The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cilla_e
Hi are you attending leeds university now for dentistry?

How is the course and university?

i REALLY want to go to attend Leeds uni for dentistry.

What was the lowest and highest BMATscores that people in your year got?

Many thanks,

Hey, yup, not sure about the BMAT scores but the course itself covers a lot of interesting content. It's a big step up from A level but there's a lot of academic support available. It's more didactic so there's more learning through lectures as opposed to problem-based learning. You're also introduced to the clinical side of things quite early on, which is always great. The uni itself is great too, loads of students and societies to join, there's always something to do.
Reply 61
Original post by Tazmain
Hey, yup, not sure about the BMAT scores but the course itself covers a lot of interesting content. It's a big step up from A level but there's a lot of academic support available. It's more didactic so there's more learning through lectures as opposed to problem-based learning. You're also introduced to the clinical side of things quite early on, which is always great. The uni itself is great too, loads of students and societies to join, there's always something to do.

Thank you!!

Do you have any tips for interview, Alevels, summer work that you could share with me?

Many thanks
So apparently the Medicine BMAT cut-off for leeds is 4.6 in section 1....Anyone know if this will be the same for Dentistry aswell? think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out
Original post by Agent R5
So apparently the Medicine BMAT cut-off for leeds is 4.6 in section 1....Anyone know if this will be the same for Dentistry aswell? think I'm going to ring them tomorrow and find out
I thought they did t have a cut off? You're just like scored on your BMAT, Personal statement etc.
Original post by xambercx
I thought they did t have a cut off? You're just like scored on your BMAT, Personal statement etc.

A few people who are applying for Medicine at Leeds said they got a email which outlined the BMAT cut-off for this year. As medicine interviews at Leeds are given out 2-3 weeks before the Dentistry interviews maybe we'll find out soon because i've got 4.5 in section 1 and if the cutoff is 4.6 :/
Reply 65
i didn't realise that Leeds had a cut-off for dentistry
Anyone else getting impatient now ???
Original post by Dentistry101

Me :'( the wait is actually killing me
Original post by Dentistry101

Yep :frown:
yep so my bad guys, Leeds don't have a BMAT cut-off for Dentistry but the 50 highest bmat scores they receive 100% get an interview and so im guessing the 50 lowest get a 100% rejection
Reply 70
Original post by minnie_1504
Me :'( the wait is actually killing me

youre not dead thoo
Original post by Agent R5
yep so my bad guys, Leeds don't have a BMAT cut-off for Dentistry but the 50 highest bmat scores they receive 100% get an interview and so im guessing the 50 lowest get a 100% rejection

let's get things right.

leeds don't have a cut off for bmat
leeds won't give 100% of the top 50 beat scores interviews. for example, if one of the top 50 bmat scores has not achieved the adequate academic requirement or has a low ranked personal statement, then they will get rejected (regardless of their high beat score)
Original post by rakib567
let's get things right.

leeds don't have a cut off for bmat
leeds won't give 100% of the top 50 beat scores interviews. for example, if one of the top 50 bmat scores has not achieved the adequate academic requirement or has a low ranked personal statement, then they will get rejected (regardless of their high beat score)

As far as Im I aware yes and then 200 based on PS
Original post by TrayTrayDinh
As far as Im I aware yes and then 200 based on PS

what makes you think that?
That's what people have told me

and how do these people know? other people told them?
I don't know for 100% fact. But I hope it is
But they said they found the information under the Freedom of Information Act

:lol: thats bs

freedom of info act can give info about the admission stats of the uni. however it will not give details about the selection process or interview criteria as it would give an unfair advantage to students applying with that info.

i phone pretty much every university before applying. Leeds said that they will first monitor every candidate's academics making sure that they meet the minimum requirement. if not they get rejected.

then they look at your personal statement. they will rank it from 1-9 (with 9 being the worst and 1 the best). usually, people with the best get interviews.

when it comes to deciding between two candidates with very similar profiles, then they would use the bmat to decide.
example of freedom of information act of admission dentistry leeds (year 2013)

1) How many of the students admitted were studying A Levels? 70 admitted * 119 UCAS offers (UK/EU)
2) How many of the students admitted were international? 14 admitted ** 5 UCAS offers (International)
3) How many graduate students applied for the 5 year course? 178 applied 7 UCAS offers (UK/EU)
Guys do you know any thread on medicine for Leeds University on here?
Original post by Darkangel1979
Guys do you know any thread on medicine for Leeds University on here?

Search Leeds a100 applicants 2016
This time last year, hadn't interviews already been given out?! I'm so impatient

Quick Reply

Latest