The Student Room Group

English Lit

Has anyone done the English literature aqa 2015 exam paper and can tell me the two questions that are on the relationships sections.
anything help will be much appreciated.
need this by tonight!!
thanks
Original post by tiya_2000
Has anyone done the English literature aqa 2015 exam paper and can tell me the two questions that are on the relationships sections.
anything help will be much appreciated.
need this by tonight!!
thanks

I think you would need the mark scheme as you've already done the questions :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I think you would need the mark scheme as you've already done the questions :tongue:

i havnt done the questions though.... have you done the paper as it is not on aqa
i havnt done the questions though.... have you done the paper as it is not on aqa

No, I haven't but we are doing it for our mock sometime after Christmas so I would prefer not to look at the questions.
Did the exam today, and it went alright. The first part is split up into sections and you only look at the section that you've covered from the Anthology. For me, it was Relationships. Then, they give you two questions and you only have to answer one. They will be about one of the poems in the book, and then you can pick another poem to compare it to. The second part requires you to look at a new poem, and analyse it. The one that we were given asked us to talk about the two main two characters and the ways in which the poet presented their feelings. Hope this helps.
Original post by lumpyspacemoose
Did the exam today, and it went alright. The first part is split up into sections and you only look at the section that you've covered from the Anthology. For me, it was Relationships. Then, they give you two questions and you only have to answer one. They will be about one of the poems in the book, and then you can pick another poem to compare it to. The second part requires you to look at a new poem, and analyse it. The one that we were given asked us to talk about the two main two characters and the ways in which the poet presented their feelings. Hope this helps.

Have you done the paper on of mice and men and an inspector calls?
From what I remember those exact questions were
"Compare the ways the poet portrays damaged relationships in The Manhunt and one other poem" that's the one I chose
The other one was about Sister Maude and one other poem, I think the theme was death but not too sure.
Got an A* I was very surprised. The unseen poem questions should be about the feelings of being in love and how the poet shows that. Good luck, did it around last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by JesseW182
From what I remember those exact questions were
"Compare the ways the poet portrays damaged relationships in The Manhunt and one other poem" that's the one I chose
The other one was about Sister Maude and one other poem, I think the theme was death but not too sure.
Got an A* I was very surprised. The unseen poem questions should be about the feelings of being in love and how the poet shows that. Good luck, did it around last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou so much. was this for your mocks and is it the 2015 paper. also what poem did you do with comparing with manhun?????
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah this was for my mocks, I compared it with quickdraw as they both have that sort of theme of a relationship in crisis since quickdraw is about an argument between to lovers over the phone
Reply 9
Yeah this was for my mocks, I compared it with quickdraw as they both have that sort of theme of a relationship in crisis since quickdraw is about an argument between to lovers over the phone

are you able to give me any more points on what you wrote about and maybe the structure? you really would be saving me :smile:
Quickdraw= enjambment in every stanza could possinly suggest the argument is not on its way to being sorted any time soon
The Manhunt: Small stanzas act as pieces of a puzzle that the wife is trying to collect and fit together which will possible fix the relationship but it is proving to be a difficult task with the amount of stanzas and with each stanza she learns that there is another problem with the husband

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Quickdraw= enjambment in every stanza could possinly suggest the argument is not on its way to being sorted any time soon
The Manhunt: Small stanzas act as pieces of a puzzle that the wife is trying to collect and fit together which will possible fix the relationship but it is proving to be a difficult task with the amount of stanzas and with each stanza she learns that there is another problem with the husband

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankkyou so much. can u remember the name of the unseen poem and what the question was asking???
Reply 12
thankkyou so much. can u remember the name of the unseen poem and what the question was asking???

also quick draw doesn not have many stanzas
I'm afraid not sorry I just know the theme is the feelings being in love. Be sure to do well in section a because that is 36 marks, for the unseen you need about 3 points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm afraid not sorry I just know the theme is the feelings being in love. Be sure to do well in section a because that is 36 marks, for the unseen you need about 3 points

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for all your help
Good luck in your exam, hope you do well!

Quick Reply

Latest