The Student Room Group

**Hong Kong Non-JUPAS Applicants 2016**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hjeongsub
Hey guys I just had an interview with the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Does anyone know when the results would be out?

congrats! did u have phone call interview or interview in hk? do u mind telling me what it was like thx! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! I am applying for medicine in both HKU and CUHK. Is anyone applying the same subject?
Has anyone received any HKU dentistry emails/interviews? ^^
Original post by ccc12345
Has anyone received any HKU dentistry emails/interviews? ^^

my frd got one! :smile: shes studying in the uk and will be having her interview in hk soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mega.white
my frd got one! :smile: shes studying in the uk and will be having her interview in hk soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thats great! :smile: good luck to her!! do you mind me asking when she got the email HAHAHA
Original post by ccc12345
Ah thats great! :smile: good luck to her!! do you mind me asking when she got the email HAHAHA

i dont remember but its either the beginning of this week or the end of last week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
conditional offer with scholarship for CUHK BBA:h:
Hi, I just received an invitation for an interview from HKUST school of engineering. Could you please give me some tips/share questions that you came across during your interview?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by camillasad
Hi, I just received an invitation for an interview from HKUST school of engineering. Could you please give me some tips/share questions that you came across during your interview?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

define smart city. how can you make hong kong a smart city. ( quite stupid but that's the question)
Original post by piyushjha099
If it is a group interview as if for me for engineering that I already had than you need not worry it would be a very general discussion on some normal education or science related topic between a group of 5 or 6 and they will evaluate your thinking and speaking akills and communication skills which they think are important for your application. So just keep aware about the current topics and make sure you are not nervous to speak in a group.

Thank you very much for your response!
Unfortunately, in my country, we don't have an opportunity to participate in a group interview. I have to record a video of my responses via kiratalent website and send my results to them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh ! But still you can easily go on with it by answering confidently whatever comes in your way because the main apect is your way of answering and confidence on your words . There is no wrong or right answer about a question that they are looking for.

I agree with you:smile: A friend of mine, who is currently enrolled in this uni told me the same thing.
Has anyone received any response from HKUST for engineering. Interview or offer ?

As you know from my previous post, I received an invitation for an interview from HKUST today. I also had an interview with HKUST school of science a week ago.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eddymok123
conditional offer with scholarship for CUHK BBA:h:

Ayy congrats what were your grades again???? give me hope pleaseee
Original post by fedorahat88
Ayy congrats what were your grades again???? give me hope pleaseee

IGCSE 4A* 4A
AS 4A
Alevel predicted A*A*AA

I think that my personal statement and interview performance also contributed to it haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you please tell me from which country are you and what are your predicted grades and when did you apply? , if you don't mind .

Yes, sure.I am an international student from Kazakhstan.
I applied in Early round, in November, 05.
I have already graduated from my school a year ago, so my grades are actual.
In grade 10 and 11 my gpa was 4.76 out of 5 possible, in grade 12 it was 5 out of 5. In addition, my high school in considered best in the country, so I had a very demanding curriculum. I also won several international scientific conferences in mathematics and mechanics, and in physics. My national examination results are 125 out of 125 possible. My toefl score is 94(I took it a year ago, don't think I have to retake it again).
If you need any other information, let me know:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Well that's an awesome record . There is no doubt that you will be selected in HKUST or any other uni you apply. All the betpst for your interview and thanks for the information.

Thanks:smile: I also hope to receive a scholarship from HKUST:smile:
I wish you good luck too and I hope to see you at HKUST next year!
Thanks. Even i hope to receive a scholarship from both HKU and HKUST.

And you definitely will!
Just believe in yourself and in your goals. Everything is going to be fine.
My friend from HKUST told me that he had his interview only in February and he still got in. Don't worry about invitations and emails from these schools. Be patient:smile:
Original post by lai812matthew
define smart city. how can you make hong kong a smart city. ( quite stupid but that's the question)

I am sorry, I didn't see your message before.
Thanks for your response!
I guess there are a lot of stupid questions like these and there is no way for me to prepare myself for this interview beforehand.
Original post by camillasad
I am sorry, I didn't see your message before.
Thanks for your response!
I guess there are a lot of stupid questions like these and there is no way for me to prepare myself for this interview beforehand.

there aren't loads of questions as the interview time is short and we have a 5 students to 2 interviewers ratio.
Hey guys! Hope you are all doing well with your uni applications :smile:
I am a first year non-JUPAS student currently studying in CUHK majoring in Professional Accountancy.
Ask me if you have any questions, will be really glad to help!

Quick Reply

Latest