The Student Room Group

A level ICT

just curious do you like doing ict for alevels ?

Scroll to see replies

I did A Level ICT, I can't say it was particularly enjoyable though (I chose to do it as it happened to be my best subject at GCSE). I wasn't really interested in any of the topics, however the content wasn't very difficult to learn. The most challenging aspect of the course was definitely the coursework, which was incredibly time consuming and got quite stressful as the deadlines approached.

If you think the content looks interesting and you're willing to put a lot of time and effort into the coursework, then I'd say go for it :smile:
I did AS ICT. The exam is quite easy and the coursework can be fun but you had to do a lot of documentation which was a bit boring
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
I did A Level ICT, I can't say it was particularly enjoyable though (I chose to do it as it happened to be my best subject at GCSE). I wasn't really interested in any of the topics, however the content wasn't very difficult to learn. The most challenging aspect of the course was definitely the coursework, which was incredibly time consuming and got quite stressful as the deadlines approached.

If you think the content looks interesting and you're willing to put a lot of time and effort into the coursework, then I'd say go for it :smile:

The thing is my teacher is not that intreasted in teaching us, their are only 4 for IT.and one more thing how was the excel exam on AS
Original post by djmans
The thing is my teacher is not that intreasted in teaching us, their are only 4 for IT.and one more thing how was the excel exam on AS

Are you referring to the unit 2 spreadsheet coursework (WJEC)?
Reply 5
Are you referring to the unit 2 spreadsheet coursework (WJEC)?

not sure exactly but our teacher told that we had 2 projects and 1 excel thing
Original post by djmans
not sure exactly but our teacher told that we had 2 projects and 1 excel thing

Which exam board are you on?
Reply 7
Which exam board are you on?

Edexcel u?
Original post by djmans
Edexcel u?

I was with WJEC, so your exams and course content will be different to what I did :smile:
if you're doing OCR IT you'll want to kill yourself.
Original post by Docjones1
I did AS ICT. The exam is quite easy and the coursework can be fun but you had to do a lot of documentation which was a bit boring

Do you still have your project for info1?
Hi hope you are well. I just wanted toask if you still have your projects for as level ict (aqa) my teachers are so rubbish and so hard to understand i dont want to fail.Please help me.
Original post by bakersman110
Do you still have your project for info1?

No haha i did it three years ago
oh okay , thanks anyway :frown: . . .
I'm doing AS AQA ICT and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Of course, it helps that I already have an interest in it and my teacher is an absolute saint who I've had since year nine.

But the course is pretty good in itself.
i am doing OCR AS ICT and it's pretty fun and going well so far, i am on task 1 and done task 2 and 3
our sixth form never goes in sequence
IBM Industry Solutions Executive, Dr Simon Eassom, said, ‘If we have access to every book available online, why does a school need a library? IT has the potential to revolutionise what we do with teaching and learning at all levels, from nursery to old age. If the classroom is the World Wide Web (WWW), where is the classroom?’
(14)
[20 marks]
Discuss.
YES!!! and i am like that atm
i just want to commit suicide that how bad i am feeling :frown:
btw are u good at vba coding in excel?
Does anyone have any revision notes for info 1 (problem solving in the digital world) AS level aqa
Original post by bakersman110
Does anyone have any revision notes for info 1 (problem solving in the digital world) AS level aqa

Just read the textbook - you could learn most of info 1 in a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending