The Student Room Group

Thinking of doing pharmacy, GCSE problem

Hello, I'm currently doing my A-levels, I'm studying biology, chemistry and history, I really want to study pharmacy but I don't think my GCSEs are strong enough? I achieved 1A*,1A (Not in science,maths or English) and 8B grades. I'm looking to study at Cardiff, Bath, Manchester and Kings College London. I think my GCSEs aren't strong enough compared to other candidates I've seen apply on TSR.
Reply 1
Original post by KingPaki1
Hello, I'm currently doing my A-levels, I'm studying biology, chemistry and history, I really want to study pharmacy but I don't think my GCSEs are strong enough? I achieved 1A*,1A (Not in science,maths or English) and 8B grades. I'm looking to study at Cardiff, Bath, Manchester and Kings College London. I think my GCSEs aren't strong enough compared to other candidates I've seen apply on TSR.

Honestly I don't think any unis care about GCSE's except Nottingham who wanted As in Maths and English, don;t write anything off what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
Original post by kateisles
Honestly I don't think any unis care about GCSE's except Nottingham who wanted As in Maths and English, don;t write anything off what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

Biology and history I'm predicted A's, chemistry predicted a B but i'm hoping this will change to an A also after January mocks. So you don't think I will be at a disadvantage compared to other candidates?
Reply 3
Biology and history I'm predicted A's, chemistry predicted a B but i'm hoping this will change to an A also after January mocks. So you don't think I will be at a disadvantage compared to other candidates?

defintely not, I've got offers and I got ABBC at AS the most important thing is to try and get experience and do lots of research into different aspects of pharmacy
Reply 4
Original post by kateisles
defintely not, I've got offers and I got ABBC at AS the most important thing is to try and get experience and do lots of research into different aspects of pharmacy

Okay thank you, do you mind me asking what you got in your GCSEs?
Reply 5
Okay thank you, do you mind me asking what you got in your GCSEs?

3A*s, 7As and 2Cs
Reply 6
As long as you get A*-C no one cares at all about GCSE. I got all A*s and As and it makes no difference to anything, at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending