The Student Room Group

Video interview

Has anyone done a video interview with simmons & simmons?

Scroll to see replies

Nope I have until Saturday to do it. Any chance you fancy telling me what sort of questions they asked you/ how long you had to answer them?

Original post by Omotee
Has anyone done a video interview with simmons & simmons?
Hi have either of you done the video interview yet? Is it competency based? What kind of questions do they ask?
Reply 3
Can anyone let me know what kind of questions were asked during the video interview?
Reply 4
Does anyone know the format of the interview?
Original post by myluck
Does anyone know the format of the interview?

So in my interview there were four questions. Three competency based and one commercial one. The questions come up on your screen and then you have a couple of minutes to prepare your answer. It wasn't too bad! It varies with the questions though as one of my friends didn't get the commercial question...
Is there a time limit? And if so, what is it?
Original post by Hejmeddig
So in my interview there were four questions. Three competency based and one commercial one. The questions come up on your screen and then you have a couple of minutes to prepare your answer. It wasn't too bad! It varies with the questions though as one of my friends didn't get the commercial question...

Hi! What do you mean by commercial question? Can you give some directions/tips? THANKS! Does that mean your friend answered all 4 competency based questions?
Original post by dreamer959
Is there a time limit? And if so, what is it?

I think 90 seconds per each question
So I would suggest just having a couple of commercial issues you could talk about and always think about how these issues impact law firms :smile:
Yes she only had competency bases questions. Good luck!
So I would suggest just having a couple of commercial issues you could talk about and always think about how these issues impact law firms :smile:

THANKS!!! :smile:
Guys this is so helpful! Thank you for sharing! Can anyone tell me how specific the commercial issues question was?

Hi! Have you heard back from Simmons & Simmons after doing your tests & video interview? If so, how long did it take? Thx :smile:
Reply 13

What do you mean by commercial issues? What were your questions? :smile:
Original post by MrDobney
What do you mean by commercial issues? What were your questions? :smile:

I guess we can't really go into detail but he/she was definitely right. Do prepare some commercial issues for the video interview just in case and best of luck! Just relax and be confident as I was way too nervous when i did my interview!
Reply 15
was anyone successful ?? any more tips please??
Reply 16
Original post by KP1001
was anyone successful ?? any more tips please??

hey I was :smile:

4 questinos, 1 minute to pprepare, and 90 seconds to talk about.

I followed the STAR approach in all my answers- law firms really like it:smile: good luck!i prepared some answers before. I spent time planning and saying answers in those time limits. I really recommend ou do that so you get a feel of how much is possible in that time. Good luck!
Hi I was also successful.

4 questions:

1 on teamwork, 1 on difficult relationships, a commercial question and an achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Hello. With regards to the commercial question - what exactly was it trying to test?
Original post by Law201526
Hi I was also successful.

4 questions:

1 on teamwork, 1 on difficult relationships, a commercial question and an achievement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! im also looking to prepare for my video interview and I was wondering what you mean by a commercial question like what was it looking for? was it relating directly to the firm? if you could give me an insight into what it was would be so grateful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending