear that... What went wrong?
Was it the academical questions?

Sort of-- basically I was so nervous in my first interview that I wasted lots time on some questions... ended up the tutor just seems inpatient and turns out I was asked less questions than others... guess this doesn't happen a lot...
Is it okay if I went to my interview in jeans and jumper? What did you guys wear?
Reply 9423
what is everyone in oriel doing? where are you all? in the JCR?
I"M posting from inside Harris Manchester! !!

Had my first interview. Didn't go that well. I tried to "explain" my reasoning.

Next interview tomorrow. ....

Exciting !!!! :-)
Original post by MoonVirgo
Is it okay if I went to my interview in jeans and jumper? What did you guys wear?

Yeah, that's fine - tutors are really going to pay no attention :wink:
Original post by Zephex
Law interview was so difficult I almost broke down :frown: basically had 1 question throughout the entire interview

Me too!
I felt like every answer I gave was responded to with a question and absolutely no indication of right or wrong... so when I went off on a tangent it was horrrrrible!

I wore black jeans and a jumper with a white blousey thing underneath, don't think they care hahaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maggiels
Me too!
I felt like every answer I gave was responded to with a question and absolutely no indication of right or wrong... so when I went off on a tangent it was horrrrrible!

I applied for human sciences but I totally feel the same way, every answer I gave they just kept asking more and made me feel like I hadn't been clear the first time or something so they were trying to get a better answer that never came hahaaa, oh well that one is over now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Karina_xo
I applied for human sciences but I totally feel the same way, every answer I gave they just kept asking more and made me feel like I hadn't been clear the first time or something so they were trying to get a better answer that never came hahaaa, oh well that one is over now

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know exactly how you feel... they just kept drilling the same question over and over!

For me, it didn't help that the other person sitting in on my interview kept making weird noises, almost like she was laughing at my answers?!
So hard to have any idea if it was good or bad...

Which college are you at?
Original post by binnsm
Haha I wouldn't worry mine was terrible and there's absolutely no way it actually went well 😂

Oh dear, why was it so bad? 😢

A current Oxford student told me that they went in t shirt and jeans! It seriously doesn't matter what you look like. If they can see you're intelligent and good at your subject, they're not going to care about what you're wearing. It is not a job interview. It's best to be comfortable in these sorts of situations. Good luck!
Thank you guys! It's good to know that it doesn't matter what I wear. I mean, I presume they won't reject someone just because they didn't dress up. Lol.
Reply 9433
Is it ok for my personal statement and written work interview to be only 20 minutes?
Original post by MHI
Is it ok for my personal statement and written work interview to be only 20 minutes?

What have you applied for?
Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me out- I've just finished all my interviews :smile: first 2 were at the college of my choice which I really enjoyed, then the list went up on the board and I was the only English applicant asked to interview at another college. Second interview was awful, interviewers were a lot harsher and I really didn't like the vibe of the college. Is there any chance I can still get an offer from my original college? Here's hoping
Original post by Maggiels
I know exactly how you feel... they just kept drilling the same question over and over!

For me, it didn't help that the other person sitting in on my interview kept making weird noises, almost like she was laughing at my answers?!
So hard to have any idea if it was good or bad...

Which college are you at?

I'm at St. John's, but I also have an interview at st hughs, and yeah one of my interviewers kept like making this face like she was confused and like shocked by my answers, like she kept scowling 😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9437
Original post by Lsdjrl
What have you applied for?

History :smile:
Original post by tesstickles2727
Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could help me out- I've just finished all my interviews :smile: first 2 were at the college of my choice which I really enjoyed, then the list went up on the board and I was the only English applicant asked to interview at another college. Second interview was awful, interviewers were a lot harsher and I really didn't like the vibe of the college. Is there any chance I can still get an offer from my original college? Here's hoping

Don't worry, there's no way of telling what it means when you get an extra interview like that. I know people who had an extra interview at a different college and are now studying at their original college :smile: It's impossible to read into it, as annoying as it sounds. Now you just have to try and relax over Christmas! I hope you enjoyed the Oxford experience :smile:
Original post by Karina_xo
I'm at St. John's, but I also have an interview at st hughs, and yeah one of my interviewers kept like making this face like she was confused and like shocked by my answers, like she kept scowling 😓😓😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my Philosophy interview last year, my interviewers asked me to try and solve a problem, and when I gave my answer they said "we weren't expecting you to say that!", which panicked me a lot. Don't worry about it - it's really hard to tell what tutors are actually thinking :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending