The Student Room Group

Engineering Mathematics

On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard would you consider this engineering maths paper?

1449705959913.jpg1449705972468.jpg1449705985553.jpg1449705998118.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Original post by EngStudent123
On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard would you consider this engineering maths paper?

1449705959913.jpg1449705972468.jpg1449705985553.jpg1449705998118.jpg

Hard to judge itFor a second year if there is choice (e.g. best 5 questions) this is very nice
University and course?
Original post by TeeEm
Hard to judge itFor a second year if there is choice (e.g. best 5 questions) this is very nice
University and course?

It's 2nd year mechanical. You also get choices 5/7
Reply 5

then it is a very good paper in my opinion.
what university is from?

(feel free to upload more)
I would give it a 10 on the basis that I could not answer a single question on that paper at the moment.

But on reflection, when I think back to what I covered during my engineering maths classes it does seem quite fair, except perhaps questions 6 and 7 which I think would be more on the difficult side.

Lets see what @a10 thinks as he's also right in amongst this stuff at the moment.
Original post by TeeEm
then it is a very good paper in my opinion.
what university is from?

(feel free to upload more)

What does good mean on a scale of 1 to 10?

you can find another paper are here
Reply 8
What does good mean on a scale of 1 to 10?

you can find another paper are here

AROUND 9
(btw THE LINK DOES NOT WORK)
On a scale of 1 to 10 how hard would you consider this engineering maths paper?1449705959913.jpg1449705972468.jpg1449705985553.jpg1449705998118.jpg

This paper seems like a combination of 2 modules I am taking this year (in fact the questions seem very similar). I wonder though how much content of the year does this paper cover for your course? For the two modules I take that cover all these topics it counts to 25% of the year :frown:.

Nice paper as well. I may attempt the questions later down the line for revision for summer exams after I have covered all the topics.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by poorform
This paper seems like a combination of 2 modules I am taking this year (in fact the questions seem very similar). I wonder though how much content of the year does this paper cover for your course? For the two modules I take that cover all these topics it counts to 25% of the year :frown:.

Nice paper as well. I may attempt the questions later down the line for revision for summer exams after I have covered all the topics.

Oh this was from Sept to Dec (now). But that's the last of it.
In terms of the percentage for the year I think it's maybe 4 or 5 but I'm not sure.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh this was from Sept to Dec (now). But that's the last of it.
In terms of the percentage for the year I think it's maybe 4 or 5 but I'm not sure.
Posted from TSR Mobile

These topics only cover 5% of your year.......are you serious. Good luck.
Original post by poorform
These topics only cover 5% of your year.......are you serious. Good luck.

Lol. Yeah it's tough.
Original post by TeeEm
many thanks

Well? No more comments?
Reply 16

Original post by Smack
I would give it a 10 on the basis that I could not answer a single question on that paper at the moment.

But on reflection, when I think back to what I covered during my engineering maths classes it does seem quite fair, except perhaps questions 6 and 7 which I think would be more on the difficult side.

Lets see what @a10 thinks as he's also right in amongst this stuff at the moment.

In my opinion this is quite a nice paper if I'm honest. The questions from 1-3 should be quite simple; I did those in my first year in the second term and it was just a case of understanding the theorums and applying them. Questions 4-7 are a bit trickier than the earlier ones but again quite standard 2nd year pure maths stuff nothing I would consider as 'too difficult' there!
I remember covering most of this (not sure what Clairaut's theorem is though) but I don't think I could answer much without a lot of revision :wink2:

the end of question 6 looks disgusting :puke:

who the hell is that?

oh, I remember
Original post by a10
In my opinion this is quite a nice paper if I'm honest. The questions from 1-3 should be quite simple; I did those in my first year in the second term and it was just a case of understanding the theorums and applying them. Questions 4-7 are a bit trickier than the earlier ones but again quite standard 2nd year pure maths stuff nothing I would consider as 'too difficult' there!

In my experience, the questions are usually harder than they appear to be at first look.
the fact that it seems to have been printed on jelly makes it even harder

:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest