The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by NBrooks19
Lol I agree with you, I really want to know now but at the same time I have a feeling it could be bad news. Just have to try and remain optimistic, everyone may surprise themselves - probably went better than we think! When exactly are we told whether we've got an offer or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the same boat as you two, booked a holiday from the 11th until the 18th so of I find out on holiday it could be the best or worst trip ever!! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalts
In the same boat as you two, booked a holiday from the 11th until the 18th so of I find out on holiday it could be the best or worst trip ever!! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha same I'm going away on the 14th for 3 weeks so I think we'll find out around about that time - potentially it could ruin the whole duration of my trip 😳 I hope it won't come to that though...have you guys got anymore interviews lined up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This time next week we should hear from them! Nervous times.

P.s. I think this because if you go on twitter and type in "Plymouth medicine offer" the past four years, it has been the week before Christmas on a Tuesday so I'm 99% sure it will be the same this year! :smile:
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
This time next week we should hear from them! Nervous times.

P.s. I think this because if you go on twitter and type in "Plymouth medicine offer" the past four years, it has been the week before Christmas on a Tuesday so I'm 99% sure it will be the same this year! :smile:

I hope so! Or at least I think I hope so..... :dontknow:
Does anybody know when rejections come out and if they come out before offers? :smile:
Original post by dizzyhizzy97
Does anybody know when rejections come out and if they come out before offers? :smile:

Last year at about 3.15 on Tuesday 16th December they sent out waiting list emails for the borderline/near-miss candidates. I'm pretty sure that we already knew that Plymouth would not send out final rejections until after all the interviews in January as I vividly remember sitting on a sun lounger in Mexico (!) with my daughter frantically refreshing UCAS track and TSR for the next hour and a half knowing that, after that, any further change that day would be an offer. Sure enough at 4.46 a single button-press sent-out all the offers via track as loads of us on TSR heard simultaneously :smile:
The 16th last year exactly mimicked the dates from the year before so, hopefully, Tuesday 15th will be D-day this year…
Page 43 of last year's TSR thread shows the relevant posts.
Best of luck to you all.
Reply 286
Original post by Dr Gin
Last year at about 3.15 on Tuesday 16th December they sent out waiting list emails for the borderline/near-miss candidates. I'm pretty sure that we already knew that Plymouth would not send out final rejections until after all the interviews in January as I vividly remember sitting on a sun lounger in Mexico (!) with my daughter frantically refreshing UCAS track and TSR for the next hour and a half knowing that, after that, any further change that day would be an offer. Sure enough at 4.46 a single button-press sent-out all the offers via track as loads of us on TSR heard simultaneously :smile:
The 16th last year exactly mimicked the dates from the year before so, hopefully, Tuesday 15th will be D-day this year…
Best of luck to you all.

So basically offers could be given out next tuesday or in January sometime, depending if you're definite "yes" candidate or a "maybe"?
Original post by Dr Gin
Best of luck to you all.

Sorry if I'm being slow but are you saying that offers will be sent out around 15th December and borderline/rejections on the 16th?
Original post by Dr Gin
Best of luck to you all.

So it all happens fairly quickly, then. Thank you for the (very precise!) details :biggrin:

Just a very nervous wait for next week now.
Original post by dairychocolate
Sorry if I'm being slow but are you saying that offers will be sent out around 15th December and borderline/rejections on the 16th?

Last year everything happened on the 16th: waiting list notifications by email at 3.15 followed by offers via track at 4.45. The rejected candidates didn't hear anything that day as far as I know. If it follows the same pattern this year then everything might happen on Tuesday 15th...
Original post by Dr Gin
Best of luck to you all.

Thank you for this! :smile:
Reply 291
Original post by 10nasir
So basically offers could be given out next tuesday or in January sometime, depending if you're definite "yes" candidate or a "maybe"?

I called up Plymouth, this isn't right, they said they'll be meeting on Wednesday the 16th from 1-3 after 3 you can call to find out, but offers will be given out on Thursday and Friday.
Does anybody know if the written questionnaire is used in the interview scoring or was it more to help us to prepare for what's ahead (just to put our thoughts down on paper, not necessarily assessed by the interviewers)?
Original post by TaranK
I called up Plymouth, this isn't right, they said they'll be meeting on Wednesday the 16th from 1-3 after 3 you can call to find out, but offers will be given out on Thursday and Friday.

Do you know if this is the same for Dentistry?
Original post by Mehhhh
Does anybody know if the written questionnaire is used in the interview scoring or was it more to help us to prepare for what's ahead (just to put our thoughts down on paper, not necessarily assessed by the interviewers)?

It's only used in borderline circumstances i.e. To try and differentiate between 2 very similar candidates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NBrooks19
It's only used in borderline circumstances i.e. To try and differentiate between 2 very similar candidates

Where did you find that out?
Original post by dairychocolate
Where did you find that out?

Someone on last year's thread said it and when you went to hand in your exam certificates and get the interview info, I asked the woman who served me and she said exactly that, and not to spend too much time on it at all as it's not overly important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Original post by NervousBoy
Do you know if this is the same for Dentistry?

No idea sorry mate, just call them up, they'll tell you.
This is going to be a looking week...
Anybody heard anything post interview yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending