The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Got an interview at UCL in January at 8:45AM 😮
Original post by Aemiliana
I'm not sure if any of you know, but UCAS releases daily statistics on how many people have applied/have offers etc for each subject.

I found it quite interesting - there are 9 school directs for my subject but, if I'm reading the statistics correctly, there have only been 5 applications for a school direct route so far.

You can also check here to see how close your course is to being full. They only update at 50%, 75%, 90%, 95% and 100% so it's not hugely accurate.

hmmm this is interesting! especially seeing the north east (where I live) seems to have less applications? idk if this just means there are less placements overall though, or if it suggests that the prospects for primary placements are any better but still it's giving me a lil bit of (false) hope~
Earlier this afternoon I decided to withdraw my application to Kings.

Just a few minutes ago, UCAS finally updated and I was able to firm the Cambridge offer!

Congratulations !!
Original post by blueberry muffin

Well done ! Are you doing primary or secondary ?
Reply 2464
Earlier this afternoon I decided to withdraw my application to Kings.

Just a few minutes ago, UCAS finally updated and I was able to firm the Cambridge offer!

Congrats!
Professional skills tests later.
Wallet stolen, including debit card and driving licence.
Luckily I still have my passport and I have managed to dig out an old expired debit card with a signature ... just have to hope they'll accept that ... :s-smilie:
It's so weird that they don't accept your birth certificate, even the full version.

Original post by Smileygal
Hi guys, I've been offered an interview by the uni of Warwick on the 17th December, but it hasn't updated on track yet.

Hey there, I have an interview at Warwick on the 15th and it hasn't shown up on Track either ... I'm thinking of contacting them about it, even if only just to say 'Yes, I'm coming' because otherwise they will have no idea if I'm actually going to show up!
Original post by Mpagtches
Luckily I still have my passport and I have managed to dig out an old expired debit card with a signature ... just have to hope they'll accept that ... :s-smilie:
It's so weird that they don't accept your birth certificate, even the full version.

Hey there, I have an interview at Warwick on the 15th and it hasn't shown up on Track either ... I'm thinking of contacting them about it, even if only just to say 'Yes, I'm coming' because otherwise they will have no idea if I'm actually going to show up!

First of all, report your debit card and your driver's licence as missing.

As for the track thingy, did you get an email telling you to confirm the interview? They give you this 7 digit ID number that can be used to log in and either accept, reschedule or reject the interview.

Once you confirm, a new link opens up with all the info on how to get there, how to prepare etc...
First of all, report your debit card and your driver's licence as missing.

As for the track thingy, did you get an email telling you to confirm the interview? They give you this 7 digit ID number that can be used to log in and either accept, reschedule or reject the interview.

Once you confirm, a new link opens up with all the info on how to get there, how to prepare etc...

Lol, don't worry, I have done that, but the replacements won't arrive for a couple of days, which is too late as the tests are today!
It's also too soon to get the 'in place of ID' form done for those who only have 1 type of ID.

Nope, I haven't had any emails from Warwick since applying.
I did get a typed letter through though, with details about how to get there etc., but it doesn't mention anything about Track.

So is your Warwick stuff sorted now and are you happy?
Lol, don't worry, I have done that, but the replacements won't arrive for a couple of days, which is too late as the tests are today!
It's also too soon to get the 'in place of ID' form done for those who only have 1 type of ID.

Nope, I haven't had any emails from Warwick since applying.
I did get a typed letter through though, with details about how to get there etc., but it doesn't mention anything about Track.

So is your Warwick stuff sorted now and are you happy?

Good luck for your tests! I am nervous about the interview, this time next week, I'll be there. 😨😨 I'm very nervous, and I still haven't heard from my other two choices.
Good luck with the tests!!
Aw, you'll get there. I thought I would be a nervous wreck (well, I was), even though I actually like maths, but I managed to pass LOL. One tip I can offer is to write down any timetables during the practice question as it actually saves time. For me, it felt like a minute.

Yeah I was planning on writing my 7's because I always get stuck on those! How's your application going?
Original post by NeedToRevise
Yeah I was planning on writing my 7's because I always get stuck on those! How's your application going?

I wrote the 8 times table. It's pesky haha. I have an interview next Thursday at Warwick for Early years. Haven't heard from my other two choices (Warwick and UoB).
Original post by blueberry muffin

Me too - but at 4 pm. I haven't accepted/declined yet as I'm supposed to hear, by today, if I was successful in another route....

What did you apply for at UCL? I'm Science (Chemistry)...there's no way I'll have the experience in the classroom that they are looking for.
Hi all,
I have to take a 20 min lesson in my Secondary in Maths interview. The group of pupils have few Pupil Premium and SEN. What would you suggest I need to prepare extra for them? Any suggestions?

Odd that you haven't had an email, I had an email with a link to confirm attendance that you had to enter your details, and then a second like with everything you need to prepare/bring with you on the interview. I would definitely email or call!
Hi guys, I'm from overseas so don't quite understand the DBS check process. Do you know how long and how much does it take to do it? Do I have to be in England to do it? Thanks a lot!

I received my interview invitation from UCL about three weeks ago and it's still not on UCAS yet. UCAS said that it's up to the uni whether they want to update your interview status on Track. Don't worry too much about that. Contacting the uni and confirming your attendance is not a bad idea. Good luck with it!
Woohoo! Yesterday I got offered a place for a schools direct and got two invitations to interview, for Oxford and Leicester. I'm so happy! :smile:
Has anyone else on here accepted a conditional offer from the University of Birmingham for General Primary?
Original post by carolineherts
Well done ! Are you doing primary or secondary ?

I'm doing primary hopefully, what about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending