The Student Room Group

Nervous around guys...

So, I am 15 and currently attend an all girls school (year 11). However, I am planning on going to a mixed college next year. The problem is, I cannot talk to guys for the life of me, which sounds utterly ridiculous, I know. I am just so scared that they won't like me or that they'll find me too weird ahaha

Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stop being nervous, their is nothing wrong with you.

An exercise is go to the shopping centre and walk side by side by guys with no intention of talking to them, this will give you practice and reference points so you can mitigate your nervousness.

Just say hello, smile, with a conversation about anything. I love kind, friendly people, I'm sure many others will.

And remember, lots of people are nervous around other people, not just you.

Good luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drax101
Stop being nervous, their is nothing wrong with you.

An exercise is go to the shopping centre and walk side by side by guys with no intention of talking to them, this will give you practice and reference points so you can mitigate your nervousness.

And remember, lots of people are nervous around other people, not just you.

Good luck

Thank you; I will try this :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by KirstyBishop
Thank you; I will try this :smile:

Your welcome.

Remember, people are in their own world, no one is going to make a judgement of you. People are worried about their own lives :smile:
Can't fool the city they know whats up, is that a world tour or your girls tour? Trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers.
No im sorry was listening to drake your be fine dw your young, if not your just have loads of confidence after you start drinking! :smile:
Us guys won't bite unless you ask us to...
Reply 7
lol i went to an all girls school too
i'm now in year 13
i haven't FULLY moved but I go to another 6th form twice a week (mixed) for one of my subjects
it's really not that bad :tongue:
it's awkward at first but you get used to it

i know many people who went to mixed 6th forms after leaving our school and they LOVE IT

it's fine boys aren't that scary X'D
Original post by z33
lol i went to an all girls school too
i'm now in year 13
i haven't FULLY moved but I go to another 6th form twice a week (mixed) for one of my subjects
it's really not that bad :tongue:
it's awkward at first but you get used to it

i know many people who went to mixed 6th forms after leaving our school and they LOVE IT

it's fine boys aren't that scary X'D

Thank you!
Reply 9
So, I am 15 and currently attend an all girls school (year 11). However, I am planning on going to a mixed college next year. The problem is, I cannot talk to guys for the life of me, which sounds utterly ridiculous, I know. I am just so scared that they won't like me or that they'll find me too weird ahaha

Any advice?

If it's really your pic, don't worry, guys will do all the talking. You just have to laugh at their jokes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
If it's really your pic, don't worry, guys will do all the talking. You just have to laugh at their jokes.

Yes it is ahaha thank you
Reply 11
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Can't fool the city they know whats up, is that a world tour or your girls tour? Trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers.

This ain't what she meant when she told you to open up mooooore

Any advice?

There's nothing to do but become more confindant by talking to them. I myself have trouble talking to girls but it isn't going to get easier. I'm sure they'll like you. Besides, the weirdess people are aleays the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Any advice?

Practice man, everyone's **** at something when they start out. Don't put guys on a pedestal Just relax and don't try too hard :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LoZ_9009
There's nothing to do but become more confindant by talking to them. I myself have trouble talking to girls but it isn't going to get easier. I'm sure they'll like you. Besides, the weirdess people are aleays the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Goaded
This ain't what she meant when she told you to open up mooooore

Shout to all boss bitches wifin' n*ggas make sure you hit him with the prenup, Damn tell that man to ease up
Reply 16
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Shout to all boss bitches wifin' n*ggas make sure you hit him with the prenup, Damn tell that man to ease up

I don't wanna hear about this ever agaaaain, not even when she tell them that they better as friends
Not even when you sayin' "drizzy tell me again"

Tune fam
Original post by Goaded
I don't wanna hear about this ever agaaaain, not even when she tell them that they better as friends
Not even when you sayin' "drizzy tell me again"

Tune fam

I been puttin' on a show, it was a sell out event
Oh, you need better seatin'

I didn't wanna do it, gave me every reason
The point I'm tryna make is I don't ever need 'em
Seen what you’d do for fame, what would you do for freedom?
Trust b
Original post by Goaded
I don't wanna hear about this ever agaaaain

^ me after i end our beef by beating u at backgammon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending