The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff offer holders? (2016 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbidavis7
I sent my UCAS well over a month ago, and received an offer from Cardiff within 2 days.

Subject: Philosophy
Grades: ABB
Predictions: AAA

Not yet firmed as still deciding between Liverpool and Cardiff for 1st choice!

oh wow that's fast!
Welldone! I'm still waiting :s-smilie: Have you been to any open days?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by sarahemily_
Just got my offer through for Computer Science yesterday, only sent my UCAS away last week!
The only thing is my school aren't letting us see our predicted grades!

oh that's good! What were your AS grades (if you don't mind me asking)? usually the predicted is either the same or one grade higher
Original post by chemstudent314
oh wow that's fast!
Welldone! I'm still waiting :s-smilie: Have you been to any open days?

Yes I have been to an open day for Cardiff in the summer holidays and Liverpool in October. They're both lovely :smile: as is Manchester and Bristol UWE. x
congratulations! where else have you applied?:smile:

Bristol, Exeter, Swansea and Liverpool. Just waiting on Bristol and Exeter but I'm not too hopeful :/
Original post by D_Fielding
Bristol, Exeter, Swansea and Liverpool. Just waiting on Bristol and Exeter but I'm not too hopeful :/

Swansea is lovely, I wanted to apply there too but they didn't have my course. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine:smile:
oh that's good! What were your AS grades (if you don't mind me asking)? usually the predicted is either the same or one grade higher

I don't mind at all, I got AACC!
Had an offer to study BSc Economics & Management for AAB, I'm predicted A*A*AA and had a reply within 3 days!! So Happy!!
Anyone got an offer for chemistry yet?
got a civil engineering offer this week, AAA, so happy as it's going to be my firm :smile:
Reply 29
I applied to do Neuroscience at cardiff as part of the biomedical science department. I sent my application off well over a month ago (21 October) and still have not heard anything.
Original post by RozJones
I applied to do Neuroscience at cardiff as part of the biomedical science department. I sent my application off well over a month ago (21 October) and still have not heard anything.

So did i! I applied on the 11th of october and still haven't heard a single thing :/ and some of my friends have had interviews and offers (for a different course) and they applied well after me, hopefully you hear soon!
Original post by anise_mc
got a civil engineering offer this week, AAA, so happy as it's going to be my firm :smile:

congratulations! where else have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by sarahemily_
I don't mind at all, I got AACC!

that's so good, I got slightly lower grades so perhaps that's why its taking longer :confused:
Reply 33
So did i! I applied on the 11th of october and still haven't heard a single thing :/ and some of my friends have had interviews and offers (for a different course) and they applied well after me, hopefully you hear soon!

Just got an offer yesterday! Don't think it will be my firm though
I'm waiting on biomedical science (anatomy) applied 13th Nov but still no news

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was your offer and stats if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my conditional offer back a week after sending it, but I doubt I'll get the grades to take it :s-smilie:

Subject: Psychology
Grade Requirements: AAB/A*BB
Predicted Grades: BBB
congratulations! where else have you applied to? :smile:

newcastle (going to be insurance), sheffield, manchester, birmingham, you?
Reply 38
Original post by RSSM09
What was your offer and stats if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

one A and one B in biology and chemistry. They only want two because I did Welsh A level a year early and got an A
Oh that's good what did you get at GCSEs and AS if you don't mind me asking. And where else did you apply too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest