The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo
How is it. In the first game we should've had a penalty and PSV a red card, we'd have won that game and then almost certainly qualified from the group. Now obviously later events would have changed had the correct decisions been made, but it seems pretty undeniable that we were cheated out of it.

I'm sorry but Manchester United should not be crying about a reffing performance in a group they should be winning. Look how much money you've spent and how many players have been brought in, look at the stature of your club. Would Real Madrid/Bayern/Barca be complaining about the ref's performance in one game if they didn't make it out of the group? That's the level your side should be at and it's a big problem for your lot that you're miles from those teams and are left making excuses for not qualifying.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dairychocolate
I'm sorry but Manchester United should not be crying about a reffing performance in a group they should be winning. Look how much money you've spent and how many players have been brought in, look at the stature of your club. Would Real Madrid/Bayern/Barca be complaining about the ref's performance in one game if they didn't make it out of the group? That's the level your side should be at and it's a big problem for your lot that you're miles from those teams and are left making excuses for not qualifying.

Point is that had we not been cheated we'd be through, just like Bayern, Barca and Real, and no one would be criticising us in that regard.
Reply 1182
Original post by AR_95
Would much rather have Sanogo on that bench now that you mention it.

What do you actual want to happen with Ox's situation? Why do you want him out so bad?

He turned 22 a few months ago, he's quite raw but he's talented - there's no denying that he's talented. A lot of his game is limited by his decision making, and more recently a lack of confidence and a patch of really bad form.

He can & will improve his decision making and will improve as an overall player.

Reason why we have no need to rush him is because he probably wouldn't get in to the starting 11 anyway, he has time.. a manager who is very good at developing players and a lot of good players to learn from.

It really doesn't matter that he's had a lot of time so far, because we don't despirstely need him to come good right now. If he's going to develop slowly I'm fine with it - because it seems like a finished product will be a beast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo

Point is that had we not been cheated we'd be through, just like Bayern, Barca and Real, and no one would be criticising us in that regard.

I hate United but it's still sad to see how far you've fallen.

You should be pissed off that you didn't win that group, not sitting here making 'what if' scenarios about the officiating.

You should be pissed off that you didn't win that group, not sitting here making 'what if' scenarios about the officiating.

We would've won the group had we not been cheated

It's not sad to me they deserve to fail it is great
No United shouldn't have won the group. That is completely underestimating Wolfsburg.
Enough with the counterfactual BS.

We would have had our ass sent back to 8 mile if we had qualified.
Reply 1188
Original post by Mackay
Really interesting that Walcott has admitted you didn't respect Monaco at all last season. They gave you an almighty shock, admittedly, but you seem to be playing with more professionalism this term.

No, this is typical Arsenal. Same thing will happen this year.
Reply 1189
Original post by SA-1
What do you actual want to happen with Ox's situation? Why do you want him out so bad?

He turned 22 a few months ago, he's quite raw but he's talented - there's no denying that he's talented. A lot of his game is limited by his decision making, and more recently a lack of confidence and a patch of really bad form.

He can & will improve his decision making and will improve as an overall player.

Reason why we have no need to rush him is because he probably wouldn't get in to the starting 11 anyway, he has time.. a manager who is very good at developing players and a lot of good players to learn from.

It really doesn't matter that he's had a lot of time so far, because we don't despirstely need him to come good right now. If he's going to develop slowly I'm fine with it - because it seems like a finished product will be a beast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tfw someone actually took my seriously

Banter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
We would've won the group had we not been cheated

How were you cheated?
Original post by jam277
No United shouldn't have won the group. That is completely underestimating Wolfsburg.

The same Wolfsburg that lost home and away to Everton last year? The same Wolfsburg that lost their best player in the summer? I think it's fair to say United well and truly messed up that group.
FGS

Like I said, you do not watch Arsenal and you have all but confirmed it. Either that or your eyes deceive you. Please name a match this season when Giroud has been successful in holding the ball up and bringing others into play, barring Bayern H where he came off the bench and was relatively successful.

West Brom & Palace

Giroud's main attribute is his aerial presence (which is expected from a 6 ft 4 monster and, even then, he misses a ton of crucial headers) and his ability to make runs which lure defenders out of their positions, which you would expect from any centre forward really. Giroud is fairly rubbish with the ball at his feet and attempts to use elaborate flicks which come off about once every 10 times, and one touch passes which are almost always misplaced and breaks down the attack. His hold up play has been almost non-existent this season.

"He's big so he should score headers, amirite" YOU RARELY CROSS AS ARSENAL PLAY NARROW, so he doesn't get the chance to score headers. His hold up-play was key in Arsenal's biggest game all year. Also I find it funny that you say he can't hold the ball up based on three months. Yes Giroud makes 10 flicks per game, great insight m8.

It's insulting that your trying to discuss Arsenal's tactics with me when everything you've just spewed is utter nonsense. Expect nothing else from an account dedicated to Diego Costa tbf.

Tell me more about all the posts I make related to Costa. Or in fact link them.

Original post by AliRizzo
Giroud has been key in the past three seasons?! Mate what planet do you live on?

13/14 and 14/15 were two of your most successful seasons in recent memory and lo and behold a large part of the strategy involved giving it to Giroud.

f*cking idiot
Original post by AliRizzo
The same Wolfsburg that lost home and away to Everton last year? The same Wolfsburg that lost their best player in the summer? I think it's fair to say United well and truly messed up that group.

We're acting like Draxler's a rubbish replacement and Atlético went from being knocked out in the R16 of Europa league to the CL final next year. Separate Europa league games are not an indicator of a teams ability.
Reply 1194
Original post by AR_95
Tfw someone actually took my seriously

Banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol nah - I think I quoted the wrong post from you..

It's been a discussion I've been meaning to have with you for a while anyway :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diego Costa
West Brom & Palace

"He's big so he should score headers, amirite" YOU RARELY CROSS AS ARSENAL PLAY NARROW, so he doesn't get the chance to score headers. His hold up-play was key in Arsenal's biggest game all year. Also I find it funny that you say he can't hold the ball up based on three months. Yes Giroud makes 10 flicks per game, great insight m8.

Tell me more about all the posts I make related to Costa. Or in fact link them.

13/14 and 14/15 were two of your most successful seasons in recent memory and lo and behold a large part of the strategy involved giving it to Giroud.

f*cking idiot

Dude are you okay? Why have you replied the exact same thing you did yesterday? I ignored you for a reason. You know NOTHING about Arsenal.

13/14 and 14/15 two of our most successful seasons in recent memory? Eh? We bottled the league in 13/14 BECAUSE OF GIROUD. Giroud was also injured for 3 months in 14/15 so once again your argument has collapsed. It was Sanchez who kept us afloat while we weren't playing well. But then again you wouldn't know that BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH ARSENAL.

Successful because we won the FA Cup? Sure. But don't tell me your gonna say we won the cups because of him because that would just be silly even for your pathetic standards.

I said account dedicated to Costa based on your user name and DP moron. Nothing to do with posts.

He rarely gets the chance to score headers? Are you f*cking pulling my leg? YOU DON'T WATCH ARSENAL. STOP MAKING UP STUFF YOU MORON. AND HE WAS A BAG OF SH*TE AGAINST WEST BROM WHY DO YOU KEEP MENTIONING THAT GAME?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt but my God you are something else.
Original post by jam277
We're acting like Draxler's a rubbish replacement and Atlético went from being knocked out in the R16 of Europa league to the CL final next year. Separate Europa league games are not an indicator of a teams ability.

United should have had all the teams tbf.

Wasn't that Wolfsburg are ****e but if you saw the game. W ****ed up on some big chances and had our players not been immune to scoring we would have had a win.
Then, taking into account the PSV games then we should have had that group but let it slip.
Reply 1197
Original post by Rk2k14
United should have had all the teams tbf.

Wasn't that Wolfsburg are ****e but if you saw the game. W ****ed up on some big chances and had our players not been immune to scoring we would have had a win.
Then, taking into account the PSV games then we should have had that group but let it slip.

Take your Europa bull**** to the United or Liverpool thread fam.

#Chat****GetBanged

Inb4 k.o in the round of 16 by Zenit :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277

Then why are Arsenal judged by the same standards when discussing the CL? 'Oh we all know Arsenal are going to bottle it again, out of the last 16 5 years in a row' etc etc.

That's not to say I don't agree with you, I actually do. But Wolfsburg have not been impressive at all this year and that's the truth. Conceding 5 goals in 9 minutes or whatever it was is absolutely shocking. Even against United they were all over the place defensively and almost shot themselves in the foot. United had so many good chances in the last 10 mins it was ridiculous, and United are not known for making chances, especially this season.

I think it's more then fair to say given the money spent in the last two years it would not be ridiculous to suggest United should have easily topped that group. Not even sure how this is a debate.
Original post by SA-1
Take your Europa bull**** to the United or Liverpool thread fam.

#Chat****GetBanged

Inb4 k.o in the round of 16 by Zenit :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will cut you bitch.

Potty mouth y'know. :colonhash:

Latest