The Student Room Group

How to get over a celebrity crush?

I haven't had a celebrity crush in years but now I suddenly do thanks to one band member (which I won't name so please don't ask).

I have enough sense to know that nothing will happen but I can't help but hope and it's really affecting my life. I am not only attracted to his music and looks but his fun personality brightens my day up to no end. Just looking at his sunny smile makes me happy.

He'll probably get a girlfriend in a couple of years or less and I know it's coming and I want to continue to support him but I don't know how I can deal with the heartbreak :frown: I want to meet him too, maybe in a concert or a meet and greet. He means so much to me. :colondollar:

This is a serious thread so I would like legit answers please. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry, you'll grow up one day :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by WoodyMKC
Don't worry, you'll grow up one day :redface:

I hope so :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't had a celebrity crush in years but now I suddenly do thanks to one band member (which I won't name so please don't ask).

I have enough sense to know that nothing will happen but I can't help but hope and it's really affecting my life. I am not only attracted to his music and looks but his fun personality brightens my day up to no end. Just looking at his sunny smile makes me happy.

He'll probably get a girlfriend in a couple of years or less and I know it's coming and I want to continue to support him but I don't know how I can deal with the heartbreak :frown: I want to meet him too, maybe in a concert or a meet and greet. He means so much to me. :colondollar:

This is a serious thread so I would like legit answers please. Thank you.
awww I understand exactly what you mean, I currently have a crush on Michael Jackson :colondollar: tbh, I feel like the best way to get over him is to develop another crush, I'm getting a crush on my friend's boyfriend and its causing my crush on MJ to fade, I used to be completely obsessed, but now, not so much. Oh, and I really advise against trying to force yourself to stop fancying him, it will *not* work, and will make you like him more. I say just let it run its course and know that you will get over him. Maybe try to interact with more boys too.
Reply 4
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
awww I understand exactly what you mean, I currently have a crush on Michael Jackson :colondollar: tbh, I feel like the best way to get over him is to develop another crush, I'm getting a crush on my friend's boyfriend and its causing my crush on MJ to fade, I used to be completely obsessed, but now, not so much. Oh, and I really advise against trying to force yourself to stop fancying him, it will *not* work, and will make you like him more. I say just let it run its course and know that you will get over him. Maybe try to interact with more boys too.

The last time I had a celebrity crush was when I was 14 and it lasted a year and a half. :angry: I just wish I only appreciated the band as a whole instead of just him in particular. I love them all but I tend to be a bit more biased towards my crush. It's to the point where I lost count on the amount of useless pictures I have of him in my phone.

Thanks for the advice, how do you manage the crush with MJ especially since he's...you know. :frown:
The last time I had a celebrity crush was when I was 14 and it lasted a year and a half. :angry: I just wish I only appreciated the band as a whole instead of just him in particular. I love them all but I tend to be a bit more biased towards my crush. It's to the point where I lost count on the amount of useless pictures I have of him in my phone.

Thanks for the advice, how do you manage the crush with MJ especially since he's...you know. :frown:
lol don't feel guilty about liking him more, you can't help it :h: you could perhaps find out more about the others, that might help? Also can I ask, how did this crush begin? Was there a sudden realisation, or did it just grow? I have about 320 MJ pics on my phone :redface:

I do occasionally find myself getting quite upset about the fact he is no longer here and that I could never ever meet him, but I like to focus on how he was when he was alive, listen to his songs, look at his photos (although I do this far less nowadays). I manage it by talking to people about it, especially adults as they tend to have more experience.
Allow yourself to have many celebrity crushes at the same time, that way you won't feel so into them and find new ones too. If you stick to just one, you'll get attached like you are. I keep many all at the same time, but I never felt attached, so I assume it's because of that.
Reply 7
lol don't feel guilty about liking him more, you can't help it :h: you could perhaps find out more about the others, that might help? Also can I ask, how did this crush begin? Was there a sudden realisation, or did it just grow? I have about 320 MJ pics on my phone :redface:

I do occasionally find myself getting quite upset about the fact he is no longer here and that I could never ever meet him, but I like to focus on how he was when he was alive, listen to his songs, look at his photos (although I do this far less nowadays). I manage it by talking to people about it, especially adults as they tend to have more experience.

It just grew really, the band usually posts some behind the scenes videos and just random vlogs and I saw a bit of myself in his personality which made me focus on him more so it escalated from there.

I know a lot about the other band members. They are all equally amazing and very inspiring if I must add. I think the best bet to get over him is to go to one of their concerts and see how unavailable they are. Then it'll probably knock some sense into me :biggrin:

I'm sorry man, nothing could be worse than physically being unable to meet your crush. :frown: MJ is pretty rad btw :h:
It just grew really, the band usually posts some behind the scenes videos and just random vlogs and I saw a bit of myself in his personality which made me focus on him more so it escalated from there.

I know a lot about the other band members. They are all equally amazing and very inspiring if I must add. I think the best bet to get over him is to go to one of their concerts and see how unavailable they are. Then it'll probably knock some sense into me :biggrin:

I'm sorry man, nothing could be worse than physically being unable to meet your crush. :frown: MJ is pretty rad btw :h:
you saw yourself in his personality? This is how crushes most often tend to develop for some reason, quite interesting :smile:

Yeah, go to a concert, it may help you see the reality haha.

And yes, MJ really was rad :biggrin:
Reply 9
you saw yourself in his personality? This is how crushes most often tend to develop for some reason, quite interesting :smile:

Yeah, go to a concert, it may help you see the reality haha.

And yes, MJ really was rad :biggrin:

Yes I will go if the band decides to tour Europe in like 2 years time (maybe 5 because of the security threat. I doubt they would risk coming here for a while). :frown:

How did your crush develop?
I don't know what to say other than that I completely understand how you feel, I currently have a huge embarrassing crush on a singer, who I literally never shut up about to the few people who know about it (I keep how much of a fangirl I am quiet around almost everyone). They're probably so fed up of hearing about her, honestly I feel sorry for them but I just can't help it. I've been getting these crushes since I was about 12 and I'm 19 now. Oh and I have a girlfriend, who is fully aware of how lame I am and likes the same person :tongue:
Original post by Marina_x
I don't know what to say other than that I completely understand how you feel, I currently have a huge embarrassing crush on a singer, who I literally never shut up about to the few people who know about it (I keep how much of a fangirl I am quiet around almost everyone). They're probably so fed up of hearing about her, honestly I feel sorry for them but I just can't help it. I've been getting these crushes since I was about 12 and I'm 19 now. Oh and I have a girlfriend, who is fully aware of how lame I am and likes the same person :tongue:

I know how you feel! I rant about this guy to my friends and they are all sick of it and yet I can't stop XD I know someone who knows them but they are not much a fan as me lol!

Aw you're lucky to have someone who crushes on the same person as you. It's my goal to find a person like that for me so we can cry about him all the time :wink:
I know how you feel! I rant about this guy to my friends and they are all sick of it and yet I can't stop XD I know someone who knows them but they are not much a fan as me lol!

Aw you're lucky to have someone who crushes on the same person as you. It's my goal to find a person like that for me so we can cry about him all the time :wink:

Yeah, my sister is a fan of her but I feel like me being so obsessed has made her less of a fan, it's that bad! And I have friends who like her band but I still act casual when they're mentioned because if I fangirl too hard on the outside they'll think I'm weird. But yeah I am lucky, we actually first met online because we were both in the fandom. We spend so much time drooling over her pictures and looking for reasons to think she isn't straight (she is)
Yes I will go if the band decides to tour Europe in like 2 years time (maybe 5 because of the security threat. I doubt they would risk coming here for a while). :frown:

How did your crush develop?

Well you never know when they will come, I bet it will be less than 5 years :h:

At first I was scared of him after seeing some unpleasant things online, then I watched an clip of an interview with him and realised he had a really nice personality, then I watched the The Way You Make Me Feel music video, realised how attractive he was and it began :smile:
I know what u mean. I always end up getting these really intense celebrity crushes. Right now I’m crushing on Melissa Benoist. Aka supergirl. Before that it was semi lavoto which is even worse. I honestly think u should just wait it out like u would with a real crush. Don’t try and seperate ur self but don’t immerse yourselve in there life. Don’t check there social media as much. Try and limit your self. Kind of like an addiction. And as hard as it seems because trust me I know. Try and flirt and speak to other people you find attractive. If ur like me and don’t have a social life. And the feelings just getting stronger then you just have to try and put your self out there. As hard as it may seem
It's all fun and games untill your girlfriend has your girlfriend gets a celebrity crush and you're just there like :mad:

I feel like these things go away with time, you will meet new interesting people and one day you will find someone you like and you know irl and you will fall in love with them and move on from your impossible crushes, although those people will probably always hold a special place in your heart (you know what I'm talking about :mad:)
Old bumped thread.

Nonetheless, Rachel Riley. She’s hot.
Don't understand why this is an issue lol you'll never meet him/her
Wait back up
Why did you guys bump this thread?! I read the original post and then I thought to myself...'Hey this sounds like something I would have typed.' And then I realised that it WAS me. *embarrassment intensifies*

Quick update: I have been over this crush since 2016 lol it was J-Hope from BTS, a kpop band.

Latest

Trending

Trending