The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by renoufcaitlin
Thanks - I meant more in terms of an effect on the 2016 entrants (Class of 2020) being able to register properly after their FY1 year. As in if the system changes (as mentioned earlier) while they're in the middle of the A101 program then they would not be eligible to register with the GMC at the end of 4th year if you see what I mean.

No don't worry. Big changes like that would only affect people who start after the change, as medical schools would have to make the necessary changes to their curriculum's.
Original post by Mully09
Has anyone else had an email from Barts Medical School ?

I have received an email inviting me to interview but the email contains no information which would allow me to log in to the next screen when I click on the link to the portal. Has anyone had the same problem or knows what I am doing wrong? I have been ringing the uni all day but with no answer... I'm keen to get this sorted as I know the slots will be filling up!

Thanks

You will have received an email at the time of application from Barts with the subject line "Your Applicant Portal - Queen Mary University of London"
There are log in details to the candidate portal within that email that should work?
Original post by CharlieGEM
Surely they'd probably select on UKCAT in the same way they did before? In reality, who not working in Warwick admissions knows :tongue:

Well I was thinking that they've ranked us on UKCAT and academics and some people were tied for score so they sent out the work experience forms, 1) for confirmation and 2) to eliminate some people that were tied. And now loads of people have the work experience, so people are still tied and now they need to chose using different criteria?
Original post by Jodieee2994
Well I was thinking that they've ranked us on UKCAT and academics and some people were tied for score so they sent out the work experience forms, 1) for confirmation and 2) to eliminate some people that were tied. And now loads of people have the work experience, so people are still tied and now they need to chose using different criteria?

They seem to be using a scoring system out of 30 at least in years past https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admission_to_a101_medicine so it's conceivable there could be a lot of tied applicants. Why would they not just use raw UKCAT or UKCAT VR scores as a tie-break? Otherwise they're going to have to dig through work experience forms, references and personal statements.
I haven't received an email from barts, should I assume I've been rejected?
This wait is becoming terrifying. Not only is Warwick not giving any sign of life, Cambridge promised to get back to us this week!

Sort of happy that we are all in the same boat, feel hugged guys!
They seem to be using a scoring system out of 30 at least in years past https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/admission_to_a101_medicine so it's conceivable there could be a lot of tied applicants. Why would they not just use raw UKCAT or UKCAT VR scores as a tie-break? Otherwise they're going to have to dig through work experience forms, references and personal statements.

Aye but they have already said they arent lookibg at the personal statements, I guess they are just taking a little longer to sort, im sure we'll hear tomorrow or friday :biggrin:
Original post by tommyGEM
You will have received an email at the time of application from Barts with the subject line "Your Applicant Portal - Queen Mary University of London"
There are log in details to the candidate portal within that email that should work?

Thank you so much! I completely forgot about the email they sent us back in October. Interview booked for 19th January :smile:
Original post by YeloSweetPotato
This wait is becoming terrifying. Not only is Warwick not giving any sign of life, Cambridge promised to get back to us this week!

Sort of happy that we are all in the same boat, feel hugged guys!

Cambridge had a "processing error" so decisions are now going out early next week. The wait is torturous and my hope is fading pretty fast...!
Original post by HanaGEM
Aye but they have already said they arent lookibg at the personal statements, I guess they are just taking a little longer to sort, im sure we'll hear tomorrow or friday :biggrin:

Well if they leave it to Friday and their IT system for reserving dates glitches all hell could break loose :biggrin: so I reckon they have to do it tomorrow.
Well if they leave it to Friday and their IT system for reserving dates glitches all hell could break loose :biggrin: so I reckon they have to do it tomorrow.

Who else think we should be compensated by being given an interview?

Hahah

I agree its likely to be today, or maybe its wishful thinking
I know Southampton won't be very quick, but it doesn't stop me constantly checking my emails. *sigh*
Original post by nature_elf
Cambridge had a "processing error" so decisions are now going out early next week. The wait is torturous and my hope is fading pretty fast...!

Haha, my hope is really just minimal! Thanks for sharing this, it's frustrating and relieving at the same time! :smile:
Original post by Mully09
Thank you so much! I completely forgot about the email they sent us back in October. Interview booked for 19th January :smile:

Good luck with the interview!
Original post by HanaGEM
I agree its likely to be today, or maybe its wishful thinking

Starting to look like wishful thinking :tongue:
So Southampton interviewed this week and considering I haven't heard anything at all from them, it's safe to assume my application was unsuccessful?
Reply 4137
Original post by ohmyBEAUT
So Southampton interviewed this week and considering I haven't heard anything at all from them, it's safe to assume my application was unsuccessful?

Yeah most likely.
I haven't heard anything either so I decided it was a rejection ages ago haha
Reply 4138
Original post by ohmyBEAUT

The year before last they put on an extra interview date for BM4 as they didn't get enough high caliber applicants on the first round of interviews. Seeing as I don't think I did very well, there may still be hope if others fell below the offer mark. Fingers crossed for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still nothing from Warwick :s-smilie: I assume no one else has heard anything either?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending