The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Hello, I have a question, I haven't pressed the next button on my LNAT essay because I finished at the last second, is my essay validate ? Thank youuu
Reply 661
Original post by JohnGreek
Please explain in more detail :smile:
I think that the essay is automatically saved anyway along the way, so there will be a copy of it (albeit a slightly earlier one I imagine) that is saved and sent off to your unis.

I mean, is my essay lost or will the uni still have it ? Because in order to validate we need to click on next right ?
Original post by kristynjade96
Got 2 conditional offers from Notts Trent today - 320 UCAS for straight law and 280 UCAS for law with criminology - plus my unconditional if firmed from Lincoln (300 UCAS if insurance)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your outstanding academic achievements! You must be really proud. Notts Trent is a top university, attended by some of the brightest minds in the country.
Reply 663
Hi, international student here taking the IB

has anyone received an offer from UCL? I received an invitiation for interview ://
Reply 664
Original post by izzzler

has anyone received an offer from UCL? I received an invitiation for interview ://

I haven't heard back from UCL :/ I applied on November 9th. What are your predicted grades and when did you send your application? If you don't mind my asking
Original post by inesbrd
Hello, I have a question, I haven't pressed the next button on my LNAT essay because I finished at the last second, is my essay validate ? Thank youuu

Don't worry, I did the same, and I got an offer from bristol (an LNAT uni), and I'm currently at an Oxford interview and they said they had read my essay, so it must have been saved automatically
Original post by Janinns
Holding a conditional offer from Exeter. Still waiting to hear from Kings (Dickson Poon Scholarship applicant - 1.batch), LSE and Edinburgh. I am getting really impatient at this stage. I sent my application on October 14.

Same here, sent it off on Oct 15th and only got the LSE 8week email.
Reply 667
I sent my application on September 22nd, which is very early hahah. Im predicted 43 with 777 at HL, what about you?

Original post by sop10
I haven't heard back from UCL :/ I applied on November 9th. What are your predicted grades and when did you send your application? If you don't mind my asking
Original post by izzzler

when did you apply?
Reply 669
Original post by galatasaray1905
when did you apply?

22nd of september!! so it was quite early on :/

Congrats!! When did you apply? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

About UCL... did you ever get an email other than the one confirming your application? I just noticed that ever since I only sent them my predicted grades, but no communication other than that happened :/
AS Grades: AAAB & A in EPQ for subjects: English Lit, History, German and Religious Studies (dropped at A2)
A2 Predicted: A*A*A*

Applied to:
Oxford
Durham
Nottingham
Bristol
Warwick

Received offers from:
Nottingham Law with German with German Law: AAA (including A in German)
Bristol Law with German: A*AB or AAA (including A in German)
Warwick Law: AAA

Just came back from law interviews at Oxford (not expecting an offer after that TBH)
I am an international student here.
Applied 4 days ago, already got an offer from Queen Mary( A*AA) and a rejection from UCL because of my LNAT. I know I have a huge disadvantage on LNAT because English is not my first language, but I did A LOT OF work on it, more than lots of you who got an offer I believe. That is why I am really upset, because they do not know how hardworking you are, they judge you based on a number. Got rejection in only four days with few lines explanation, but I prepared for LNAT for bloody four months.
Original post by yizhibaobao
Applied 4 days ago, already got an offer from Queen Mary( A*AA) and a rejection from UCL because of my LNAT. I know I have a huge disadvantage on LNAT because English is not my first language, but I did A LOT OF work on it, more than lots of you who got an offer I believe. That is why I am really upset, because they do not know how hardworking you are, they judge you based on a number. Got rejection in only four days with few lines explanation, but I prepared for LNAT for bloody four months.

It is so weird that UCL contacted you so quickly. So sorry to hear that they didnt send you an offer :frown: people say hard work always pays off. Dont worry - you will get 4 offers :smile: good luck
Did they send you an email or you got a notification on UCAS track?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bobkata
It is so weird that UCL contacted you so quickly. So sorry to hear that they didnt send you an offer :frown: they say hard work alwsys pays off. Dont worry - you will get 4 offers :smile: good luck

Thanks for saying that :smile:
Yeah I am surprised as well UCL contacted me this quick! I am wondering maybe I got 1/42 or something like that in LNAT haha... And they could not be able to see such a bad applicant applying for their uni, so rejected me immediately... I really hope I could get offers from the other three!
Yeah I am surprised as well UCL contacted me this quick! I am wondering maybe I got 1/42 or something like that in LNAT haha... And they could not be able to see such a bad applicant applying for their uni, so rejected me immediately... I really hope I could get offers from the other three!

You already have one from Queen Mary, so, good job! :smile:
Original post by izzzler
Hi, international student here taking the IB has anyone received an offer from UCL? I received an invitiation for interview ://

Got one! :3 Good luck with your interview!

Hi there. English isn't my first language as well and I thought I would struggle with the LNAT because of that. Pretty sure I didn't do that well, with the Oxford rejection and all.. But honestly, don't beat yourself up over it. A rejection from UCL doesn't have to mean a bad performance on the LNAT - maybe it was just because a lot of international applicants received offers for Law a couple of weeks ago and they figure they have enough of them by now or maybe you didn't pick the right essay question or there was one tiny detail in your personal statement the tutors didn't like. When it comes to such competitive universities, you never really know why - it could have a lot of small, seemingly unimportant reasons you weren't responsible for. When it came to Oxford, I was so sure I did everything I could have done and eventually, I was still rejected just like that. It just happens.
You've got an offer from an amazing uni, so you obviously did everything right and I'm sure you'll receive some more good news soon :smile:
Reply 679

I got rejected from UCL due to my LNAT too, you're not alone!

Latest

Trending

Trending